The Ultimate Fighter Season 15: 'Cruz vs Faber' Thread

wandshogun09

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happened to Vick at the end? He wasnt gassed or hurt, yet as soon as he got mounted he turtled up and forced the ref stoppage, even before any punches of note were thrown. Ive rewatched it about 5 times, and it looks bizarre every time I see it, even moreso because of how fine he was 30 seconds before the takedown. He looked like Bob Sapp.

• Paid Members

I've finally got round to updating the first post with the updated finale card. I think they may add a couple of fights still yet though cos it looks a bit short. Looks good though.

I'll post it here aswell for the lazy bastards

MAIN CARD (FX - ESPN UK)

Jake Ellenberger vs Martin Kampmann (Five Rounds)

Mike Chiesa vs Al Iaquinta (TUF 15 finale)

Max Holloway vs Pat Schilling

Jonathan Brookins vs Charles Oliveira

PRELIMS (FUEL - ufc.tv)

Justin Lawrence vs John Cofer

Myles Jury vs Chris Saunders

Chris Tickle vs Daron Cruickshank

Cristiano Marcello vs Sam Sicilia

John Albert vs Erik Perez

Jeremy Larsen vs Joe Proctor

They'll probably add a fight to the main card at least. I'd expect Andy Ogle to get a fight aswell.

• Paid Members

Yeah and in Gaudinot's case it was clear he was an undersized 135er. He was kept on and dropped to Flyweight and looked much more suited to that weight winning a really good fight recently.

Gaudinot also won a Fight Of The Season vote for TUF 14 so a guy like that will always be given a second chance.

• Paid Members

whilst i think this season was arguably the poorest season yet in terms on drama it no doubt delivered from a fights point of view...should make for some good fights at the finale.

Quick point though, usually the guys are given time to go away and get a full training camp with their teams before coming back for the finale, this time the guys are going in straight out of the season. That's a little harsh, i think the time guys get to go away and train properly allows it to be a bit more of even playing field on finale night, anyone agree?

The UFC has confirmed that next season will be live also so they are sticking with it, if i had my way i think id go back to the old format...not just because the finale example, but because of the basic entertainment value of the show.

Thoughts?

• Paid Members

Schilling/Holloway's a weird little main card fight here, both guys are coming off debut losses so to find themselves on the main card is a big bonus to them guys. I liked the look of Holloway against Poirier though, entergetic little fucker.

The best way to breath new life is a comeback season in my opinion.

I stopped watching a few weeks back, and TUF Brazil a few weeks before that (mainly due to subtitles). UFC and MMA are oversaturated these days, you need a hook to get the viewer to tune in, a comeback show with some familiar faces and two well known coaches would do this.

• Paid Members

Yeah, Live or taped, it's still the same same show overall. The live shows do add a bit of extra intrigue to the fights, but then you lose a bit of the in house stuff. Either way the format is stale. A comeback series would be nice, but I don't see that being long term either. They need something completely new.

Archived