Jericho suspended

SK8_WAR

• Paid Members
If Jericho was aware of it, absolutely. It seems no different though to JBL's goose stepping incident in Germany, which had no repercussions, even though it was widely discussed as being controversial, and I see the logic and reason in people being upset in that instance. It's just unfortunate for Jericho, unless all the talent were briefed that mocking Brazil is illegal, it sucks that he loses money for a simple cheap heat tactic, which has been used for decades in various areas.

You're right about the hypothetical repercussions, but Jericho apologised and the show went on, so it's a moot point really.

It isn't a moot point, because there was hell on about it. And my objection was to your "has the world gone mad" stuff. I've no doubt Jericho had no idea about it. But by the same token, stamping on a countries flag is not something you do on a house show in 2012. Its a piss poor attempt to gain a reaction and he got the very wrong reaction.

Whats up with these wrestlers anyway? You had CM Punk telling some kid to kill himself on twitter (as well as other homophobic slurs caught on camera), Finlay fucking up with the National Guard at ringside and now Jericho doing this with a countries flag. These wrestlers are their own worst enemies usually. The WWE must tear their hair out at some of the incidents. In the age where they are most accessible, through camera phones and twitter, you can almost guarantee these fuckers will get exposed for what they are. Some people just shouldn't be put in that spot. Its repeat offenses from a lot of the same people as well.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, wrestlers have to be careful with social media. That's where I draw the line on what's acceptable and what's not, because it's the wrestler's personal feelings and emotions, as opposed to house shows and TV where what they do is part of their character. Sometimes there's crossover with Twitter being used in storylines, but overall there's the separation. CM Punk was way out of line in what he said to the kid, being the babyface world champ on TV, and I find that much more offensive than what Finlay had Miz do, and what Jericho did. Jericho and Miz are heels, they're meant to piss people off.

Since what Jericho did was illegal, then obviously WWE's hand were forced in reacting to it. I personally think the particular law is ridiculous, but as you say it means bugger all what I think. When travelling to new places, people will just have to walk on eggshells in future until they figure out the laws and customs.

This thread is the most repetitive nonsensical argument I have seen on here in a long time. On one side you have logical folk who understand why this has happened and a bunch of narrow minded people on the other side unhappy about what hasd happened because they wouldnt be offended by it. It became pointless 5 pages ago. If you cant accept why Jericho was punished youre acting like a total div.

He's got off lightly by all accounts, it might be seem over the top to people outside of Brazil but that doesn't matter. When you're in their country you follow their laws. I know he's not very popular around here but I'd put Jericho in my list of favourites so it's sad to see what a total mess this return has been. His matches have still been to a pretty good standard but his character and his promos have been all over the place. This suspension sums his 2012 run up to be honest.

• Paid Members
Oh god, you're so rubbish. RUBBISH! Go away!

I just do not understand why there are people on here who are so willing to defend everything that the WWE does.

Chris Jericho has been let down by the WWE plain and simple.

Do you think Chris Jericho feels that way too?

• Paid Members
Does the forum allow reporting people for being divs?

I've reported him loads of times for being shit and Dingo Warrior. A mass reporting of the twat might get through.

• Paid Members
Oh god, you're so rubbish. RUBBISH! Go away!

I just do not understand why there are people on here who are so willing to defend everything that the WWE does.

Chris Jericho has been let down by the WWE plain and simple.

Oh fuck off, please. You are an alt, you are a wanker, and you are a troll. Now please, please, piss right off. You bring nothing to the table.

Archived