Worst show you've attended?

OhPieceOfCandy

the worst show has to be IWP: The Gathering, which I think was promoted by Steive Knight. Had a street fight between Burchill and D-Lo Brown which was out of the ring for the first minute, then played out in the ring for the rest of it, and Colt Cabana wa son the show too but cant for the life of me remember who he was against. Everything else was pretty forgetable too

I liked The Gathering. D-Lo and Burchill had a good match, as did Cabana and Mark Belton. Mark Sloan and Stevie Knight also had a good match with Aviv Maayan and Jack Storm.

See, I've seen Maayan and Jack Storm at shows up and down the country, but have recollection of them at that show, that's how forgettable it was

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The FWA show in Wolverhampton with that Patrick fucking Lennon promo.

Just brain meltingly dreadful in every fucking way. It could have been a good show but it wasn't, it was shocking.

the worst show has to be IWP: The Gathering, which I think was promoted by Steive Knight. Had a street fight between Burchill and D-Lo Brown which was out of the ring for the first minute, then played out in the ring for the rest of it, and Colt Cabana wa son the show too but cant for the life of me remember who he was against. Everything else was pretty forgetable too

I liked The Gathering. D-Lo and Burchill had a good match, as did Cabana and Mark Belton. Mark Sloan and Stevie Knight also had a good match with Aviv Maayan and Jack Storm.

See, I've seen Maayan and Jack Storm at shows up and down the country, but have recollection of them at that show, that's how forgettable it was

I reckon i must have been to at least 200 shows worse than this one! If this is the worst you have seen, You've been lucky! I have been to shows that have genuinely depressed me :(

a womens match between Sweet Saraya and some girl from Shimmer was a botch fest.

That was Sassy Stephie. Bit of background on that.

Stephie had dislocated her shoulder and needed to take a few months off, but had the UK trip booked already. That match with Saraya was either her 3rd or 4th match back, and I believe was the first match that she wrestled without the support brace. If I recall, much of the match was spent with Saraya working over the injured arm, which is a massive display of skill considering she didn't hurt Stephie in any way. People may argue that I was watching with rose-tinted spectacles, but I don't remember it being a botch-fest at all. Basic, yes. Botchy, no.

The same type of match happened a couple of months later when Saraya took on Nikki Storm at Pro Wrestling: EVE and was great.

The worst show I have attended recently was in Wales and began one hour late and had lots of intervals.On top of that the beer was very expensive!

Where was that?

Wrexham

There was a a show at a Llandudno nightclub a couple of weeks ago that started an hour late as well. Due to start at 11pm, started at midnight!!! Who'd have thought only 30 people would turn up...

http://www.britanniawrestling.co.uk/blogs/...levard-results/

I remember a show by an English promotion in similar circumstances.

"There's no-one here, so let's just stall until people turn up!", was the paraphrased war cry.

That was a long, long, long night. :-(

Who'd have thought that pushing a wrestling show to adults only on a Sunday night wouldn't work?!

I remember a show by an English promotion in similar circumstances.

"There's no-one here, so let's just stall until people turn up!", was the paraphrased war cry.

That was a long, long, long night. :-(

Who'd have thought that pushing a wrestling show to adults only on a Sunday night wouldn't work?!

X:SW? Liquid Nightclub?

I remember some stiff action that night!

I run over 18's shows on Sundays in nightclubs ranging from 300 to 500 capacity and have sold out every event we've ran for the past two years.

Triple X Wrestling (RIP) always ran Sundays.

Not a pro wrestling show, but I went to a supposed MMA show in Plymouth. The majority of the show was drunk people pulled out of the crowd wearing head gear and huge boxing gloves flailing at each other with the co-ordination of 2 heavily drunk people. The actual proper fights were guys who either had very little experience or were very out of shape, all of them went 3 rounds apart from one fight. It was the dullest 3 and a half hours of a show I'd seen. It was made worse by the fact I spent 30 quid on a ticket and I couldn't even have a drink since I had to drive home.

when i was 15 there was one at baths hall in scunthorpe was promised a cage match and i swear that the wrestlers struggle to get out of the door and also we found out that was one of them dubious wwf tribute shows with a very fat looking rock and a few more wrestlers who looked out of shape

• Paid Members

It was made worse by the fact I spent 30 quid on a ticket and I couldn't even have a drink since I had to drive home.

Are all MMA shows this extortionately priced? I've seen posters here and there and been pretty stunned by how much they charge in comparison to wrestling.

It was made worse by the fact I spent 30 quid on a ticket and I couldn't even have a drink since I had to drive home.

Are all MMA shows this extortionately priced? I've seen posters here and there and been pretty stunned by how much they charge in comparison to wrestling.
Pretty much. For that usually you get maybe 2-3 PROFESSIONAL bouts, every MMA show I've been to mind the vast majority of the crowd are mates or family members of the fighters. 12 fights, 24 fighters that's your crowd! As the fighters are announced you'll see a big group of lads in the corner suddenly go ape shit, whilst the rest are like eh? Plus they dont fight often making it so much easier to convince people to pay to see them. Just for the record, I sell tickets for my mates 'Valley of Kings' Promotion in South Wales, I would never pay those prices.

Archived