Ricky Knight and family on tv

SuperstarNeilC

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i watched it on the thursday and in all honesty i thought it showed wrestling in a good light and its got me reintrested in learning the craft but got no idea where to start.

loved the drizzleing shits quote its taken off at work quite well lol

• Paid Members
EDIT: Don't worry.

Before he edited, sphinx replied to my question of "why is there an abundance of talent from Ayr?" with this doozy of a gag. "There must be something in the Ayr" God bless you Sphinx.

He might well be Pepper Plunge, you know.

Its the summer shows these days I think, Premier (where they showed the tag match) in Bournemouth during the winter/ spring shows tends to get a packed house with 300+ people there often, come summer season you have 6 weeks to choose from if your not adie hard to go and your regulars are divided. You get some tourist footfall which brings the crowed up a bit but not as much as It is for a one off show. Thats how I see it anyway. I think the shows that were quite empty for WAW were summer season shows if I was watching properly?

The other WAW show they aired was packed

it was indeed a summer show, since we left the Marina centre we really struggled, the hall would not help at all, we were on a split but it did not work out hence not doing it this year. We run up to 90 shows a year, get some sell outs, get some alrights, break evens and some crap but thats promoting its always a gamble but its over a year you make or break not one show.

Just watched it and I liked it.

I remember being mentioned that the family's sole income was by wrestling? Later I believe Saraya mentioned they all had "different jobs" so I am not sure if that actually is the case. I can't imagine them all living off simply indy wrestling shows?

Brittany Knight surely has that X-factor. I hope she does well.

I really felt Zac was still very immature at times. Looked to be way to young for a fulltime "wrestling lifestyle". It's not a given to have one WWE tryout in your life, let alone two so I was a bit shocked to see him second guessing, smoking, drinking beer and eating hotdogs. Despite his "Rocky Balboa" style comeback for tryout 2 I don't see him succeeding as a WWE superstar in his portraited lifestyle. Maybe I am all wrong and was this just edited this way.......However though, I was happy for him to see him against Big Show, must have been awesome for the family too.

Ricky Knight appeared as a proud dad. He must have good connections for his young kids to get tryouts. Without wanting to sound negative..., I really hope he narrows down those hotdogs as well as I felt the family seemed to love, live and breath "wrestling", but none of them seemed to live a true, healthy "sportsmans" lifestyle.

Overall, good documentary about a true "wrestling" family.

Finally got round to watching this too and would just echo what pretty much everyine has said that it was a really good documentary the showed the Knight's as a great family to the backdrop of something they and we are passionate about. They all came across very well as indivduals too in their own ways.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to drag this thread back up again but I just finished watching this tonight, had it Sky +'d and thought I'd free up a bit of space on the planner but now I've watched it I've decided to keep it on there as I'd love to watch it again.

The Knights all seem like a good family who genuinely do love the sport we all love on here. It was great to see a documentary about wrestling done by a channel such as Channel 4 and for it to actually be done in a classy way, not kinda saying "oh wrestling is fake, immature, pervy and full of dodgy characters", they have actually shown wrestling for what it is, the clips of the shows whilst the crowd are enjoying it and getting lost in the suspense of reality, the backstage bits showing the wrestlers in the back and out of costume, the parts showing the family sorting out the shows, costumes and so on.

It was very cool seeing the whole family around the TV watching Britani Knight wrestling as Paige in FCW, to see how excited and happy they were when she won just shows that although it is predetermined and so on it still does give that same feeling as watching your football team get a win. It was just a very bizarre but feel good moment really knowing that they made a night out of it and genuinely didn't know that she was going to win and good to see that she has all of that support and actually does want to be a wrestler and not a 'diva' as she said, whereas some of the names there nowadays are there due to looks and their families probably never even watch them on TV following their first appearance. Also hope Zak Knight eventually gets a contract with WWE too.

But yeah the whole documentary showed wrestling in a good light which was a great point, secondly it made me genuinely like the Knight family and thirdly it's made me really want to see Paige become very, very successful in WWE, I already wanted her to be successful knowing she is from here but seeing how she got to where she is it'd make her winning the Divas Title (if she hopefully does someday) so much more special to all of the UK wrestling fans.

• 6 months later...
The Program is up for a regional award tonight in best documentary catergory, should it win it will then go national, here's hoping.

Best of luck with that.

Is the series still a possibility? If so, will it focus on yourself and WAW as the original intended or will it be similar to this one? I presume your daughter isn't allowed to take part if it happens, what with her WWE contract?

Archived