Post a pic('s) of your pet thread

ajmcstyles

Hi Gus, 

I have only flicked through the last pages as my partner Aileen died on Wednesday l, I will post about this tomorrow, so I am still raw. 

That said you are in my thoughts, anyone who openly displays such obvious love for any animal is someone I respect 

I really hope this works out positively. 

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, Hugh Thesz said:

Hi Gus, 

I have only flicked through the last pages as my partner Aileen died on Wednesday l, I will post about this tomorrow, so I am still raw. 

That said you are in my thoughts, anyone who openly displays such obvious love for any animal is someone I respect 

Hugh, incredibly sorry to hear that and not surprised you still feel raw. Thought are with you too.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone again. He's back in the vets Thursday to see how the antibiotics/cream he's on are working, but he seems decent in of himself and is eating well. Will see how it goes.

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, Hugh Thesz said:

Hi Gus, 

Damn. So sorry to hear this, Shug.

I can't begin to imagine what you must be going through. Take your time with this. We'll all be here when you come back.

• Paid Members

Don’t think I’ve ever posted a picture of my old lab before. This is ‘Lots’ short for Lottie but always know as lots. 

I mentioned her earlier in response to Gus about him having to make difficult decisions regarding his cat. 

This poor lass can’t hold it in anymore, so the house is a mess every morning. Her back legs are knackered and she just hobbles. She’s completely senile now don’t doesn’t really respond or recognise anyone and just goes and sits in a bush in the garden all day.

The vet has suggested it’s time to say bye. That was around a year ago. She hasn’t deteriorated any further, for all of her ailments, she still eats and drinks really well and clearly hasn’t given up so to speak. I’ll never have her put down unless it’s fully necessary, but I don’t want her to have to live in any pain and for me to drag that out... it’s so bloody difficult knowing where that line is. She’s been an awesome pal over the years, I’m gutted she’s forgotten who I am.

B3DB969A-A323-44C5-8877-01EF3AF8C0CC.jpeg

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Thanks, yeah it’s crap. Unfortunately it’s inevitable for many of us. I’ve never had to deal with a human having Alzheimer’s and dealing with this makes my heart go out to anyone whose parents or grandparents have it. 

Yeah, it's such a cruel disease. She looks such a sweet girl, Kaz. I'd be surprised if you don't know when the time is right in terms of putting a pet down. As horrible as it may be, after years with a friend like that, you know them well enough to see when they aren't happy in of themselves anymore. Sorry to hear about all of this, sounds harrowing. 

• Paid Members
On 30/01/2018 at 8:54 AM, Gus Mears said:

Yeah, it's such a cruel disease. She looks such a sweet girl, Kaz. I'd be surprised if you don't know when the time is right in terms of putting a pet down. As horrible as it may be, after years with a friend like that, you know them well enough to see when they aren't happy in of themselves anymore. Sorry to hear about all of this, sounds harrowing. 

Thanks mate, she’s a bloody soldier that’s for sure.

bloody hell @Sergio Mendacious Just look at the sheer machismo of that cat... “yeaaaahh, fuck you”.. the poster behind and the slogan add so much to this photo.

Amazing.

• 2 weeks later...