UFC on FOX 3: 'Diaz vs Miller' Thread

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Apologies for another MMA thread. I thought we already had a thread for this but it appears not. And it's only a couple of weeks away now, fast approaching.

Is this confirmed for ESPN for us yet?

ufc-on-fox-3-poster.jpg

FOX MAIN CARD (ufc.tv live or ESPN on 24 hour delay)

Nate Diaz vs Jim Miller

Josh Koscheck vs Johny Hendricks

Alan Belcher vs Rousimar Palhares

Pat Barry vs Lavar Johnson

FUEL TV PRELIMS (ufc.tv)

Tony Ferguson vs Michael Johnson

John Dodson vs Tim Elliot

John Hathaway vs Pascal Krauss

Louis Gaudinot vs John Lineker

Danny Castillo vs John Cholish

Dennis Bermudez vs Pablo Garza

PRELIMS

Nick Denis vs Roland Delorme

Mike Massenzio vs Karlos Vemola

It's kind of flown under the radar a bit but it's the next UFC show and just around the corner so makes sense to get some discussion going.

Diaz vs Miller

This is a 5 rounder I think.

Could be a barnburner. I don't see either guy getting finished in this one so we're probably in for a 5 round war. They match up well, both good in all areas. Miller's got some underrated striking but I'd favour Nate in the stand up, his long reach could be the difference but I think he's got better hands aswell. The ground is hard to call. Nate's known for his BJJ and he's really dangerous off his back but Miller's got some slick BJJ himself. He's got a lot of submissions on his record and his kneebar finish over Charles Oliveira proves he can hang with and even tap the best submission artists on any given day.

Fuck knows with this. It's a tough call. I'm leaning towards a close points win for Diaz but it's one of them fights where I might change my mind 2 or 3 times before the fight.

Koscheck vs Hendricks

Nice little backstory with Hendricks getting a 12 second KO over Koscheck's bestest mate Fitch in his last fight. I'm not too sure if Koscheck's change of camp is a good thing but we'll see. Another tough one to predict. Hendricks has got a rock for a left hand and Kos doesn't have the best chin. But Kos is bigger and probably stronger and in a fight between two wrestlers that can count for a lot.

Palhares vs Belcher

This could be a lot of fun. Two totally different styles. Grappler vs striker. Palhares is a beast and I've been expecting big things from him since his UFC debut against Ivan Salaverry. It hasn't really worked out and he's been a bit hot and cold but he's finally putting together a little run and his last 3 fights he's looked like a killer. His fight last year with Dan Miller was one of the best fights of the year for me. Underrated fight.

Belcher's got some great Muay Thai and he's got some good submission skills aswell. If he can keep it standing he should win this fight. But Palhares can lock on a leg lock from pretty much any position, he doesn't necessarily have to take you down to rip your leg off. Fascinating fight.

Pat Barry vs Lavar Johnson

Perfect opener for the main card. Can't go wrong with that one. Again, yet another hard call. It really does come down to who lands a bomb first. For overall striking technique I think Barry holds the advantage but for raw punching power I've gotta go with Lavar.

This is a seriously exciting looking card. None of the main card fights have an obvious winner to me. Joe Silva did a top job on the matchmaking for this. Don't wanna jinx it but Diaz vs Miller has all the makings of a FOTY type fight if they both bring their A games. That and Palhares/Belcher are the two most interesting for me. I'm not sure how them will play out.

You know what you're getting with Barry vs Lavar. That's going to end with a bang one way or the other.

This post's gone on longer than I planned so I'll leave the prelims for now. I'll just say I'm looking forward to seeing Nick Denis again after his quick elbow KO in his last fight. And Hathaway vs Krauss could be good.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On paper, this is the best looking UFC on Fox card yet. Diaz vs. Miller should deliver like Lightweight fights usually do, I like Miller and I think he will win. Hoping Hendricks does to Koscheck what he did to Fitch. Can't stand Koscheck. Koscheck lost that fight against Pierce at UFC 143. Belcher/Palhares and Barry/Johnson should be good as well.

As for the poll. Miller by decision, Hendricks by KO and Palhares by sub.

Pretty unanimous about the palhares submission!!! Man, the spring kicks off this MMA season full force. We've been injury free too for the last couple of events. Lets hope that trend continous.

This is another stacked card waiting to deliver. I've been down on MMA because the drugs dominated the news, but i'm looking forward to the next couple of months.

• Paid Members

Miller-Diaz could be a classic, two tough as nail 155'ers who never stop attacking. They have different kinds of styles but they are both aggressive i think it's gonna be awesome, i favour Miller over 5 rounds for some reason i think it'll go the distance.

