Ryback

PSF

I might be wrong but i think the days of an out and out smashing machine as they are trying to portray has become slightly dated. I think you have to have a bit more about you character wise in order for it not to be generic. I think the fans look at him at the moment and all it does is give them a chance to reminisce about The Goldbergs & the Lesnars of old which is why you keep hearing those chants of Goldberg everytime this guy comes out.

Goldberg had something about him, Lesnar had something about him. Ryback im sitting on the fence for the time being to see what else he brings to the table but as it stands right now im not 100% convinced.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I havnt watched Smackdown in ages, so this is a genuine question and not a knock on people who are claiming him to be "the new Lesnar/Goldberg"; What is making people think along those lines? Why are people getting the impression that Ryback is being groomed as the new Lesnar/Goldberg instead of the normal undefeated powerhouse type run WWE does on a regular basis for newcomers. Sheamus had a similar undefeated streak didnt he? Koslov was the same. Dont they do this kind of thing on a semi regular basis? What's different about Ryback?

I havnt watched Smackdown in ages, so this is a genuine question and not a knock on people who are claiming him to be "the new Lesnar/Goldberg"; What is making people think along those lines? Why are people getting the impression that Ryback is being groomed as the new Lesnar/Goldberg instead of the normal undefeated powerhouse type run WWE does on a regular basis for newcomers. Sheamus had a similar undefeated streak didnt he? Koslov was the same. Dont they do this kind of thing on a semi regular basis? What's different about Ryback?

Thats a very good point. I never looked at Koslov or Sheamus in that way. I guess ultimately their gimmicks (Russian MMA Fighter / Celtic Warrior) prevented that association from occuring.

For many I guess they just see that "X factor" that remind them of Goldberg. Bald head, white guy, gimmickless (in a way), bigger than life, destroys guys under a minute with power slams... it's just very Goldberg-y.

• Paid Members
I haven't heard a single Goldberg chant when he's come out ever.

if you watched the ppv last night was loads of them during his match

Haven't watched it yet, it's only 1:45pm and I have a job.

How the fuck you people watch them live I have no idea. I can only assume anyone who has seen it already is some kind of dole-scrounging toe rag.

• Paid Members
What is making people think along those lines?

Because he's got big neck muscles and his lariet and muscle buster are similar to the Spear/Jackhammer. I imagine anyway. Thing is, he's like down two strikes on the Wellness Policy. That was a big reason why they didnt want to push Chris Masters. Imagine if he suddenly gets very popular and he fails a piss test again, and they have to can him? I wonder if that will come into play down the road. Things never go swimmingly with undefeated monsters. Someones going to make him look like a goon eventually.

How the fuck you people watch them live I have no idea. I can only assume anyone who has seen it already is some kind of dole-scrounging toe rag.

I watched it this morning after taking the kids to school. No work for me my boss is on hoilday till tomorrow which i will be fucked for as ill be watching Raw live tonight

• Paid Members

I watched Extreme Rules live and then got up at 7:15am for work this morning because I am a man.

Ryback was great last night, really digging his intensity and I love the idea of outspoken jobbers getting a good kicking every week.

It's not that hard! Watch it, sleep, get up, go to work.

That bloody Terminator entrance is cheesy. His singlets aren't much better.

I hope he does well. I really thought he was going to break out and be big in Nexus.

I don't like the singlet with bicep bands either - brings back memories of 2006 Vito

• Paid Members

It's not that hard! Watch it, sleep, get up, go to work.

I suppose to me the idea of doing a whole days work on 2-3 hours of sleep after a weekend is absolutely mental.

Archived