UFC on FOX 3: 'Diaz vs Miller' Thread

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
To be fair, the UFC could put in the best card of the year and it still wouldn't outshine Money Mayweather.

Are you serious? A top class evening with multiple UFC fights easily beats Mayweather shoulder roll his way to a win over someone else who isn't named Manny Pacquiao.

yeh i meant media-wise. They are expecting the Mayweather-Cotto fight to do over 2 million buys.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I don't think this FOX card is weak at all personally. All 4 main card fights have potential to be excellent. They're always gonna save their biggest fights for PPV so you can't expect them to give Silva vs Sonnen level fights to the Yanks for free on FOX.

agreed, i think the card is great.

What time are the prelims likely to kick off over at UFC.tv, lads? Im gonna' watch it live

10pm

What about the Facebook prelims? About 9.15? Or is it at 10pm the first prelim of the night starts?

• Paid Members
I don't think this FOX card is weak at all personally. All 4 main card fights have potential to be excellent. They're always gonna save their biggest fights for PPV so you can't expect them to give Silva vs Sonnen level fights to the Yanks for free on FOX.

No-one with any sense has suggested they should've booked a fight similar to Sonnen vs. Silva, though. What they've said is that on a FOX Show, where ratings matter most, a guy like Jim Miller might not be the best choice to put in the main event. Don't get me wrong, I think in terms of quality this looks to be a really good show, but in terms of getting people to watch it, it's extremely lackluster. As a general rule, people are for more likely to watch a show with stars on it, than exciting looking match-ups. I'd love for this show to do brilliant ratings and prove me wrong, but I doubt that's going to be the case. I can see it doing way below what they've done previously on FOX, resulting in a whole new strategy next time.

What they needed for this show was a fight like Forrest vs. Tito. That would've been perfect. It wouldn't sell particularly well on pay per view, but it's the type of fight people would gladly watch for free, featuring two stars and an interesting story in it being Tito's retirement. I suspect that was the plan all along too, since originally Dana was going around everywhere saying that Diaz vs. Miller wasn't the main event, but then I imagine something fell through and this was Plan B.

I'm interested to see what people think of Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry? I was surprised to see that Pat Barry was the favorite for this fight? I'm expecting Lavar to beat Barry quite easily

I'm interested to see what people think of Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry? I was surprised to see that Pat Barry was the favorite for this fight? I'm expecting Lavar to beat Barry quite easily

Same.

I thought due to Barry's height he should drop down to Light-Heavyweight but was surprised when he weighed in at 244lbs yesterday.

I'm going for Lavar via KO. Barry should have better technique, but Lavar has so much power I think he'll just smash through Barry in the first round.

I've changed my mind so many times over the main event. I'm gonna stick with Diaz by decision now though, it really is a fight that could go either way, I'll be surprised if it doesn't go all 5 rounds.

Should be a great card top to bottom. I love the approach here where they've gone for the less high-profile names for the Fox event. Going from Rashad Evans to Jim Miller seems like a major step down in 'star power', but Miller never has a boring fight. I think I picked Miller by 4th round sub, but if it goes the distance Miller wins a UD.

From top to bottom, every fight looks to have the potential for fireworks. Hard to believe that Nick Denis is relegated to Facebook, but as long as it's available for viewing, no complaints here.

Wow. First 2 fights ended with the guy who was seemingly losing, winning. Great start to the show so far

Only just caught the Dneis fight and looked like the other guy was asleep on his feet, I was suprised when he came back to win that.

Archived