NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Loki said:

And @Supremo - yup, Ohno looks AWFUL, just a fucking mess.  I've said this before, but he has access to the Performance Centre every day - genuinely one of the premier sports training facilities in the world by all accounts, and he looks worse than when he re-debuted.  I'm no super athlete, but if I was paid to train at the PC I'd throw myself into that shit 100%.  Look at the Era boys, they all look buff now.  

The reason he was fired first time around was that he was clocking in time at the PC without actually doing the work - developmental talent are expected to do a set number of hours a week in the PC, and he was basically clocking in and out without doing any of the work. That they've brought him back and let him look even worse than he did first time around is astonishing, under the circumstances.

3 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

They’ve got so many talented women on the NXT roster, new additions like Io Shirai, Chelsea Green, Mia Yim have strengthened it even more.... Yet they’re pushing Lacey Evans?!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROiZmYYpG45xykIK7yo-o

It’s not the indywank fed, it’s developmental. The only way their Perfomance Centre originals are going to progress is if you give them screen time and a role. You can’t just have some hot name from the indies come in and steamroll everyone

Edited by WyattSheepMask

3 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

It’s not the indywank fed, it’s developmental. The only way their Perfomance Centre originals are going to progress is if you give them screen time and a role. You can’t just have some hot name from the indies come in and steamroll everyone

Yeah, but Bianca Belair and Kacy Whatsherface the ninja warrior are there showing bags of promise, Lacey's the absolute fucking drizzles

By the way, if anyone thinks I'm jumping the gun by saying Gargano's heel run is embarrassing e-fed shite, look at the state of him here

hqdefault.jpg

Ohno can look like fucking Cheex for all I care, rather that than this hairplugs loser. It gives me no pleasure to say this, I can't believe how far he (and Ciampa, but at least he looks good) has fallen so far down in my estimation since this January. A couple of corny bastards trying to have complex personalities, no you're workrate wankers and good at it just embrace it!

Edited by sj5522

2 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

People need to realise that the Io's, Kairi's and Asuka's of the world are there to make the stars. Not be them.

You mean Asuka who was undefeated for about two years?

How do you figure that one out then?

• Paid Members

I’ve not seen the show itself in weeks, but reading the report and seeing how everyone is playing it on Twitter, I’m completely convinced this isn’t a proper heel turn for Gargano and there’ll be a final swerve.

Maybe that’s just wishful thinking, though.

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, Slapnut said:

You mean Asuka who was undefeated for about two years?

How do you figure that one out then?

Asuka who won the Royal Rumble (in the history books forever) and wrestled Charlotte in a heavily promoted match at WrestleMania too.

Hopefully they sell the kids a plastic version of Io's mask too in due course, and I still haven't given up on the Kairi Sane Pirate Adventure Playset.

31 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I’ve not seen the show itself in weeks, but reading the report and seeing how everyone is playing it on Twitter, I’m completely convinced this isn’t a proper heel turn for Gargano and there’ll be a final swerve.

Maybe that’s just wishful thinking, though.

If that's the case, good luck him getting any babyface cheers after Ally kicks his head in. Loser.

1 hour ago, The King Of Swing said:

Built her up for the real star to go over.

Charlotte will get the big match next Wrestlemania, while Asuka makes the numbers up in the pre-show battle royal.

But we’re on about NXT here. It seems obvious by now that what they do with them on the main roster is completely different to how they’re treated in NXT. Do you honestly think Asuka was signed and pushed so hard simply to put Charlotte over?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Slapnut said:

But we’re on about NXT here. It seems obvious by now that what they do with them on the main roster is completely different to how they’re treated in NXT. Do you honestly think Asuka was signed and pushed so hard simply to put Charlotte over?

Wasting your keystrokes. Only the winners of heavily promoted title matches at WrestleMania are stars. Getting to the main roster, having a ton of merch made, featuring in the 2K19 promo video.... ham 'n' egger stuff.

• Paid Members

I'm fully caught up now, including last night's show.

So Gargano admits to attacking Black and seemingly officially turns heel. It's certainly not the direction I would've gone in, but I have to admit that the storyline came off far better on TV that it read in the spoilers. I'm interested in where things go, even if I still feel like they've ruined their purest babyface in years.

Takeover looks like a can't-miss show. Great lineup.

The Dream's gear was something else this week. He's amazing.

I haven’t seen an awful lot of Velveteen Dream, but from what I’ve seen of him I’ve always thought “yeah he’s good, but I think the lovely people on UKFF are overrating him a bit”.

Fuck me, how wrong was I?

He’s so so smooth. Cracking main event with Lars Sullivan. I’m finally on board.

Edited by Slapnut