Ricky Knight and family on tv

SuperstarNeilC

Really enjoyed this.

I thought there were absolute killer lines, such as "You're sucking your own dick tonight, mate". The one that got the biggest laugh from me came from one of the most tender scenes. When they were hugging at the airport and Britani thanked her parents for giving her everything, Ricky, fighting back the tears told her she had done it all herself. He then made a reference to all her hard work and said something about looking at lazy twats. Thought that was a lovely moment, you could see the pride gushing from the parents.

Thought the comments from Roy were good about how he fears that if Zak doesn't make it to WWE, he may go down the same path at Roy and his father before him. Given the strength of the Knight family, I'm sure they will keep him on the straight and narrow just like they have kept Roy on the right path. You can see how sending Roy to prison last time he was up before the beak would have been detrimental when he had such a strong family unit to help him out.

Looking forward to next week. More Tizer, please!

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought they all came across as pretty articulate and grounded, which isn't necessarily something you'd expect from a wrestling family. As someone who'd never seen her before, I have to say the daughter is gorgeous and again came across as pretty bright (although she'll never make it as an American commentator impersonator).

Looking forward to next week. More Tizer, please!

Ricky's line about 'lazy twats' was in reference to Zak. Upon seeing Britani leave he said 'Hopefully this'll kick Zak's arse into gear. He can be a lazy twat sometimes.'

I thought this was just a one-off documentary, not a series?

Oh, and I think the dog is called Kaiser (as in Kaiser Sosay) and not Tizer (unless you were referring to the drink, and not the Knights dog)

• Paid Members

I have to say the family came across very well, so Ricky if you're reading this you should be very proud of how you came across and how you were portrayed.

You could tell the direction of the show changed as soon as Saraya was awarded a contract from WWE and focused more on how the family took the news and how they were to adapt.

Overall it was really enjoyable and whilst CH4 didn't delve into British Wrestling as much as some would like, I personally didn't mind that and simply enjoyed watching the family dynamic.

Good show. Depicted British Wrestling as it largely is, without too much of an agenda to either promote or criticise it. Honest and refreshing. I thought the Knights came across as good people too. I can see this programme doing better with a non-wrestling audience than most wrestling-centric documentaries do; the themes are universal as stated.

All of this ^ Well done to the Knights.

Seconded. Very good watch

I thought the girl was arrogant and annoying. Banging on about wanting a plane with her name on it etc. I get that she's young, but I can't help but feel there are more deserving girls out there somewhere with their priorities in check. Also am I the only one who heard her spout off about women's wrestling today being all about tits and ass, and she wants to bring wrestling back into the frame for the division, "like the attitude era". Granted I was tired last night watching this, but I'm pretty sure that tripe actually came out of her mouth.

I thought the girl was arrogant and annoying. Banging on about wanting a plane with her name on it etc. I get that she's young, but I can't help but feel there are more deserving girls out there somewhere with their priorities in check. Also am I the only one who heard her spout off about women's wrestling today being all about tits and ass, and she wants to bring wrestling back into the frame for the division, "like the attitude era". Granted I was tired last night watching this, but I'm pretty sure that tripe actually came out of her mouth.

To be fair, in WWE in the last few years it practically has been.

As for deserving, I won't disagree with you, but who WWE hire and fire isn't my buisness

I can't help but feel there are more deserving girls out there somewhere with their priorities in check.

Who, and what should their priorities be?

I'm not a pervert, I'm not into women's wrestling in small halls. I can only imagine though there are nice humble girls around who just want an opportunity, like that lass on TNA gut check who got through. That was my point.

AJS269: Wrestling today in America isn't Tits and Ass by any stretch of the imagine. Are the girls incredibly hot in WWE? Yes. But go watch WWE from 1998 - 2001 and you will see tits and ass, school girl outfits, spankings, mud bowels etc. So her claiming she wants to bring "wrestling" back to that "attitude" standard is a stupid comment.