Everyone loves Palhares these days, the guys so f'n destructive but im quite fancying Belcher. Palhares has shown that if he doens't get people out of there early he can fade down the stretch. If Belcher can get out of the opener i fancy him to pick his way to victory. Belcher decision.

Koscheck/Hendricks, could play out a lot similar to Koscheck/Pierce. Wrestling-wise they may cancel each other out so i see it playing out on the feet, Hendricks has gotta fancy his chances of landing a bomb on Kos so he's gotta come out confident, the AKA-factor makes it even more interesting, i'd love to see the Baconator do a double over them. Hendricks via decision, possibly a TKO. Kosheck is always the 'badguy' but he really pissed me off before the Pierce fight, acting all disinterested and like he was too good for it all, fuck him.

Lavar/Barry, who know?! Barry is clearly the better striker, but Johnson is fearless and p4p could be the hardest puncher in MMA. If Johnson lands it's over, Barry's gotta hit and move and try and chop the big man down. I'll take Barry by late TKO, possibly leg kick city.

• Paid Members
Everyone loves Palhares these days, the guys so f'n destructive but im quite fancying Belcher. Palhares has shown that if he doens't get people out of there early he can fade down the stretch. If Belcher can get out of the opener i fancy him to pick his way to victory. Belcher decision.

Yeah this is my thinking. I love Palhares but I've always thought Belcher was a bit underrated. If this stays standing then Belcher has a huge advantage. Palhares' stand up looks improved but Belcher's a seasoned striker and he's got a lot of power in his punches and kicks. I fancy Belcher to catch him standing and get the finish but it's one of them that could end on a slight mistake either way.

I went with Diaz by decision (although I'm pretty much 50/50 with that one), Kos by decision and Belcher by TKO.

I hope I'm wrong with Kos/Hendricks though.

I have a horrible feeling as a Diaz fan that Miller can outgrapple him and win on points like Joe Stevenson did back in the day. Nate does not have the strength to be able to keep Miller at bay I fear. I think Diaz should have his way standing though.

Palhares is becoming a favorite of mine, but I can see why some may pick Belcher. Belcher may be able to use his reach to pick off Palhares, if he aviods the ground game like the plauge he may pull of a upset.

Kos and Hendricks could go either way, I would not like to say who is the better wrestler and Kos is weird with his stand up, sometimes he looks good (Yoshida, Sanchez) and other times he gets caught whilst looking good (Thiago) and other times he gets outclassed (GSP and Alves) I would not be shocked if Hendricks knocks him out cold or Koscheck out boxes him. Hard fight to pick.

• Paid Members

I have a horrible feeling Diaz/Miller won't be the exciting fight we're hoping for. I just hope Diaz gets battered though.

I've kind of developed a bit of a crush on Koscheck and his dickish ways. Kos always seems a bit concerned with THAT eye GSP jabbed for five rounds, and I can see Hendricks focusing on that. If Kos can't get the takedown he's in trouble.

• Paid Members

At this moment there is still nothing on the ESPN planner except a repeat of TUF. God I hate this deal with ESPN, it just comes across completely amateurish all these last minute changes.

At this moment there is still nothing on the ESPN planner except a repeat of TUF. God I hate this deal with ESPN, it just comes across completely amateurish all these last minute changes.

It's a strange one really as none of these FOX shows were around when the original contract was signed. UFC now ask ESPN for more cash for the rights to the extra shows, if ESPN don't feel it is worth it then that's up to them. I imagine we quite often get these last minute changes because once UFC fails to find a channel willing to pay the price they want they drop the price and ESPN get the shows (or they just give them for free). I expect the UFC are always hoping a Channel 5 or someone will come in and pay to show one of the FOX shows.

• Paid Members

It's a strange one really as none of these FOX shows were around when the original contract was signed. UFC now ask ESPN for more cash for the rights to the extra shows, if ESPN don't feel it is worth it then that's up to them. I imagine we quite often get these last minute changes because once UFC fails to find a channel willing to pay the price they want they drop the price and ESPN get the shows (or they just give them for free). I expect the UFC are always hoping a Channel 5 or someone will come in and pay to show one of the FOX shows.

I don't mean amateurish from ESPN's behalf. How long has this event been in the pipeline now? Well, we are a few days before the event is due to commence and we still have no idea where we can watch it. If it's as you say and they shop it around, it's still extremely amateurish tactics to wait till a day or two before the event.

I don't mean amateurish from ESPN's behalf. How long has this event been in the pipeline now? Well, we are a few days before the event is due to commence and we still have no idea where we can watch it. If it's as you say and they shop it around, it's still extremely amateurish tactics to wait till a day or two before the event.

I really hope the ufc signs up with sky sports come august it would be massive for the ufc and would make them 100 times bigger in the uk!

Archived