The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ufc/article-4135542/amp/UFC-Fight-Night-London-Manuwa-fight-Corey-Anderson.html?client=safari

10 fights officially announced now, no mention of the main event, hoping it gets announced for the tickets go on sale

Says on this article that the main event hasnt been announced

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/ufc/579916/UFC-London-Jimi-Manuwa-Corey-Anderson-Brad-Pickett-UFC-News/amp?client=safari

• Paid Members

Looking at it, i can see the main card being already there and it ain't bad, not going to please anyone expecting to see some big name UFC veterans but it's a solid UK heavy main card, Manuwa/Anderson is a very passable co-main event for a Fight Night.

Manua/Anderson

Pickett/Brioness

Duffy/Madadi

Omielanczuki/Johnson

that looks like it could be the main card.

• Paid Members

A headliner is desperately needed. Aren't the tickets on sale today as well? 

The UFC's european twitter account pissed a lot of fans off this morning actually. Last night they posted "Set your alarms, we're announcing some UFC London bouts tomorrow morning" with fans logically thinking a main event was on the way. Then when they delivered the news all that was posted were already known fights that Egg listed above.

The UFC are in dangerous territory of slipping towards a potential slump if they continue this way. They wen't through a stage delivering shit cards (especially over here) and the tickets sales bombed badly. The UFC name isn't enough to sell out a big arena like o2 over here.

If the card remains as is, I truly expect a lot of weigh in ticket handouts. 

The UFC's european twitter account pissed a lot of fans off this morning actually. Last night they posted "Set your alarms, we're announcing some UFC London bouts tomorrow morning" with fans logically thinking a main event was on the way. Then when they delivered the news all that was posted were already known fights that Egg listed above.

The UFC are in dangerous territory of slipping towards a potential slump if they continue this way. They wen't through a stage delivering shit cards (especially over here) and the tickets sales bombed badly. The UFC name isn't enough to sell out a big arena like o2 over here.

Next week mate

I honestly think the ufc name is big enough now to sell out arenas all over the country regardless of the card. Pretty sure bisping silva was announced after i had my ticket.

In two minds about tickets,moneys tight but i do want to go,hopefully they will announce the main event before the pre sales

• Paid Members

I honestly think the ufc name is big enough now to sell out arenas all over the country regardless of the card. Pretty sure bisping silva was announced after i had my ticket.

In two minds about tickets,moneys tight but i do want to go,hopefully they will announce the main event before the pre sales

Bisping was a pre-announced headliner before tickets went on sale as i remember Bisping going on about the event selling out in 27 minutes.

What I can't remember though is whether the switch from Mousasi to Silva happened before the sale date. I think the switch to Silva came after the sellout.

However, the point is Bisping has always been a big draw over here and sell out was expected with him, especially during this boom period. Before that the UFC struggled to sellout the MEN arena and were giving away tickets with an event headlined by Machida vs Mark Munoz. 

I'm not saying the event definitely won't sell out, but it's hard to see it happening with the current line up and reading the comments on twitter from fans.

Bisping was a pre-announced headliner before tickets went on sale as i remember Bisping going on about the event selling out in 27 minutes.

What I can't remember though is whether the switch from Mousasi to Silva happened before the sale date. I think the switch to Silva came after the sellout.

However, the point is Bisping has always been a big draw over here and sell out was expected with him, especially during this boom period. Before that the UFC struggled to sellout the MEN arena and were giving away tickets with an event headlined by Machida vs Mark Munoz.

I'm not saying the event definitely won't sell out, but it's hard to see it happening with the current line up and reading the comments on twitter from fans.

That was the Glasgow card he headlined and he was saying it in comparison with Conor McGregor and the Dublin card, he was joking I think.

• Paid Members

I'm sure they announced they'd switched to Bisping vs Anderson on Christmas Eve or something. I think the show had already sold out though. Because I remember someone (I'm thinking Luke Thomas but could've been Helwani or someone else) saying the UFC didn't need to do that as the show was already sold, so it was basically a Christmas present from the UFC to the UK.

Mousasi/Weidman confirmed for UFC 210. That should have been the UK headliner.

Would have been a good solid headliner. Wonder who were gonna get. Bisping isn't available is he?sure i read that he is doing some movie around march time

210 is in Buffalo New York, every chance Weidman goes 0-2 in New York after trying so hard to getting it sanctioned in his home state.

I'm guessing Cormier Vs Rumble headlines.

Joanna Champion could headline London, pity they matched up Andrade as she's probably her only fresh opponent on a run.

Brett Rogers is in jail for sexual misconduct against 3 males, 2 were before he got locked up and the other was his cell mate.

The size of him he's probably like a Purple Aki or Adabesi from Oz type. He's already did time for domestic abuse of his former partner (a women)

I didn't think he was championship material but with a good camp and strong discipline he could have been a top 10 fighter a lot longer than he was.

Archived