Jericho suspended

SK8_WAR

"Desecrating" the Brazilian flag is a crime. Those aren't.

I'm pretty sure the nazi stuff JBL did is illegal in Germany, but I could be wrong.

Actually, Finlay got sacked just for pissing off some soldiers.

It wasn't just that - they were soldiers from the National Guard, one of WWE's main sponsors. If they were pissed off, they could threaten to withdraw sponsorship and leave WWE's hands tied.

What's the story here? Not followed wrestling for a long time....what did Finlay do?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Local law enforcement stopped the bout and gave Jericho the opportunity to apologize to those in attendance or face incarceration. The former World Champion expressed his regret to the crowd and the WWE Live Event continued.

Does this sound like a work to anyone else?

"Desecrating" the Brazilian flag is a crime. Those aren't.

I'm pretty sure the nazi stuff JBL did is illegal in Germany, but I could be wrong.

It was, which Cleetus highlighted earlier when he said "If you're gonna break a countries law..." and then posted the pic of JBL goose stepping.

He authorised Miz's music to interrupt the national anthem at a house show.

Is that it??? FFS, these tribal simpletons never cease to amaze me with how much of a shit they give about something so utterly irrelevant.

Probably worth mentioning the crowd was filled with US military at that particular house show which is why the national anthem was being sung. What I never understood about that though was how it got to the stage of actually taking place without someone higher up than Finlay knowing about it.

Probably worth mentioning the crowd was filled with US military at that particular house show which is why the national anthem was being sung. What I never understood about that though was how it got to the stage of actually taking place without someone higher up than Finlay knowing about it.

Like who? Even if Vinnie Mac, HHH and Johnny Ace were there (which they often aren't at house shows), they wouldn't have had to be informed of that beforehand. The reports from house shows are sent by the producers (like Finlay) to the bosses after the show. Finlay was completely in charge of that match, and decided to do a fairly standard heel heat move. It was an oversight on his part.

• Paid Members

The fact WWE issued an apology to the government of Brazil says it isn't a work. If they wanted Jericho off TV, they'd have done something on TV to set up his comeback down the line. Not on a house show where nobody sees it. Stamping on the flag of anyones country is going to get you in hot water, though. It might sound inoffensive to us, but that's not on in some countries. Even when Shawn Michaels fucked the Canadian Flag, there was outrage in the papers and on that Off the Record show. They still bring it up now.

If the Brazillians take offense to that, I can't wait until Chael Sonnon gets over there to fight Anderson Silver!

The fact WWE issued an apology to the government of Brazil says it isn't a work. If they wanted Jericho of TV, they'd have done something on TV to set up his comeback down the line. Stamping on the flag of anyones country is going to get you in hot water, though. I might sound inoffensive to us, but that's not on in some countries. Even when Shawn Michaels fucked the Canadian Flag, there was outrage in the papers and on that Off the Record show. They still bring it up now.

If the Brazillians take offense to that, I can't wait until Chael Sonnon gets over there to fight Anderson Silver!

It's in vegas now sadly. :angry:

Thing's like this can happen when WWE go to these backward countries such as Brazil.

Your idiocy just rolls on, doesn't it?

You should see the thread on the Wrestling Observer forum, there's loads of blatant racism being spouted.

• Paid Members

Like who? Even if Vinnie Mac, HHH and Johnny Ace were there (which they often aren't at house shows), they wouldn't have had to be informed of that beforehand. The reports from house shows are sent by the producers (like Finlay) to the bosses after the show. Finlay was completely in charge of that match, and decided to do a fairly standard heel heat move. It was an oversight on his part.

I don't know how the house shows work, I assume Vince isn't there, but I didn't expect Finlay to be the most senior person there. While I understand that he was in charge of that match, surely by interupting the national anthem he's then getting involved in someone else's segment too? I just expected that while different people are responsible for different parts of the show, someone would still be overseeing it as a whole.

• Moderators
Finlay being fired was a mass overreaction on WWE's part.

Eric Bishoff's book was called Controversy Creates Cash, being controversial has always been part of the wrestling business.

And so has money from sponsorship and advertising over the past 25 years.

Suspending Jericho for a minor infraction is madness.

It's not a minor infraction if it courts terrible pub on a first tour there and possibly kills the area for them.

Archived