Marijuana - Should It Be Legal?

David

Just like it says on the tin, should marijuana be legalised?

Personally, I've never tried the stuff. One thing I have noticed though is that the majority of people that I know of who champion it's legalisation are the lazy, good for nothing types who do next to fuck all except smoke and drink anyway.

I'd find it really difficult to agree with them on anything if I'm being honest, so I'd probably vote no if I were pressed for an answer.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Just like it says on the tin, should marijuana be legalised?

Personally, I've never tried the stuff. One thing I have noticed though is that the majority of people that I know of who champion it's legalisation are the lazy, good for nothing types who do next to fuck all except smoke and drink anyway.

I'd find it really difficult to agree with them on anything if I'm being honest, so I'd probably vote no if I were pressed for an answer.

1 - Didn't we have this thread a few months back, or just a big discussion in another thread?

2 - You said it all. I have no problem with weed being legal, I just think then that those cunts who never shut up about it, even down to suggesting that they'd vote for Ron Paul here because he thinks it shouldn't be a federal crime, should then never be allowed to smoke it again. So yeah, I'd vote no, for spite.

• Paid Members

I've been smoking weed for 20 years (since I was 11) and it's never hindered me in my personal or professional life in any way. I strongly think it should be legal. I'm well aware that there are people who it effects badly but I don't think that should stop responsible users from being able to enjoy it legally (like alcohol)

I'm not speaking about the OP here but I also strongly disagree with the fact that because drugs are illegal the people making the decisions about them are people who have never tried it, anyone with any experience with drugs knows that if you haven't tried them then you have no idea what you're talking about as it's unlike anything else.

In closing, I want to be able to do what I want because I'm not an idiot.

Every drug under the sun should be legal. Your body is really the only thing that you really own through your life. I don't personally smoke weed and haven't for around about three, four years. It was making me para and shit. I also have to agree with the statement on stoners being the most boring cunts in the world. "Wow, I'm having the famous munchies, har har!"

1 - Didn't we have this thread a few months back, or just a big discussion in another thread?

Yes

David even posted in it twice. He must not remember so I guess that confirms his stance on the issue.

• Moderators

I'm going to be massively hypocritical here and say that they should legalise the drugs I like and keep the ones I don't illegal. Weed comes under ones I don't. Add me to the "I find full time stoners fucking boring" club.

EDIT: Ballcocks, just noticed the other thread. Is it worth merging them?

• Paid Members
Add me to the "I find full time stoners fucking boring" club.

I have to agree. I don't care what people do or what they indulge in, as long as it's only effecting them each to their own. But it doesn't impress me to know you got 'totally mashed last night man'. I don't need to hear about it.

I've tried it a few times, wasn't that arsed with it to be honest and haven't bothered with it since I was about 17.

I never get why people who smoke weed want it legalised, its dirt cheap (from my knowledge) at the moment and would presumably be taxed heavily if it were legal like Alcohol and Cigarettes.

Plus youre wasting your life away, and all that.

• Paid Members
Add me to the "I find full time stoners fucking boring" club.

I have to agree. I don't care what people do or what they indulge in, as long as it's only effecting them each to their own. But it doesn't impress me to know you got 'totally mashed last night man'. I don't need to hear about it.

I've always hated people who do that, if something interesting happened then I'm willing to listen but the boast of I got so fucked is incredibly boring.

For me drugs are personal and about thinking and perceiving things in interesting and different ways, not a way to try and impress people.

I enjoy watching wrestling a lot more when I'm stoned for the record.

I don't really understand the "No, because stoners are boring" argument. Stoners are already stoners, they'd still be stoners when it's legalised, and people who don't like it probably still won't smoke it when it's legalised.

The only real difference would be that the market would be regulated, meaning the cannabinoid element could be breed to be much stronger (an ant-psychosis, largely breed out to appease the market for ever more thc, meaning weeds way more mentally damaging now than it ever was) people will stop getting glass and sand in their weed and the massive profits can be taxed instead of funneled into various levels of organised crime. (And independant growers, which to be fair there are lots of)

Plus we save money sending growers and dealers to prison.

There's no real doubt at all from anyone who actually understands the subject that the positives of legalisation would far outweigh any negatives, and yet still ya get muppets giving it "Nah, I don't like stoners," as a reasonable explanation for keeping it illegal, it's fucking retarded.

I don't smoke weed btw, makes me paranoid.

I never get why people who smoke weed want it legalised, its dirt cheap (from my knowledge) at the moment and would presumably be taxed heavily if it were legal like Alcohol and Cigarettes.

Plus youre wasting your life away, and all that.

That's a bit of a fallacy, it's not particularly cheap when you look growing costs vs cost on the street. (bout

Archived