Jericho suspended

SK8_WAR

The way I see it is, if you class wrestling as a sport, then its wrong. If you class it as Entertainment, then thats no different to a TV show or a play doing the same thing. But in this case, I take it, it wasn't scripted by the WWE for Y2J to do that, so on his own head be it tbf.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
The way I see it is, if you class wrestling as a sport, then its wrong. If you class it as Entertainment, then thats no different to a TV show or a play doing the same thing. But in this case, I take it, it wasn't scripted by the WWE for Y2J to do that, so on his own head be it tbf.

It's not that simple though to be fair. Linda McMahon is running for senate and this'd not be a great story as far as she's concerned for her opponents to use, also WWE don't want be seen as "Tawdry" as Vince likes to say. Stunts like this make it look more than a touch tacky.

Dingo who ?

Oh, well now you've said that you're clearly not Drongo Warrior.

Jericho isn't the first big star to fall foul of Brazillian flag desecration.

Max Cavallera (A Brazillian) got arrested after a festival gig for trampling on a Brazil flag thrown on stage.

Max, why are you so quick to piss on the fine work done by the boys of the Brazilian police force?

Jase, message board

Cavalera:

• Paid Members
But wrestling is just that a show, now the whole idea of a show is to entertain, Chris Jericho is portraying a character and the actions in the ring reflect on the character that is being played.

Bollocks.

So what your saying is for example, if Jericho stabbed someone while in the ring under the Jericho character, then thats all fine because he's an entertainer playing a character? An extreme example but thats how your point reads.

Jericho broke the law of that country, Jericho should be reprimanded.

Fact and fiction have always had a habbit of being mixed up when it comes to wrestling but it does start to get stupid when people start to believe that the person playing a role is like that in real life.

Fact and fiction have always had a habit of being mixed up when it comes to wrestling.

Thank you.

But wrestling is just that a show, now the whole idea of a show is to entertain, Chris Jericho is portraying a character and the actions in the ring reflect on the character that is being played.

Bollocks.

So what your saying is for example, if Jericho stabbed someone while in the ring under the Jericho character, then thats all fine because he's an entertainer playing a character? An extreme example but thats how your point reads.

Thats nothing like what hes saying, clearly he doesnt think a wrestler murdering somebody is OK as long as they are in character.

Id be amazed if Jericho or anybody from the WWE were aware of the law and it was a spur of the moment thing. The suspensions seems to tie in nicely with Jerichos summer break to do the festivals though.

Fact and fiction have always had a habbit of being mixed up when it comes to wrestling but it does start to get stupid when people start to believe that the person playing a role is like that in real life.

Fact and fiction have always had a habit of being mixed up when it comes to wrestling.

Thank you.

Thy arrival, albeit a fleeting instance, forsooth ist but welcome here. Thou shouldst alight 'pon this bloom a little more, good sir Bee.

Bollocks.

That's a daft example. Jericho shouldn't have done it but wwe should also take some blame. For such a large company to be debuting in Brazil you'd think they might look into the do's and dont's and maybe brief the talent before sending them out to perform.

Jericho is in essence an actor, performing and he gets shit from the law. It's mental.

• Paid Members

Hence, why I said 'extreme example'. It was the first example I could think of and reading back, it was a silly thing to say.

I stand by my thoughts that Jericho broke the law so Jericho should be reprimanded. As has already been said a few times in this thread already, He deviated from the script (Which is the understanding at present) and did a stupid act which could have a big impact on future events in that area and/or country.

Hence, why I said 'extreme example'. It was the first example I could think of and reading back, it was a silly thing to say.

I stand by my thoughts that Jericho broke the law so Jericho should be reprimanded. As has already been said a few times in this thread already, He deviated from the script (Which is the understanding at present) and did a stupid act which could have a big impact on future events in that area and/or country.

I think this is key, its obviously a new territory that WWE would like to get their business over in and for this to happen on one of the first shows there would get up a few peoples noses. Seeing the WWE back the Brazilian law and people by suspending Jericho should remove any problem it caused, as I said it also suits both parties with Jericho expected to be off for the summer anyway and he probably agreed to it.

Archived