throw away comments and one liners that have got your attention.

Charles goodwill

I was thinking of a comment Taker made during his Badass phase, fairly sure it was during the whole DDP stalking angle. Anyway Taker was doing a promo and came out with this cracker

"I may not dress like it anymore but that don't me I don't still dance with the devil"

For some reason this really stood out for me, maybe it was the casual way in which he delivered it or because it was a nod towards his older character, either way it worked.

So has anyone else got any one liners or comments that have been used which have made you take notice?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The first thing that came to my mind when I read the thread title was Taker's response to the 'What' chants.

'Say what if you sleep with your own sister'.

The best thing about it was the few who still said 'What'.

• Paid Members

I was thinking about a line by John Cena from that Summerslam contract signing with CM Punk last year where he is talking about comparisons between him and Hulk Hogan and how he became hated for a while, too.

"Maybe I just took the hand away from my ear and put it in front of my face."

It means nothing out of context but I thought it was brilliant.

• Paid Members

Survivor Series '08 I think it was when all of Triple H's team started having a go at him before the match because all the bad things he did to them in the past:

"My bad."

One really great one I remember from years ago, when Cena was first champ, and was becoming completely dominant, and HHH came back from a long layoff.

They bump into each other backstage, and in passing HHH points at the belt and says "When I want it, I'll take it" or something similar. It was a great foreshadowing of their eventual WM confrontation about 18 months later.

I watched a Santino web show with William Regal and in it Regal goes 'I should quit now and join my sister in the circus, circumsizing the elephants. It pays peanuts but the tips are enormous.'

'I'm from Winnipeg you idiot'

Archived