throw away comments and one liners that have got your attention.

Charles goodwill

Does anyone remember Backlash 2006 where there was a backstage make-out session with Vince and Candice Michelle? Awful, awful hammy acting and all the better for it to be fair, but then it cuts back to the arena and JR who was doing commentary said as deadpan as fuck 'What the hell was that?'. That's another reason to miss JR right there, even if Michael Cole was in babyface mode he still would have given one of horribly false chuckles.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Bobby Heenan from the gimmick battle royal at WM17, during Iron Sheik's entrance..

'By the time the Iron Sheik gets to the ring it'll be Wrestlemania 38'.

Come to think of it, there were some cracking lines from Okerlund and Heenan throughout the match.

Loads stand out from Punk from the last year. One he said in the run-up to Mania this year was a line he said to Jericho:

'While I've been here swimming with sharks, you've been out there dancing with stars'.

What was even better was they cut that line in the WM promo for the match, and the bit 'shark' bit was cut over the top of a scene of Punk banging the title on the side of the Elimination Chamber, so it was like it was a shark cage.

In the run up to their match at Vengeance last year, Punk said to Trips at the contract signing something like 'Don't fine me, don't suspend me, after I kick your ass.' The way it sounded like he was demanding it was cool.

I think it was Kurt Angle who used this line once on Smackdown..

'Undertaker...if that is your real name..' :laugh:

And of course, Christian and Tomko from Royal Rumble a few years back..

Christian: Tomko, gimme a beat!

Tomko: No.

• Paid Members

Angle had some good ones:

"I'm gonna make him tap like Superman with Parkinson's."

(On being in Montreal): "What sucks is having to wrestle in front of a bunch of Canadians who wish they were French."

And there was that one where he ripped off Happy Gilmore when he took the piss out of Big Show for "eating pieces of crap for breakfast".

• Paid Members
Angle had some good ones:

"Justin, did you ever realise if you say your last name directly after your first it sounds like you're saying "just incredible?"

Don't remember it exactly but it was something very similar to that.

Kurt angle is great

Does anyone remember Backlash 2006 where there was a backstage make-out session with Vince and Candice Michelle? Awful, awful hammy acting and all the better for it to be fair, but then it cuts back to the arena and JR who was doing commentary said as deadpan as fuck 'What the hell was that?'. That's another reason to miss JR right there, even if Michael Cole was in babyface mode he still would have given one of horribly false chuckles.

Michael Cole does do that though. When JR used to shit on a segment, it was like your grandad complaining that his soups cold. When Cole shits on a segment, it's usually pretty funny. See the Piper/Lauper segment or any of NXT Season 3 for example.

Can't remember exactly when or where it was, but I remember a heel HHH coming out to the ring one time to do a promo I think, and the crowd were chanting "asshole" at him. His first line was something like "one of these days, you people are gonna find out just how big an asshole I can be".

Thought that was a great spur of the moment line to come back with.

Michael Cole does do that though. When JR used to shit on a segment, it was like your grandad complaining that his soups cold. When Cole shits on a segment, it's usually pretty funny. See the Piper/Lauper segment or any of NXT Season 3 for example.

True, totally agree. I think there is a little difference though because JR was an outright babyface whereas Cole (as he Mcmahon dictating to him through his earpiece) so when JR crapped on something the casual viewer could 'Yeah!' wheras kinda confusing for the casual when Cole does it. I like it as i like someone else to just say how it is, if it's shit it's shit. Last thing, would Cole ever have done/or do his smart-guy schtick during a Vince segment?

2 from Joey Styles spring to mind. 1 awesome 1 just twatish.

December to Dismember when Matt Striker wrestles in tights with a picture of his face on the back - "You have to wonder about a guy who wants to sit on his own face"

& One Night Stand - Tanaka v Awesome - "Suicide dive by Mike Awesome, its a shame he didn't succeed in taking his own life." I remember thinking at the time it was an over the top comment, I know it was to sell hatred of someone who didn't show respect to a company he was loyal to but still, and then when Awesome did kill himself it was the first thing that came into my head when I read the news.

Another couple from Kurt Angle around 2002:

To Mark Henry- 'You're the world's strongest man, but is that weightlifting or body odour?'

After losing to Rey Mysterio-' I got beat by a freakin 12 year old'

I think it was Kurt Angle who used this line once on Smackdown..

'Undertaker...if that is your real name..' :laugh:

And of course, Christian and Tomko from Royal Rumble a few years back..

Christian: Tomko, gimme a beat!

Tomko: No.

Those were both great, Angle in his first couple of years as the dangerous dork was superb. I have always loved Angle's act, whatever character traits he displayed.

Archived