The Ultimate Fighter Season 15: 'Cruz vs Faber' Thread

wandshogun09

I was gutted when that fight didn't go for a third round, I honestly gave it a round a piece and both guys really gave it their all. Tickle seemed to be the only one who talked to Ronda in the house, I did find it hilarious how dumbfounded they all seemed like nervous schoolboys.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

good episode.

The fight again this week was excellent, i had it scored a round a piece. I thought Sicilia clearly won round 2, i know Saunders took the back twice but Sicilia reversed him before Saunders could even attempt a choke, plus Saunders was dropped with a left hook. Thought the first round was the closest of the two.

I'm actually favouring Urijah out of the coaches, i know most people here tend to be favouring Cruz but there's just something unlikable about him that i can't shake.

Yeah, I'm the same. I just don't like Cruz for some reason.

Good to see the lone Brit progress to the next round. He certainly surprised me, as I didn't hold out much hope for him going into the fight, and I thought his stand-up looked too robotic in the first frame, but Rio seemed to keep getting caught so I guess it was working.

His takedown defence was virtually non-existent in my opinion, so I'm not sure how much longer he'll last.

• Paid Members

The UFC's love of heavy artillery in the last episode was bordering on comedic. Mental stuff for a coaches challenge.

Agreed about the comments on Ogle. after seeing him flounder in rubberguard for the whole of his contention fight, I thought he'd be a massive weak link, but he did well and showed some game. Rio didn't really get started and was tapping before that choke was in.

Yeah, I'm the same. I just don't like Cruz for some reason.

Good to see the lone Brit progress to the next round. He certainly surprised me, as I didn't hold out much hope for him going into the fight, and I thought his stand-up looked too robotic in the first frame, but Rio seemed to keep getting caught so I guess it was working.

His takedown defence was virtually non-existent in my opinion, so I'm not sure how much longer he'll last.

Well from the first takedown he got up quick enough and the second one he reversed it into the RNC. He's still got time in the house before he fights, so there is plenty of time to help improve his wrestling.

A number of sources have reported that Dominick Cruz suffered a torn ACL while training with his team at the UFC Gym in the past few days and thus would be out of the 7/7 main event with Urijah Faber. UFC has not confirmed the injury.

It's expected more will break on this as the day goes on.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

This was on the observer twitter feed btw.

Book Faber vs Barao for 148 and then have Menjivar fight Mayday.

You lifted that word for word from Helwani's twitter, didn't you?
Yes...Yes I did but I agree with it.
Oh, I wasn't critiquing - just observing.I agree with it also, makes the most sense at this stage.

• Paid Members

Gotta be Barao. He's the only guy that makes sense to me. Faber/Barao and McDonald/Menjivar is a no brainer. I'd be surprised if they go with anything different. Shame though, although in some ways it kinda seemed too soon for a third fight to me with their last fight only last year. I reckon Barao beats Faber myself if that fight comes off.

Archived