UFC on FOX 3: 'Diaz vs Miller' Thread

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I can see where you are coming from.

My dear old Mother came to ask me a question today in my room this afternoon, my Laptop was on and my desktop is a picture of the Diaz brothers, she asked me "who are those 2 thugs" My Dad also thought Nick talking to Condit was "silly" and found it baffling I was cheering for him and disrupting his Sunday dinner sticking up for a "loud mouth thug"

My parents know dick about MMA, they only see little bits when I watch it. Not a good first impression I will admit.

In the Diaz brothers defence, they do not actually break any laws, unless you count Nick's positve drug test. They do live up to a sterotype though, their apperance alone would suggest they are your typical Calafornia Street Thugs.

Still Love them though.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In the Diaz brothers defence, they do not actually break any laws, unless you count Nick's positve drug test. They do live up to a sterotype though, their apperance alone would suggest they are your typical Calafornia Street Thugs.

Still Love them though.

They really don't when I think Cali street thuigs I think of.

250px-Straight-outta-compton-nwa-movie.jpg

The Diaz bros look more like a pair of chimps walking upright.

I have to agree that I don't really mind both Diaz brothers as fighters, just when they lose and whine like children. At least Nate was fairly cheerful and gracious after the fight rather than disrespecting Miller.

Yeah, that'll be because he won. If he'd lost it would have been a different story no doubt.

Still Love them though.

If you were to imigine two stereotypical Mexican-American street thugs in California. I think the Diaz's would suit. They really are a walking sterotype in how they look, walk and talk, even if they do not completly reflect it with other aspects of their personality.

• Paid Members
I have to agree that I don't really mind both Diaz brothers as fighters, just when they lose and whine like children. At least Nate was fairly cheerful and gracious after the fight rather than disrespecting Miller.

Yeah, that'll be because he won. If he'd lost it would have been a different story no doubt.

Oh yeah, its always a different story if they lose. They dont take it well.

Still Love them though.

If you were to imigine two stereotypical Mexican-American street thugs in California. I think the Diaz's would suit. They really are a walking sterotype in how they look, walk and talk, even if they do not completly reflect it with other aspects of their personality.

Mexican thugs look like this.

blind%20cholos.jpg

The Diaz Brothers look like scrawny cro-magnons.

• Paid Members

Still Love them though.

I think with this post there is no better time to post this superb video from a while back..

• Paid Members

The numbers is disappointing, but im pretty sure Dana will say its all part of the growth period, the show did lack big names, and you have to remember the Mayweather fight was on so that's bound to have hit the numbers. The poositive thing is that the 2+ million people that tuned in saw a great show and you can gurantee that those viewers will be tuning in next time.Quick question about viewing figures, they stick sporting figures next to popular tv shows like CSI, but surely MMA and sports in general are viewed but large groups of people together as opposed to couples that generally watch TV shows, especially at peak times on a Saturday night. How exactly do they measure these things?

It makes you wonder what he was thinking headlining a FOX show with Miller vs Diaz. That's a good fight for those who know both of those guys, but you're pulling in no extra eyeballs with those names.I'd have made a push for Tito Ortiz and Forrest Griffin for the FOX card personally. It's two names that most casuals will recognise, and it has the added factor of being Ortiz last fight with the company.Just think as well, the numbers probably aren't going to be too much better in their next FOX show, which is headlined by Brian Stann and Hector Lombard :/

On the flipside they do have Machida on that card. Sadly, they will build all promotion around Stann and his Military past, wheather that will draw that remains to be seen, I will hazard a guess of no.

Ortiz vs Griffin would make perfect sense for a Fox show, it will not draw any big numbers at this stage (their last fight drew poorly) but it would get some viewers to tune into Fox.

They could do Griffin vs Bonnar 3 later in the year on Fox, that would make sense. This is where Boxing, UFC and WWE and most other sports are similiar, its all about stars. The actually quality of the fights are important, but the name value matters more. The card on Saturday was exceptional, 4 great fights, but no big names to draw in the casual audience.

The UFC should have learnt from Elite XC, they drew big with Kimbo and then flopped when they put Scott Smith vs Robbie Lawler on the next show. The UFC can find a happy medium, they can put names to draw the casul audience like Ortiz, Griffin and Rampage without the backlash of it being a bit of a farce like the Kimbo show was, they can claim these guys are/were legit legends and near or thereabouts near the best in the world.

Its all about creating a buzz,UFC on Fox 3 was not featured on the frontpage of Yahoo. Even I did not read many opinions on it and my Facebook was very quiet about it as well. In contrast, with JDS vs Cain and Diaz vs Condit people were talking everywhere and both drew very well. Same with FOX 2 you could not move for hearing stuff about Sonnen.

Will Stann get this buzz? Time will tell.

It makes you wonder what he was thinking headlining a FOX show with Miller vs Diaz. That's a good fight for those who know both of those guys, but you're pulling in no extra eyeballs with those names.I'd have made a push for Tito Ortiz and Forrest Griffin for the FOX card personally. It's two names that most casuals will recognise, and it has the added factor of being Ortiz last fight with the company.Just think as well, the numbers probably aren't going to be too much better in their next FOX show, which is headlined by Brian Stann and Hector Lombard

Totally agree!I think he wanted to prove that the UFC could draw on the brand name alone. However, as has been proved in the past, it's stars that the general public want to see, not good fights. Good fights will appease the hardcore fans but for this deal with FOX to work, Dana knows that he has to draw the casual fans. To do that you need fights that the (general) public will want to see. And Diaz Vs Miller isn't what the general public want to see!This rating was worse than anything Elite or SF drew.

Archived