NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

When's WWE Vintage on?

Ā 

First airing is Sundays at 8am on a Sky Sports channel (usually 3, but sometimes 2 or 4). It's nearly always 8am though.

Ā 

Usually repeated late Sunday nights on the same channel, then airing a 3rd time before the live Raw on late Monday nights. Final airing is Wednesdays at 7am.

Ā 

Ah, that's why I've always missed it. Never up that early! Cheers, I'll put it in the ol' planner.

• Paid Members
Corey Graves stands out to me as someone that could be a decent midcard act on Raw or SD if gets the chance, he's got a unique look and is decent in the ring, a few vingettes talking about his tattoo's etc kinda like CM Punks early ecw promo's would be a good way for his to get his character over.

He could be the next Jeff Hardy in that women will proper cream over him. He has that look about him, alternative attractiveness but unlike Punk he's actually a naturally handsome chap as well.

Graves is great and I can see him developing a strong following once he gets called up.

Ā 

The Neville/Cesaro match was awesome, if that had been on the UK Raw with Cesaro dropping the title to him it would have been the perfect platform to start Neville's WWE run. I know that's asking a lot but it's better than what they did with Kofi

• Paid Members
He could be the next Jeff Hardy in that women will proper cream over him. He has that look about him, alternative attractiveness but unlike Punk he's actually a naturally handsome chap as well.

Shame about the boss-eye though, ain't it?

Forgot about that. Then again, bet it didn't stop Jim Duggan ragging the fuck out of a different local rat each night on the road.

I'm watching NXT for the first time, in its new format, and its alright.

Ā 

Bo Dallas is shit. Like, really.

Ā 

Big E Langston looked great. I don't really know the history or meaning of it, but from what I saw I liked the '5 count' gimmick. His is the sort of character WWE lacks. Someone who isn't necessarily good by any normal gauge, but is so cool and hard that people love him anyway. Two thumbs up.

Ā 

Neville looked okay, too. I'm still not swung on him.

Ā 

Cesaro is the bollocks. I think he's got one of the greatest looks in the business.

Ā 

Haven't seen Chris Hero, though? How's he getting on? I'm not his biggest fan but he deserves a break. Considering how early he started his career, and how long it took him to get to developmental, he wants to get called up fairly sharpish surely? The way he's chucked himself about, he's probably only got 5/6 years before the wheels start falling off.

. . .

Bo Dallas is shit. Like, really.

Ā 

Big E Langston looked great. I don't really know the history or meaning of it, but from what I saw I liked the '5 count' gimmick. His is the sort of character WWE lacks. Someone who isn't necessarily good by any normal gauge, but is so cool and hard that people love him anyway. Two thumbs up.

Ā 

Neville looked okay, too. I'm still not swung on him.

Ā 

Cesaro is the bollocks. I think he's got one of the greatest looks in the business.

. . .

Ā 

100% agree with your opinion of Bo Dallas. He's fucking awful.

Ā 

Big E is one of my favourite "up-and-comers" right now. Waiting for the day he turns face and smashes shitty Ryback to pieces.

Ā 

Neville has been one of my favourites for years from seeing him regularly in England. Not seen much of him since he's been in FCW. I have no doubt he'll make it to a main roster.

Ā 

Since he's been in WWE, Cesaro has become one of my favourites. I wasn't a massive fan of his in his indy days. Love his matches now but seems the crowds don't and now he's being booked into oblivion. There's no money in yodelling. Maybe he'll get to reform a tag team with Hero - they could take titles from Hell No leading to their split (*pure fantasy booking on my part, which culminates with Bryan/Taker*)

Edited by aaron

• Paid Members

Seeing the former Chris Hero, Claudio Castagnoli and Bryan Danielson in a WWE ring at the same time would make me a ridiculously happy man so I'd love that. I certainly hope to see a Kings of Wrestling reformation. Complete with their wonderful spinning-while-linking-arms-while-waving-to-the-crowd celebration. I guess it's not totally outside the realms of possibility.

Seeing the former Chris Hero, Claudio Castagnoli and Bryan Danielson in a WWE ring at the same time would make me a ridiculously happy man so I'd love that. I certainly hope to see a Kings of Wrestling reformation. Complete with their wonderful spinning-while-linking-arms-while-waving-to-the-crowd celebration. I guess it's not totally outside the realms of possibility.

Ā 

Initially I would have said 'No way' as Cesaro was getting a great push and looked to be going places on his own in WWE.

Ā 

Sadly, they seem to have tired of him and he's now jobbing to Zack Ryder on house shows, so maybe a tag team with Kassius Ohno might be something to consider.

Ā 

Initially I would have said 'No way' as Cesaro was getting a great push and looked to be going places on his own in WWE.

Ā 

Sadly, they seem to have tired of him and he's now jobbing to Zack Ryder on house shows, so maybe a tag team with Kassius Ohno might be something to consider.

Doesn't mean anything really. Jack Swagger was jobbing left right and centre on Superstars, and then he won the ladder match at Mania a few years ago and became the World Champ. They jobbed Sheamus out like crazy too when he became King of the Ring, now look at him. It's just what they do these days.

Ā 

Ā 

Doesn't mean anything really. Jack Swagger was jobbing left right and centre on Superstars, and then he won the ladder match at Mania a few years ago and became the World Champ. They jobbed Sheamus out like crazy too when he became King of the Ring, now look at him. It's just what they do these days.

Ā 

Yeah, true.... Seems a daft way of building stars to me though.

• Paid Members
When's WWE Vintage on?

Ā 

First airing is Sundays at 8am on a Sky Sports channel (usually 3, but sometimes 2 or 4). It's nearly always 8am though.

Ā 

Usually repeated late Sunday nights on the same channel, then airing a 3rd time before the live Raw on late Monday nights. Final airing is Wednesdays at 7am.

Ā 

Ah, that's why I've always missed it. Never up that early! Cheers, I'll put it in the ol' planner.

You can find it in the 'Catch Up' section of Sky's On Demand service (toegther with all the weekly WWE TV), too.