Worst show you've attended?

OhPieceOfCandy

What's the worst show you've been too? I've only been to a handful of shows in the last ten years. I'd say about no more than eight shows, but the absolute worst of the bunch has to be one that I saw at a Pontin's holiday camp in 2009. Now, I'm aware the holiday camp shows aren't exactly great and they mostly appeal to the kids. Promotions like ASW can atleast make them enjoyable for the older fans and you always get a chance to see some well-known UK talent, but this one in Pontin's was god-awful. For starters, the show started like 30 minutes later than expected and then they brought out the most annoying host I have ever heard. I left part-way through the first match. That really explains it all. I'm not sure of the promotion, but it wasn't ASW for sure.

Your turn.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you know it was a bad show if you left half way through the first match? It could have got better as the show went on! I have never been to a really bad show but I guess a WAW show at my local sports hall was not the greatest. Show opened with a facepainted guy called Bash who couldnt throw a punch, then Ricky Knight faced his son Zak Zodiac in an OK match, Scott Fusion was decent but a womens match between Sweet Saraya and some girl from Shimmer was a botch fest. A team called London Inc were awful and the main event between Zebra Kid and a polish guy called Gorgan (Masked guy with Undertaker style entrance) was pretty bad until Zebra kid stiff kicked him in the jaw a few times.

What's the worst show you've been too? I've only been to a handful of shows in the last ten years. I'd say about no more than eight shows, but the absolute worst of the bunch has to be one that I saw at a Pontin's holiday camp in 2009. Now, I'm aware the holiday camp shows aren't exactly great and they mostly appeal to the kids. Promotions like ASW can atleast make them enjoyable for the older fans and you always get a chance to see some well-known UK talent, but this one in Pontin's was god-awful. For starters, the show started like 30 minutes later than expected and then they brought out the most annoying host I have ever heard. I left part-way through the first match. That really explains it all. I'm not sure of the promotion, but it wasn't ASW for sure.

Your turn.

Not really too sure if this thread makes sense. The worst show you've ever been to was a show where you saw half a match then left? Every show has bad matches and good matches but surely you could have given this show a chance.

The London Smackdown taping in April 2010, I got there and my seats ended up being almost behind the bleedin' titantron! Plus I had to sit through NXT, as when I booked them in the November it was still ECW.

I was at that show was ok, First time I saw Daniel Bryan live in WWE on NXT vs Regal. 6 man tag with Rey Mysterio and Hart Dnasty v Punk ,Gallows and someone else. To think Jack Swagger was frigging world champion. I did have a good seat but it ranks nowhere near the worst show i have been to.

• Paid Members

All told, it may actually be the very dreary Frontiers of Honor 2 (I've been to PTW, but at least the areas in which it was lacking, whilst multitude, led to discussion and entertainment), which, on top of everything else wrong with the show, happened to be in Swanley. Booo.

All told, it may actually be the very dreary Frontiers of Honor 2 (I've been to PTW, but at least the areas in which it was lacking, whilst multitude, led to discussion and entertainment), which, on top of everything else wrong with the show, happened to be in Swanley. Booo.

Boo indeed. A visit to Swanley is bound to give anyone bad memories.

Your turn.

Not really too sure if this thread makes sense. The worst show you've ever been to was a show where you saw half a match then left? Every show has bad matches and good matches but surely you could have given this show a chance.

I really can't give the show too much shit because of leaving early, but the whole vibe I was getting was that it just for young children and it's not like I paid to get in or anything. In all honesty, I just wanted to make this thread and this is my worse experience.

The London Smackdown taping in April 2010, I got there and my seats ended up being almost behind the bleedin' titantron! Plus I had to sit through NXT, as when I booked them in the November it was still ECW.

I was at that show and I thought it was really good bar NXT.

Dear God, I have seen some shite in my time! I have witnessed every crime against wrestling you could imagine. From collapsed rings to to 14 years old referees. I bet there are not many people that have seen an entire audience walk out in disgust at the level of "wrestling" put before them?

Wrestling is a bit like a lot of sports, In the sense that you can only witness the good stuff live by enduring the very worst too. My top tips are ALWAYS go to a live show with zero expectations, Have a couple of pre-show beers as this takes the edge off the shite & enhances the good (for me at least?). Also do your homework, It has never been easier to find out who is wrestling & for which promotion. If the promotion has a decent reputation along with a few good workers booked, You should be ok.

• Paid Members

Worst I've seen was City of Steel Wrestling in Sheffield last September. Just a laughably poor show in every way. The 'laughably' part was the only reason I stayed to the end of the show- there was at least some entertainment factor in that respect.

Archived