UFC on FOX 3: 'Diaz vs Miller' Thread

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What I found interesting about the Hendricks/Koscheck fight is that Ricardo Almeida was actually one of the judges for the fight.

He was the judge who scored it in favour of Koscheck.

I really don't like Josh Koscheck, one of my least favourite fighters but I thought he won the fight taking the first and third rounds. I guess it's karma because I didn't think he beat Mike Pearce at UFC 143: Diaz vs. Condit.

• Paid Members

the main card was excellent, the first couple of Fox shows have disappointed but this one delivered big time, had a bit of everything. We talked before hand about this show perhaps not having the draws of the first Fox shows, but is there a better base for these guys to become stars? Johnson, Diaz, Hendricks & Belcher look like stars coming out of this thing.

Palhares/Belcher was one them fights where i was gutted it ended, it was the perfect fight to show the ground game off to new fans, very exciting and the fact that they promoted fuck out of how dangerous Palhares was just made it even more exciting. Belcher is finally back back after his horrible lay off, the McDonald win was good but this was huge. He's just thrown his name in the hat for title contention. It's fairly stacked at the top but Belcher's gotta get a top 5 guy next.

Johnson/Barry was perfect for this card. Pat Barry looked great whilst it lasted, his leg kicks were affective and his ground work was so out of the blue you had to cheer him on. If there's one place in MMA you don't wanna be though, it's stuck against the cage with Lavar Johnson punching you...and absolute monster puncher, he's a scary fucking guy, he's gotta goto PPV after that, so many fun fights to make with Johnson.

Hendricks/Koshceck was really good too, as expected the wresting was a complete stalemate and it ended up being a good standup battle. I scored it 29-28 for Kos, but was real happy when Hendricks got the decision. Gotta wonder if Koscheck will continue to fight, he's still relatively young but now he's gotta go back to the drawing board you gotta question whether he still wants it.

Diaz/Miller: Nate is just turning into Nick everytime we see him fight. Once again a Diaz brother completely breaks someone we all thought couldn't be broken. Amazing performance. I think Nate should get the next shot, picking up a big win here, the in-ring antics, the attitude, the win-streak it's all there. Diaz has to fight the winner of Henderson/Edgar. As for Miller, he just seems like one of them guys that will always fall short at the final hurdle :( i hope he dusts himself off and goes back on another run.

Great show.

The prelims were hit and miss, the two 125lb fights were excellent though and i recommend you check them out.

Michael Johnson looked great in upsetting Ferguson.

John Hathaway looked decent, his standup has improved but it looked like Krauss faded badly in the fight.

Only just watched this now. Chuffed Nate won.

Made me remember why I love MMA, when he knocked him down in the 1st round I was out of my seat, when he choked him out I acted like I had just won the FA Cup singlehandily. Have not been that energised by MMA in a while.

Main Card was great, I cannot see Johnson doing much more at Heavyweight, he will be a gatekeeper he is strong and powerful, but his technique and skills are not up too par to beat the Frank Mir's and JDS of the world. Barry should have kept his distance more in the standup battle.

Belcher winning was not that big of a upset. I would say he may fight one of the following: Bisping, Weidman, Belfort or Munoz if they get past there next oppenents. Middleweight is pretty stacked below Silva and Sonnen.

I had it for Koscheck 29-28, I felt he won 1 and 3.

Not a bad fight on the Main Card.

• Paid Members

Just finished it now and the main show was pretty great in elevating a few guys into 'title contention' and in terms of the kind of fights you want to show a new audience. There was a litte bit of everything in terms of finishes. Lavar/Barry was the perfect opener and Belcher/Palhares was a great little story after the build they gave Palhares' ground offence. Nice win for Belcher. It's always good to see Koscheck lose. Hendricks has got some fine scalps lately. Also, the Gaudinot/Lineker and Delorme/Denis fights from the prelims both had some frantic shit going down. Good shouts for rounds of the year.

Diaz really has turned some kind of corner, his performances of late have been outstanding, Glad he's getting the next shot. He's mates with Frankie so it'll be interesting to see what happens if he beats Henderson. I fucking love the Lightweight division.

• Paid Members

ahhh i missed Delorme/Denis, i'll have to try catching it.

just read that Gaudinot/Lineker got fight of the night. Rightly so, it was awesome. Gaudinot tried to match fire with fire but was clearly starting to crumble under Linker's insane punch output and rightfully took this thing to the mat and pulled out the sub. Lineker will definitly be back and Gaudinot's hair is fucking ridiculous.

oh, and what did everyone think about Nate Diaz rocking a mean tan? looked look our boy had been on the old sunbeds.

Nate Diaz rocks. Some of us knew that already. :)

My only thought is that if Edgar beats Bendo, the Nate fight will inevitably end in a controversial decision and Frankie will have yet another rematch on his hands. It just seems like fate.

