UFC on FOX 3: 'Diaz vs Miller' Thread

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This probably won't work, but on the off chance it does and anyone is interested, I've just this second backed Roland Delamore to beat Nick Denis at 3.25 on Bet365...a good 20 minutes after the fight has ended

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This probably won't work, but on the off chance it does and anyone is interested, I've just this second backed Roland Delamore to beat Nick Denis at 3.25 on Bet365...a good 20 minutes after the fight has ended

Haha, i did the same, put a bet on all 3 of the first fights. Quite sure they will realize but you never know.

I went with sticking the majority of my cash on the Delamore fight. Didn't even think about going with an accumulator til you mentioned it, and by that point I could only deposit another

• Paid Members

I watched Mayweather vs Cotto live so only just got round to watching this on ufc.tv. Main card's still on there for anyone that missed it.

Really enjoyed it.

Big Johnson vs Pat Barry

Just the kind of action packed opener everyone hoped for. Like others I had Lavar winning going in. Barry was the more technical striker and I kind of like what he's been doing showing a more well rounded game. He's defo made strides in his grappling in recent fights. But none of that mattered. Lavar hits like a truck, he had the size and reach on him and he's fucking fearless which I think was most important. He came forward non stop and Barry didn't like it one bit.

Great finish. I'm loving Lavar in the UFC. He might not be a title contender but when they announced they were shipping the Strikeforce heavies over to the UFC he was one of the ones I was most excited about.

Oh yeah and did anyone catch Big Dan in this fight saying 'C'mon guys stop the bullshit and fight' when they were on the ground? Fuck off you orange twat.

Belcher vs Palhares

I fancied Belcher to win this from the off. Always felt like he's better than he's shown just from the skills he has he can give a lot of guys problems on a good day. I thought he'd be too good for Palhares standing and was underrated on the ground and could at least avoid the ground or escape back to his feet.

What I didn't expect was him to escape Palhares' dreaded leg locks, hang with him in the grappling and try fucking twisters and all sorts. He's a nutter. I wish the fight went a bit longer cos it was shaping up to be a classic.

Them ground and pound elbows were brutal. Outstanding from Belcher, best performance of his career for me. There's been times he's looked like he could be a proper contender. His upset over Kang when Kang was coming in highly regarded, his demolitions of Jason MacDonald and Wilson Gouveia and his win over Cote. But this might be the one that pushes him into bigger fights. Providing he doesn't get injured again like he has had a tendency to do when he's had momentum in the past.

Koscheck vs Hendricks

This was good. Really close fight. I agreed with the decision on first viewing but it was one of them close fights that I couldn't argue against going either way. Great win for Hendricks but I don't know if I'd give him the title shot based off a fight that close. It's a tough call. Maybe they'll wait for Ellenberger/Kampmann to play out, if Ellenberger wins impressively he should get it imo.

Diaz vs Miller

I was torn on this one going in but something was telling me to go with Nate. It just feels like sometime over the last year/year and a half he's really turned a corner. He's still gonna struggle with guys like Bendo, who's a great wrestler who can defend submissions but things seem to be really coming together for him now. Miller's skillset is one he's kinda had problems with in the past and he outclassed Miller last night.

I never expected a finish either way. Thought it would be a close back and forth 5 rounder but Nate looked like a real title challenger in there and not only got the win but stopped him for the first time. And lets face it Miller's no Kimbo on the ground either, he's got some really good wrestling and BJJ.

Nate vs either Henderson or Edgar is gonna be a hell of a fight based off them guys current form. I'd pick Benson to beat him, Edgar fuck knows. I think Edgar's got the style to beat Nate but Nate's length and reach could make Frankie's game hard to pull off.

Really good bunch of fights there.

Eddie Alvarez sitting cageside with Dana, looks like that deal is pretty much done.

b9ayds.png

It's looking like it.

Apparently Alvarez wanted a rematch with Michael Chandler for the Bellator title but Rebney turned it down and wanted him to win a tournament to earn the shot. Alvarez isn't interested in that so it looks like he's looking to do a Lombard.

I like it. I love Bellator but they'll do fine without Alvarez. They've done a great job finding new guys to fill their cards for ages. And to be honest, I think Alvarez has gone as far as he can at this point outside the UFC. There's tons of awesome fights to make with him in the UFC but maybe they'll send him to Strikeforce and finally do that Melendez fight that's been talked about for a couple of years.

Oh yeah and did anyone catch Big Dan in this fight saying 'C'mon guys stop the bullshit and fight' when they were on the ground? Fuck off you orange twat.

I'm quite sure he said this as Barry and Johnson were speaking to each other when they were on the ground, hence Dan was just telling them to shut up and fight.

Archived