throw away comments and one liners that have got your attention.

Charles goodwill

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What? He says 'proverbial', not preferable. Preferable wouldn't make any sense at all. It's a common phrase as well, must have been said hundreds of times in pro wrestling.

My mistake. I have no idea why I put 'preferable' instead of 'proverbial'.

I know it's quite the common phrase. That was the first time I ever heard it used in wrestling though.

• Paid Members

What? He says 'proverbial', not preferable. Preferable wouldn't make any sense at all. It's a common phrase as well, must have been said hundreds of times in pro wrestling.

Would have made a bit more sense if it was Zack Gowan

• Paid Members

Would have made a bit more sense if it was Zack Gowan

Well no, it made perfect sense because the storyline was that Billy had an ankle injury after having it smashed by Big Dave (who collected Triple H's $100,000 bounty for doing so).

• Paid Members
Maybe this has been posted here before, but I was trying to find out what happened to American Balloon - found this very interesting story.

Wrong thread. All the same, I was hoping this would be a story about those cool blimps / balloons which used to float in the arenas during the mid 90's :(

Bollocks, wasn't reading the thread title closely enough.

• Moderators

Unfortunately his project ended.

Just an update...

I basically lost all my money running the project, hoping that the project would get donations, but because it wasn't registered as an American non-profit, there was no internet system available for taking donations. (No paypal, no google checkout, basically nothing.) With that and lack of interest and publicity, the project has unfortunately ended.

I am still in Mongolia, working as an elementary school teacher, and have adopted an awesome 13 year old. I'm trying to raise him to break out of poverty and hopefully be able to help more people than I was able to someday. Unfortunately, at this point, it doesn't look like he will be a pro wrestler any time soon...

Anyway, best wishes to all of you.

Balloon

Archived