I can't help but feel there are more deserving girls out there somewhere with their priorities in check.

Who, and what should their priorities be?

I'm not a pervert, I'm not into women's wrestling in small halls. I can only imagine though there are nice humble girls around who just want an opportunity, like that lass on TNA gut check who got through. That was my point.

AJS269: Wrestling today in America isn't Tits and Ass by any stretch of the imagine. Are the girls incredibly hot in WWE? Yes. But go watch WWE from 1998 - 2001 and you will see tits and ass, school girl outfits, spankings, mud bowels etc. So her claiming she wants to bring "wrestling" back to that "attitude" standard is a stupid comment.

WWE has pretty much been alternating using it for T and A and apathy for years with their divas. i would say its apathy at the moment atm.

Was a stupid comment, but for all we know it was a comment in a 5-10 minute interview that was edited.

For those saying Britani Knight doesn't deserve it, well I beg to differ. And i'm not doing that for personal gain, i've never worked with any of the Knights and don't know them on a personal basis. I've never been a fan of female wrestling and i've never hidden this, but last year a venue bought a show off me and the one thing they wanted was a womens match, and as I knew nothing about womens wrestling in this country, I took to youtube and to asking peoples opinion. And both in viewing youtube and getting peoples opinions, only three women really stood out, and that was Lisa Fury, Sweet Saraya and Britani Knight. People may disagree with me, but that was my opinion and the opinion of a lot of respected guys within the business. So at least WWE have actually hired somebody with talent, and at her age, a huge amount of potential.

And as for her wanting a plane with her name on, who doesn't? I know I do! And if I had a potential career with the WWE, that's exactly what i'd be thinking too. She's young and excited, let her enjoy it.

Also, a mate of mine who loves wrestling along with her two sons, text me this last night "Check out channel 4 its about a family of wrestlers promoting their business lol their daughter got signed on the spot with WWE and had a contract within a week, she's a pretty awesome wrestler, cant wait to see her in WWE lol" So I know there's certainly some casual fans looking forward to seeing Britani in the ring.

For those saying Britani Knight doesn't deserve it, well I beg to differ. And i'm not doing that for personal gain, i've never worked with any of the Knights and don't know them on a personal basis. I've never been a fan of female wrestling and i've never hidden this, but last year a venue bought a show off me and the one thing they wanted was a womens match, and as I knew nothing about womens wrestling in this country, I took to youtube and to asking peoples opinion. And both in viewing youtube and getting peoples opinions, only three women really stood out, and that was Lisa Fury, Sweet Saraya and Britani Knight. People may disagree with me, but that was my opinion and the opinion of a lot of respected guys within the business. So at least WWE have actually hired somebody with talent, and at her age, a huge amount of potential.

And as for her wanting a plane with her name on, who doesn't? I know I do! And if I had a potential career with the WWE, that's exactly what i'd be thinking too. She's young and excited, let her enjoy it.

Also, a mate of mine who loves wrestling along with her two sons, text me this last night "Check out channel 4 its about a family of wrestlers promoting their business lol their daughter got signed on the spot with WWE and had a contract within a week, she's a pretty awesome wrestler, cant wait to see her in WWE lol" So I know there's certainly some casual fans looking forward to seeing Britani in the ring.

I didn't say she wasn't deserving. I wish her all the best. There are other people from the indy scene I would have picked first though.

• Moderators
I thought the girl was arrogant and annoying. Banging on about wanting a plane with her name on it etc.

Banging on about it? What you mean in that one scene where she half-jokingly did that hypothetical thing that everyone ever has done where they say what they would spend their millions on if they were rich and famous? Like, right after she's just been offered the job of a lifetime and she's getting a little carried away with excitement?

Yeah. You're an idiot. And going from your comments before the show you were watching this just wanting them to look bad and were just waiting to pick up on anything you could, so it's no surprise this is the interpretation you're coming away with.

Archived