NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

What shitty timing for an injury for this guy...

One half of the NXT tag team champions, Oliver Gray, was injured at the 2/17 NXT live event from Brooksville, Florida. Gray and his partner Adrian Neville (formerly PAC) were teaming against Bray Wyatt and Luke Harper, when Grey appeared to blow his knee out about 5 minutes into the match, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. The match stopped, with Gray laying on the ground in extreme pain and referees throwing up the "X" injury sign. He was helped to the back by NXT officials. No word yet on the extent of his injury.

Really hope he's not out too long or they have to drop the titles, the British tag team he has with Adrian Neville has been one of the highlights of the last few weeks of NXT.

• Paid Members
They will put somebody like Chris Hero with PAC because he comes from the indies too and fans would love it

Well, you gave it a shot and you lasted a couple of days, so fair play to you, but now you've gone full troll I'm sure you won't mind being plopped on ignore.

• Paid Members

I've been a fan of Kruger ever since he stopped being the latest version of "arrogant rich foreigner" and started being the crazed big game hunter. I just hope they move him away from Ohno now the tag tournament is done. The "Kruger End" is a fabulous name for his finisher, too.

I'm slightly disappointed he's changed his theme, though. The one he had been using in that gimmick was proper old-fashioned heel generic rock of the kind I love. Much like The Shield's theme, actually.

• Paid Members
The "Kruger End" is a fabulous name for his finisher, too.

Just to check: have you only ever heard him calling it that? I ask because it could be that his finisher might be called the "Krugerrand", which was an infamous 24-carat gold coin that the apartheid government was always trying to promote to people to trade in, was banned in most countries boycotting the apartheid regime and which was made in almost slave conditions in South African gold mines. The South African accent can make that sound like "Kruger End".

Edited by Carbomb

• 2 weeks later...