Marijuana - Should It Be Legal?

David

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
His posting style is VERY similar to Duane, to be fair. Just as Golden Eagle is VERY similar to a certain previous mong.

Difference is that Golden Eagle's IP matches no-one. Freeman is not Duane. He's someone else.

His posting style is VERY similar to Duane, to be fair. Just as Golden Eagle is VERY similar to a certain previous mong.

Difference is that Golden Eagle's IP matches no-one. Freeman is not Duane. He's someone else.

I presume you're assuming he's too dim to know about IP masking? Probably a good shout. But still...

• Paid Members
Was that not clear from the original post?

Or am I having some piss taking flying over my head here?

Would you prefer to be hit in the face with it?

• Paid Members

I presume you're assuming he's too dim to know about IP masking? Probably a good shout. But still...

You'd be surprised how many are.

The UK has a dreadful problem with weight. Most adults are not going to change their ways. It's an education thing, as is the alcohol issue.

An education thing? I'm willing to bet that there are practically zero adults out there who drink or eat too much that don't know the dangers. The information is readily available. The problem is that most of them simply don't give a fuck.

It'll take many generations for there to be much success in eradicating these issues I would imagine. As I said previously, not treating people simply because they can't be arsed to lose weight would simply be unworkable. I just can't imagine it happening

You maybe can't imagine it happening, but I'll tell you what, if ever there was a chance of something like that coming around it would be under this Government. If such a system was put into place they'd certainly be getting my vote in the future.

You maybe can't imagine it happening, but I'll tell you what, if ever there was a chance of something like that coming around it would be under this Government. If such a system was put into place they'd certainly be getting my vote in the future.

Thought you were looking at emigrating anyway? So it isn't like it would matter if such a system was put in place as it would have no bearing on you directly.

The UK has a dreadful problem with weight. Most adults are not going to change their ways. It's an education thing, as is the alcohol issue.

An education thing? I'm willing to bet that there are practically zero adults out there who drink or eat too much that don't know the dangers. The information is readily available. The problem is that most of them simply don't give a fuck.

I'm with "Biff" on this one. Education isn't just about having access to information, its how that information is taught to you.

Personally, my school ran a excellent Home Economics class. They did a really good job of teaching us about nutrition and different ways of cooking. I genuinely believe that it was a gateway to appreciating food myself and enjoying cooking as an adult.

The real knock on effect was on my parents... when they started to see what I wasn't eating in the fridge anymore and when I started cooking at home, they started changing their habits too. Our eating habits from when I was under 16 (chips, eggs, pies) to over 16 (stir frys, stews, salads) is night and day.

I'm willing to bet that there are practically zero adults out there who drink or eat too much that don't know the dangers. The information is readily available. The problem is that most of them simply don't give a fuck.

Yeah... you have way too much faith in people. Many people "know" but don't really know or understand the dangers of neglecting their health.

I mean do many of us, off the top of our heads, really know how many calories (roughly) a big mac has over a homemade burger? Do people REALLY know the long term risks of missing out on key nutrients? Do people know how much "too much" food is? Do people really understand the long term dangers of alcohol abuse? Do people know how much is "too much" alcohol? Etc etc etc.

I mean if you're a betting man as you say, I bet I could go out into the street and find considerably more than "practically zero" who genuinely don't understand the dangers of overeating and over drinking.

• Paid Members

The only valuable lessons we learned in H.E were "Never leave your bag unattended. It will get eggs put in it" and "If the teacher leaves the room, prepare to get "stabbed" repeatedly with a butter-knife."

If they tried to teach us how to make healthy food on top of that it would have been hell.

The only valuable lessons we learned in H.E were "Never leave your bag unattended. It will get eggs put in it" and "If the teacher leaves the room, prepare to get "stabbed" repeatedly with a butter-knife."

If they tried to teach us how to make healthy food on top of that it would have been hell.

I have to admit.... I was very fortunate. This fact is not lost on me.

• Paid Members

H.E. was blinding - taught me a lot about nutrition, which I ignore to this day, and gave me an easy A for my one-two punch of spaghetti carbonara, and bread and butter pudding. Also gave me a chance to rustle up some scran for IT, which was the next class.

Archived