Worst show you've attended?

OhPieceOfCandy

Worst I've seen was Elite British Wrestling or whatever the fuck they called themselves in Sheffield last September. Just a laughably poor show in every way. The 'laughably' part was the only reason I stayed to the end of the show- there was at least some entertainment factor in that respect.

That was actually City of Steel Wrestling of "Richard Jubb doesn't pay his wrestlers" infamy. I know because I was attending too. The show wasn't the best in quality admittedly but it was comprised of rookie level guys and guys back from long breaks away from wrestling.

Elite British Wrestling operate out of Sheffield too, and have some CSW survivors among their ranks, but that'd where the association ends. Our debut show in March was a success, and delivered both wrestling and entertainment wise. I know because I was at that one too!

Before you ask, yes, I am involved with EBW, but did attend the CSW show in September as an impartial spectator. I simply don't want what EBW are doing now to be associated with CSW our Richard Jubb in any way.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's your fault for buying the cheap tickets. Doesn't make it a bad show. You could see the ring couldn't you?

It was more of a less than desirable experience than a really bad show. It was my least favourite show out of the three TV tapings I've been to, as when I booked up Smackdown was really good just fresh off a Batista heel turn with a lot of really good main event stuff. But by the time April had rolled around, it was Jack Swagger as the World Champion, a run down Edge, and Jericho. NXT as well, not my cup of tea by any stretch of the imagination. That's why I stick to Raw now.

• Paid Members
Worst I've seen was Elite British Wrestling or whatever the fuck they called themselves in Sheffield last September. Just a laughably poor show in every way. The 'laughably' part was the only reason I stayed to the end of the show- there was at least some entertainment factor in that respect.

That was actually City of Steel Wrestling of "Richard Jubb doesn't pay his wrestlers" infamy. I know because I was attending too. The show wasn't the best in quality admittedly but it was comprised of rookie level guys and guys back from long breaks away from wrestling.

Elite British Wrestling operate out of Sheffield too, and have some CSW survivors among their ranks, but that'd where the association ends. Our debut show in March was a success, and delivered both wrestling and entertainment wise. I know because I was at that one too!

Before you ask, yes, I am involved with EBW, but did attend the CSW show in September as an impartial spectator. I simply don't want what EBW are doing now to be associated with CSW our Richard Jubb in any way.

Sorry Mark- you are quite right!! It was indeed 'City of Steel Wrestling'. I got confused because it was promoted heavily by Andy Hogg on here, as EBW are now and it featured most of the guys from the old Elite Pro Wrestling academy/promotion.

I will edit my post to correct the name!

Sorry Mark- you are quite right!! It was indeed 'City of Steel Wrestling'. I got confused because it was promoted heavily by Andy Hogg on here, as EBW are now and it featured most of the guys from the old Elite Pro Wrestling academy/promotion.

I will edit my post to correct the name!

Many thanks!

Was this the show that had Trent Acid, Johnny Kashmere and Ian Knoxx from CZW on it? I met them for a signing at ECUK in Manchester, they were really cool guys and I was gutted I wasn't going to the show but was obviously relieved when I found out it was a complete shambles.

Yes, Trent also wrestled the first show in Preston for GWF.

Wasn't that something to do with Alex Shane though?

It's been documented a zillion times over the years. There were issues with the ring being delivered.

I dont know if the thread is in Gold, will have a look for it

Here are some others

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/forum/s...-show-cancelled

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?showtopic=25520

Farrer turned up at the next FWA show and did a heel angle if memory serves, that went down like a lead balloon in some quarters. Then people got shafted over promised tickets over the next show which never happened and/or refunds for those who didnt use ticketmaster. Farrer later on, won some amount on the lottery (possibly?) and effectively disappeared after more arguing on here iirc.

• Paid Members
All told, it may actually be the very dreary Frontiers of Honor 2 (I've been to PTW, but at least the areas in which it was lacking, whilst multitude, led to discussion and entertainment), which, on top of everything else wrong with the show, happened to be in Swanley. Booo.

Speaking of Swanley, were you at Battle One? That show was much worse than Frontiers of Honor 2, probably the longest two hour wrestling show I ever attended...

Battle One had the Swanley Street Fight, yes? That was such a letdown, but I think that the show is weirdly reprieved in my mind by the match at Battle Two, where King Slim was deadweight in the literal sense.

Frontiers Of Honor 2 wasn't the worst, but was ropey as fuck. Me and a friend did it as a double header that weekend, FOH in Swanley one night, then headed upto Doncaster to see 1PW the following night.

things I remember from that night:

* tanoy announcment during Austin Aries promo

* "You guys call yourselves The Untouchables huh? Well tonight in this ring, Im going to touch your ass all over." - Austin Aries saying the gayest thing in wrestling since Kurt Angle's "your momma taught me how!"

* Late start as we were waiting for a light-rig for the entrance, which didnt work anyways.

* 5 rows of seats

* Doug Williams landing horribly in the finish to his match

the worst show has to be IWP: The Gathering, which I think was promoted by Steive Knight. Had a street fight between Burchill and D-Lo Brown which was out of the ring for the first minute, then played out in the ring for the rest of it, and Colt Cabana wa son the show too but cant for the life of me remember who he was against. Everything else was pretty forgetable too

I went to a show once run by this lot. Did it take place at the Chamberlayne Leisure Centre by any chance? They were called CWC back in the day, but now run the same venue as Grade-1 Wrestling. Absolutely terrible. Seem to remember the entrance set (a few sticks holding up a curtain) collapsing as soon as the first person walked through it at the start of the show. All went downhill from there really.

Yep, that's the place. Quite an impressive little building from the outside, until you walk in and realise the show's not in the main hall, but in the dirty little room at the side.

I sadly went along to one of these shows a while ago at the chamberlayne and I cant add anything positive i'm afraid. First want to say that unless I'm mistaken this is not the same promotion as CWC (which i believe was the catch wrestling council). They had a much better roster for start using up and comers and veterans including names such as Phil Bedwell, Andy Simmons and a young Martin Stone

Not going to waste time talking about how bad these guys were that run as G1. I think the above explains it

• Paid Members

Of the few UK shows i've been to, FCW in whitshurch had to be one of the worst things i've seen. To fair it may of been a crowd issue, as only about 50 people where there, so it just lacked "Atmosphere".

Other than that, i went to an All Star show in Hanley, in which the ring collapsed. It was a bit of a shocker at the time, but did give us a crazy "No DQ" match to fill the gap that ended up being great fun, plus the Bush Wackers were there IIRC, so ended up a good little show.

I remember Insurrextion basically being the matches they had the week before on a PPV, more or less with a good Highlight Reel with Bischoff and Austin as co GMs or Sheriff Austin thrown in. Austin liked it enough he included it on his new DVD clips. The matches were repetitive from a week before though.

the worst show has to be IWP: The Gathering, which I think was promoted by Steive Knight. Had a street fight between Burchill and D-Lo Brown which was out of the ring for the first minute, then played out in the ring for the rest of it, and Colt Cabana wa son the show too but cant for the life of me remember who he was against. Everything else was pretty forgetable too

I liked The Gathering. D-Lo and Burchill had a good match, as did Cabana and Mark Belton. Mark Sloan and Stevie Knight also had a good match with Aviv Maayan and Jack Storm.

Archived