Out of the prelims Gaudinot and the Dodson fights were really good. I was suprised by Gaudinot actually because he was shit on TUF. The main card was good, apart from Kos/Hendricks, but I gave it to Hendricks. Belcher was a real suprise to me I think it was the first time that I've seen him really use his ground game, I think that was my favourite fight of the lot because of the techical ground stuff.

• Paid Members

Wish I'd knew about that bet365 thing in time you jammy bastards.

Just got round to watching some of the prelims. Gaudinot vs Lineker was excellent and well deserving of FOTN. And Delorme vs Denis was a great round of action, brilliant round and great comeback performance from Delorme.

I was suprised by Gaudinot actually because he was shit on TUF. The main card was good, apart from Kos/Hendricks, but I gave it to Hendricks. Belcher was a real suprise to me I think it was the first time that I've seen him really use his ground game, I think that was my favourite fight of the lot because of the techical ground stuff.

Yeah Gaudinot I think suffered in that he was a small bantamweight on the show and you had some big fuckers on there who in reality were truly 2 weightclasses above him. He's a perfect fit for 125 so I expect we'll see some good stuff from him now.

As for Belcher, I think most people saw him as a just a striker but he's shown glimpses of some really solid BJJ before. Submitting Denis Kang in a fight he was expected to lose is one example of that but his blew that out of the water. He's a lot more well rounded than he'd shown previously.

I was surprised at just how well he hung with Palhares on the ground though. I agree it was my favourite fight on the main card too. I wish it went maybe a round or two longer before the finish though cos it was really shaping up to be something special.

Nate Diaz rocks. Some of us knew that already. :)

Seriously Kenny, do you have a little mancrush on both those lads? I thought your God frowned on that kind of shit? :smug:

As for the title fight, I hope we end up with Diaz against Henderson. It's the classic match between the clean living athlete who doesn't drink, smoke or do drugs, and who seems like an all-round intelligent chap with a double major in criminal justice and sociology going against the slightly retarded wannabe gangsta from California who looks and acts as though he still gets stickle bricks and crayons for his birthday.

I wonder if either Diaz brother hung around to hear Miller's interview with Rogan? Hopefully they picked up a tip or two about how to act when you get cleanly beaten on the night.

I'm not as keen on a Edgar vs Diaz fight. If Edgar comes into it using his head he'll do to Nate exactly what the likes of Guida, Maynard and Joe Stevenson did to him, which is simply outwrestle and outwork him. It's no great secret that this is how you beat both Diaz brothers, but it's not as exciting to watch.

Still a big fan of Stocktons two favourite sons I see David. :p

I think Nate has improved his grappling and TDD, not to say Bendo cannot take him down, but I do think Nate has improved. From being grapple fucked by Stevenson to submitting Jim Miller in the space of a few years is some achievment, Miller is a very good wrestler and is no slouch with his BJJ. He defended takedowns well on Saturday and gave Miller little chance, only grappling when it suited him.

Nate early on in his career was nowhere near as good a fighter as he is now. He could submit BJJ aces (Alberto Crane) and Wrestlers (Grey Maynard on TUF), but give him a well rounded grappler like Stevenson and he would be beaten. He has found a remedy for that now, he has better TDD and uses his striking and reach to better effect. He does not allow anyone to maul him, like he used to. His boxing has become up there with the best in his weightclass.

I hope Nate creams Bendo or Edgar, yes Nate is not going to win articulate man of the year awards, but I love his attitude and fighting style. Bendo bangs on about God too much and whilst I like Edgar, but I have not warmed to him as much as I feel I should, neither have the PPV audience as well judging by his numbers.

Still a big fan of Stocktons two favourite sons I see David. :p

I'm not a fan of the crying type to be honest. It's the same reason I never really liked Tito Ortiz. With Tito it was always an injury that caused him to lose, whilst both Diaz brothers cry about the referee, the judges, and even cry because their opponent chose to fight a smart fight and not play into their hands!

I enjoy watching them from bell to bell, but afterwards and before? Not so much. I would personally keep the likes of Diaz as far away from FOX shows as possible, as he is pretty much the stereotype for what the uninformed critic thinks an MMA fighter is.

Hearing him bumble his way through the interview with Rogan after the fight was a tad cringeworthy, which only got worse when he started getting all "gangsta" for the cameras.

I'm not particularly big on Henderson either to be honest, but the idea of a borderline retard holding the UFC lightweight strap doesn't really appeal, especially when we've really never had it so good as far as MMA acceptance into the mainstream goes.

It's no secret that I prefer the cerebral ground fighters more. It helps when they're gracious in defeat, and aren't pricks when they win.

Archived