throw away comments and one liners that have got your attention.

Charles goodwill

Not directly from a wrestler. But some 80s WWF game advert had a funny line from some man dressed as Hogan. Its one of those cheesy adverts from the 80s where the host feels the need to explain all the features speaking super fast. Right at the end the man dressed as Hogam says 'I inject steriods into my balls brother!' I was shocked Nintendo and WWF allowex it to air lol.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One of favourites was this one time on Impact when Mike Tenay was interviewing Disco Inferno (who hadn't been on TV for a few years at that point) about Disco making a triumphant return to wrestling. It was just a random segment done to promote The Comebacks movie that came out that year. It all ended with Disco being squashed by Abyss later that night. So, as Disco is doing this serious promo about making a comeback to wrestling and all that, Scott Steiner casually walks onto the set, says "Give it up" and walks away. I still crack up when I think of this moment.

Do you have a link to that?

Sadly, I don't. It was on the October 18th 2007 edition of Impact, if that helps.

During the glorious NXT S3, on one episode with a main event featuring Kelly, another diva and their respective rookies, as they're making their entrances, Cole goes: 'a main event in any arena.'

Too many from the other glory period for humour in wrestling in the 00s, the Paparazzi Productions stuff. It's a pogo contest and someone disses Alex Shelley about his STIs, when Shelley retorts, 'and wouldn't it be an inspirational story if someone with chlamydia won.' There are countless others from those videos but that one comes to mind.

During the glorious NXT S3, on one episode with a main event featuring Kelly, another diva and their respective rookies, as they're making their entrances, Cole goes: 'a main event in any arena.'

Too many from the other glory period for humour in wrestling in the 00s, the Paparazzi Productions stuff. It's a pogo contest and someone disses Alex Shelley about his STIs, when Shelley retorts, 'and wouldn't it be an inspirational story if someone with chlamydia won.' There are countless others from those videos but that one comes to mind.

Both good shouts, Cole shouting 'Spear! Spear! Spear!' and 'Vintage Maxine!' during that match were fucking classic.

The paparazzi productions bit was brilliant. Alex Shelley asking Nash to give him a beat and then Shelley singing Push it by Salt'n'Peppa whilst doing push ups was comedy gold.

• Paid Members
Another couple from Kurt Angle around 2002:

To Mark Henry- 'You're the world's strongest man, but is that weightlifting or body odour?'

After losing to Rey Mysterio-' I got beat by a freakin 12 year old'

Another one to Rey - "You must be *this* tall to speak to Kurt Angle."

Alex Shelley's 'it stings when I stop' whilst taking a leak gave me a chuckle.

• Paid Members

Terry Funk before his empty arena showdown with Lawler.

He calls Lawler a "son of a bitch" and Lance Russell jumps right on him not to swear as they want to broadcast the footage.

Funk turns to Russell, stares him down and says "let me tell you a son of a bitchin' thing".

I've always loved that.

Archived