Worst show you've attended?

OhPieceOfCandy

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Gotta be one I went to in Southampton. I moaned about it in a thread about shows round there a while back:

The one show I went to there (which, I might add, meant walking from my halls next to Hoglands Park, across the Itchen Bridge, and a further mile after that) was unbelievably bad. Glamour was probably the worst wrestler on the card and they've got him on the fucking poster for this. That show also featured Aphrodite vs some woman who didn't appear to have had a training session in her life and brought her pre-school-aged son into the ring to swear at Aphrodite on the mic. Rotten.

There was a ton of other shit on that show too. Gallowman doing an impression of a WWF Attitude Create-a-Wrestler being controlled by someone who hasn't learnt how to do anything other than punch and kick, somebody Lazenby trying to do a kind of refined mat-wrestler gentleman gimmick despite having no clue how to make a hold look like it's actually doing anything, and a load of indistinguishable guys who I can't remember. There were a couple of lapsed Mark Sloan trainees who'd severed all association with their previous reputable status, and even they, doing generic indywank stuff that their opponents couldn't keep up with, shone out like a beacon of competence. Stunningly bad show. And then I had to walk about two miles home afterwards.

GWF, 2nd show, Blackburn 2003, Nuff Said.

Who needs a bleeding ring anyways :thumbsup:

Yeah, I have been to a show that never happened. The novice "promoter" booked three shows in a week, Then took a holiday only arriving back in the country on the day of the first show? Anyone who has put on ONE show in a week, Let alone three will know how stressful it is in the build up to the event. If you want to put on a quality show at least? I eventually made contact with the "promoter" to ask him why he never let anyone know it was cancelled. He offered to refund my petrol money, But guess what? Never did!

The London Smackdown taping in April 2010, I got there and my seats ended up being almost behind the bleedin' titantron!

That's your fault for buying the cheap tickets. Doesn't make it a bad show. You could see the ring couldn't you?

• Paid Members
The London Smackdown taping in April 2010, I got there and my seats ended up being almost behind the bleedin' titantron!

That's your fault for buying the cheap tickets. Doesn't make it a bad show. You could see the ring couldn't you?

The titantron is there for the ones in the cheap seats! To have seating behind that is a bit daft.

• Paid Members

Probably one of the BRAWL shows in about 2002-2003. You could cross off everything from your shitarse checklist on one show. Owner in main event, check.

Every match for a title, check. Every heel comes out spraying water from a bottle for heat,. The list went on and on. Every match had an angle which no one could understand as well. Put me off going to live shows for years

• Paid Members
Gotta be one I went to in Southampton. I moaned about it in a thread about shows round there a while back:

The one show I went to there (which, I might add, meant walking from my halls next to Hoglands Park, across the Itchen Bridge, and a further mile after that) was unbelievably bad. Glamour was probably the worst wrestler on the card and they've got him on the fucking poster for this. That show also featured Aphrodite vs some woman who didn't appear to have had a training session in her life and brought her pre-school-aged son into the ring to swear at Aphrodite on the mic. Rotten.

There was a ton of other shit on that show too. Gallowman doing an impression of a WWF Attitude Create-a-Wrestler being controlled by someone who hasn't learnt how to do anything other than punch and kick, somebody Lazenby trying to do a kind of refined mat-wrestler gentleman gimmick despite having no clue how to make a hold look like it's actually doing anything, and a load of indistinguishable guys who I can't remember. There were a couple of lapsed Mark Sloan trainees who'd severed all association with their previous reputable status, and even they, doing generic indywank stuff that their opponents couldn't keep up with, shone out like a beacon of competence. Stunningly bad show. And then I had to walk about two miles home afterwards.

I went to a show once run by this lot. Did it take place at the Chamberlayne Leisure Centre by any chance? They were called CWC back in the day, but now run the same venue as Grade-1 Wrestling. Absolutely terrible. Seem to remember the entrance set (a few sticks holding up a curtain) collapsing as soon as the first person walked through it at the start of the show. All went downhill from there really.

GWF, 2nd show, Blackburn 2003, Nuff Said.

Who needs a bleeding ring anyways :thumbsup:

Was this the show that had Trent Acid, Johnny Kashmere and Ian Knoxx from CZW on it? I met them for a signing at ECUK in Manchester, they were really cool guys and I was gutted I wasn't going to the show but was obviously relieved when I found out it was a complete shambles.

The titantron is there for the ones in the cheap seats! To have seating behind that is a bit daft.

No, the seats where you can't see the titantron are the 'limited view' ones., ie cheap ones. Obviously your view of the ring isn't limited anywhere, unless you are on the floor and are really short or have a tall person in front of you. So limited view (cheap) means you can't see the screen. You can't moan about not being able to see something when you buy limited view seats.

• Paid Members
All told, it may actually be the very dreary Frontiers of Honor 2 (I've been to PTW, but at least the areas in which it was lacking, whilst multitude, led to discussion and entertainment), which, on top of everything else wrong with the show, happened to be in Swanley. Booo.

Speaking of Swanley, were you at Battle One? That show was much worse than Frontiers of Honor 2, probably the longest two hour wrestling show I ever attended...

• Paid Members
I went to a show once run by this lot. Did it take place at the Chamberlayne Leisure Centre by any chance? They were called CWC back in the day, but now run the same venue as Grade-1 Wrestling. Absolutely terrible. Seem to remember the entrance set (a few sticks holding up a curtain) collapsing as soon as the first person walked through it at the start of the show. All went downhill from there really.

Yep, that's the place. Quite an impressive little building from the outside, until you walk in and realise the show's not in the main hall, but in the dirty little room at the side.

No, the seats where you can't see the titantron are the 'limited view' ones., ie cheap ones. Obviously your view of the ring isn't limited anywhere, unless you are on the floor and are really short or have a tall person in front of you. So limited view (cheap) means you can't see the screen. You can't moan about not being able to see something when you buy limited view seats.

To be fair, I once bought top price tickets to a WWE show at Newcastle Arena and couldn't see a fucking thing (on ground level, about 10-12 rows back) due to everyone in front of me standing up/putting kids on their shoulders. Me and my mate endured this for 20 minutes before watching the rest of the show stood at the end of one of the gangways. I don't know whether that's typical of WWE shows in other parts of the country, or whether it was just the Newcastle Arena that was poorly set up.

• Paid Members

To be fair, I once bought top price tickets to a WWE show at Newcastle Arena and couldn't see a fucking thing (on ground level, about 10-12 rows back) due to everyone in front of me standing up/putting kids on their shoulders. Me and my mate endured this for 20 minutes before watching the rest of the show stood at the end of one of the gangways. I don't know whether that's typical of WWE shows in other parts of the country, or whether it was just the Newcastle Arena that was poorly set up.

It happens a lot with floor seats. You either stand up as well, thus contributing to the problem, or you sit down and see fuck all. I never try to buy floor seats anymore.

Archived