NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Is it wrong that I'm a big fan of Eva Marie now, more out of spite than anything else?

Yeah it is. Only thing worse than dickhead fans are the ones who purposely go out of their way to show they are better than those dickhead fans. It gets more and more lame every time someone says "just to make the Internet have a meltdown lolol."

Ā 

Is it wrong that I'm a big fan of Eva Marie now, more out of spite than anything else?

Yeah it is. Only thing worse than dickhead fans are the ones who purposely go out of their way to show they are better than those dickhead fans. It gets more and more lame every time someone says "just to make the Internet have a meltdown lolol."

Ā 

+1

Ā 

Eva can be a good heel in time and reckon somebody better than Carmella or a jobber can get a decent match out of her. I hope the fans keep booing whatever their motive cos tweener Sasha took a small bit of shine off her matches

Ā 

Bayley suplexing the fella this week was awesome.

Joe looked beastly

Surprised nobody talked about the tag title switch. Quite a smart move I think, though I do like the Vaudevillains. Enzo & Cass' big return before hopefully the main roster will be huge

Edited by sj5522

I love Eva Marie because she is so easy to hate (which I do too). I'm now pretty sure they're going for an annoying Kardashian style character. I couldn't tell at first but those promos she did a few weeks back proved it's more than just her, they are deliberately trying to make her an annoying personality vacuum (quite an up to date character for WWE really!).Ā 

Ā 

I actually find it irritating most of her heat seems to come from her background though, but if it helps get her over and we have a super shallow heel character going on which people universally wants to see get beat up then great. Plot lines are also of course being drawn for months of interesting female stories as said before.

Ā 

Bayley vs Nia Jax & Eva Maria followed by involvement of Asuka (I assume this will occur to set up Nia Jax Vs Asuka sometime) and others getting involved until a Nia Jax turn on Eva Maria being the final payoff. I expect that will happen next year (if they go the expect route at all) around the time Bayley will be getting pulled up.

• Paid Members

Following on from this week's backstage skit, Nia Jax employed as Eva Marie's muscle would be a great heat magnet I reckon. Perfect for Eva's character if it helps her to get into the title picture long before she's 'ready' in the eyes of the fans.

Ā 

It's fantastic that after losing Sasha, Becky and Charlotte to the main roster, the NXT women's division already looks more than sufficiently replenished. I am really enjoying the current trend for using enhancement talent in the women's matches too, it's fun to see new faces every week and helps to build up the featured acts without having to have them all wrestle each other over and over.

Ā 

Alexa Bliss is the one for me though. Handled correctly, I can see her being the big star of the Divas division in coming years. I am a little reluctant to throw such a bold statement out there, but she could be the new Trish Stratus in terms of appeal.

• Paid Members

Alexa Bliss is the one for me though. Handled correctly, I can see her being the big star of the Divas division in coming years. I am a little reluctant to throw such a bold statement out there, but she could be the new Trish Stratus in terms of appeal.

100% agree, I've always thought the same about her. Nobody has come close to being the full package (in terms of what WWE want from a diva) since Trish, but she could be it. Definitely has a Trish vibe about her, but with MUCH nicer eyes.

Edited by PunkStep

• Awards Moderator

Speaking of Alexa, the match with Bayley wasn't quite as good as I'd hoped. I think she's probably a better character than she is a wrestler, but that's fine by me, because her character's so great. Her pre-match promo earlier in the show was really good.

Ā 

That place is going to go NUCLEAR if Eva Marie beats Bayley. I hope they do it, the reaction will be something to behold.

Ā 

Three women's matches on a one hour show - more than the men's matches! How often has that happened on WWE before?

I love Alexa, great reactions to the crowd and other mannerisms, but I agree the match was so-so. When Eva Marie came out I just said aloud "Oh no....oh no...!" I'm happy for her to mix it up with the champ if she's going to get reactions like that, loved it.

I usually watch NXT right through but I skipped most of Emma's match and the Dash/Dawson match. I'm not sold on Nia Jax yet either. She looks like The Shield's mum.

Three women's matches on a one hour show - more than the men's matches! How often has that happened on WWE before?

Ā 

Hopefully never again.

Ā 

Decent show, but I'm still not as big a fan of these women as everybody else seems to be and for them to take up such a massive chunk of the show bored me.

Ā 

Also, that tag match was hilarious. The guy getting the hot tag, coming in pumped then being put down immediately. I'm sure Colin Delaney did it once and it was funny as fuck then too.Ā 

Edited by DeanoTheGame

The new backstage interview guy is rubbish.

Ā 

Eva Marie is dog shit but by God some would kill for that kind of heat.

Ā 

Fucking hell that one section during the Bayley match was annoying with that Bayley chant and jumping about trying to be noticed. First time I almost switched off because of them.

Ā 

Bunch of shit cunts.

Edited by The King Of Swing