Ryback

PSF

• Paid Members

The best thing from his WWE run was that period in the Elimination Chamber where he walked in and beat Shawn Michaels and Randy Orton clean. He looked like a killer. Better than the Human Wrecking Machine ZEUS even. Shame they turded up Goldberg's run, because there was a few things things that made you think he'd have been a giant star for them. When he beat Rodney Mack in the White Boy Challenge is a great moment. I remember watch Raw and marked the fuck out when he speared him through the fire works.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The best thing from his WWE run was that period in the Elimination Chamber where he walked in and beat Shawn Michaels and Randy Orton clean. He looked like a killer. Better than the Human Wrecking Machine ZEUS even. Shame they turded up Goldberg's run, because there was a few things things that made you think he'd have been a giant star for them. When he beat Rodney Mack in the White Boy Challenge is a great moment. I remember watch Raw and marked the fuck out when he speared him through the fire works.

The exact matches I was thinking about when I posted the above scenario, and basically two of the maybe four of five times they used him like that, tops. That Goldberg still had a SHITLOAD of steam left. I only ever once threw a Youtube-fat-cunt-wrestling-fan esque strop ever as a wrestling fan, and Summerslam 03 was it.

I can foresee two potential problems with the Ryback formular - either they get bored of the routine rather quickly because they know what they've going to see, i.e. exactly the same as last weeks show, and "great, I've got just enough time to get to the toilets and back in time for the next segment." Or, longtime fans might see through it as a forced and artifical attempt to replicate the Goldberg push which as I mentioned, I thought was relatively organic.

I reckon they're already doing ok, as people (at least people around here) seem to be reacting very positively to his squash matches, as opposed to when they tried it with, say, Snitsky or whoever.

We're simple people, wrestling fans, a lot of the time we just want to see a huge muscled bastard fucking up some poor hopeless sap. Obviously they can't do it for a year, but if they slowly steup up from jobbers to low-card superstars, we'll be happy.

• Paid Members

The exact matches I was thinking about when I posted the above scenario, and basically two of the maybe four of five times they used him like that, tops. That Goldberg still had a SHITLOAD of steam left. I only ever once threw a Youtube-fat-cunt-wrestling-fan esque strop ever as a wrestling fan, and Summerslam 03 was it.

Ditto. Your point a page back saying Goldberg fucking people up 'is what people want' is pretty much true. People didn't want Goldberg arseing about in long matches, they wanted him to batter folk in quick time (giving us one against the likes of The Rock is fine, as it's The Rock). The formula people wanted from Goldberg - and will pay for - isn't hard. WWE didn't have a clue, I remember JR even saying late in his WWE run that they got it completely wrong.

I think the success of Henry, late last year, has opened their eyes to the idea of dominant monsters again. Ryback certainly has the 'look' that makes you money in WWE.

• Paid Members

Nope. Both faces, and Ryback should be smashing fools for a while longer yet, even if it moves onto your Hawkinses, Slaters and JTGs instead of just locals. When he gets into a competitive feud it should be with a chickenshit heel who the crowd want to see get smashed. In fact, one that basis, I'd say Ryback/Cody is more likely, but not for a few months yet.

What does "The new Lesnar?" actually mean? Remember when morons were saying that "John Morrison is da new HbK~~." The fact is that Ryback has had four or so squash matches on Smackdown. They're taking it slowly to see what he's actually like. Lesnar came in and destroyed three or four superstars on his debut if I remember correctly. They're not going to move that quickly with Ryback because Lesnar had that intangible. Lesnar's a fucking mega superstar and you knew that as soon as you saw him. You can't say that about Ryback, can you?

• Paid Members
Im not sure if theres a chance of doing so but id have put him in a quick match at the ppv tonight to keep the momentum going and help people to start noticing the streak.

More people watch Smackdown than buy the PPVs, don't they? TV's where you get the most attention. But I agree, I'd like to see him on the PPV. He could squash Heath Slater or something.

I think Ryback looks like a killer. He moves well, and has great execution. I welcome a push for him, although it is worth remembering that he has been around for a long time. He first debuted in an early Tough Enough series (forgot which one), then obviously had decent exposure as Skip Sheffield. A big man like Ryback needs to be booked strongly, squash matches suit his gimmick. Although, that format will have a limited shelf life. Someone with the selling ability of Dolph Ziggler will make him look phenomenal, but as for the Lesnar comparison..... I don't see it myself. Brock is a different beast and achieved much more in a shorter time span.

• Paid Members
Remember when morons were saying that "John Morrison is da new HbK~~."

I hope they weren't. The sentiment makes them morons, saying "da" anything makes them cunts.

• Paid Members
Remember when morons were saying that "John Morrison is da new HbK~~."

I hope they weren't. The sentiment makes them morons, saying "da" anything makes them cunts.

Unless used in reference to "Da Man" Bill Goldberg. That's perfectly acceptable.

• Paid Members

I can't imagine Ryback will feature tonight but if he does, a way i could see him being used is having Epico and Primo come out and moan that they're not on the PPV or being taken seriously, with maybe some AW involvement and then Ryback arrives and terminates the fuckers.

• Paid Members

If they're going to make him the new Goldberg, have Heath Slater be his "Lightning Foot" Jerry Flynn - otherwise negligible undercarder who gets in surprisingly more offence than anyone else until inevitably falling. Several times. I want to see Slater destroyed several times.

What does "The new Lesnar?" actually mean? Remember when morons were saying that "John Morrison is da new HbK~~." The fact is that Ryback has had four or so squash matches on Smackdown. They're taking it slowly to see what he's actually like. Lesnar came in and destroyed three or four superstars on his debut if I remember correctly. They're not going to move that quickly with Ryback because Lesnar had that intangible. Lesnar's a fucking mega superstar and you knew that as soon as you saw him. You can't say that about Ryback, can you?

- it means they are trying to replicate parts of the elements that made Goldberg so successful. In this case, similar moveset, similar wrestling style, similar personality and the possible of a slow build undefeated streak which inevitably leads to major fueds / titles / and overall success.

- Chicken and the egg situation. Maybe Lesnar "had" the star quality your talking about because he destroyed four guys in one night? Maybe if Lesnar had a similar build to Ryback you would of felt the same about Lesnar a mere 3-4 weeks into its reign. It's too early to fairly compare the two frankly.

Archived