The Ultimate Fighter Season 15: 'Cruz vs Faber' Thread

wandshogun09

I had Lawrence winning both rounds anyway, but that knockout kind of came out of nowhere. Marcello looked uncomfortable on his feet and it was obvious lawrence wasn't going to go down onto the ground with him, even though it looked more like he fell over rather than got knocked down a couple of times. I've never really like Faber and this show is kind of showing me why I don't like him even more.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good episode, liked the butt chin thong prank. The camera man fell over whoops, and Cruz's picture just at the end of the show looks like JDS now.

Tickle is a prick and yes I would love to see the Brit win this season id love the show to be a little longer I really like watching the training sessions

• Paid Members
I think the introduction of qualifying for the house has worsened the show and gets rid of some of the larger characrters before getting them in the house. This season is good though.

Yeah I agree with that.

One thing it has done though is eliminate the complete dead wood guys for the most part, there hasn't been a Jason Thacker/Wayne Weems type on the show for ages because they don't get past the qualifiers.

We also haven't really had them twats who get on the show and then start whimpering about missing their girlfriend or they can't deal with the cameras in recent years.

I kind of liked it when them guys would get in the house though. I realize that for finding the best fighters the new format is better, which should be what the show is all about. But for the reality TV side them dead wood/complainer lads made for some of my favourite TUF memories.

Who can forget Leben calling Thacker strangebrew all the time? Or BJ Penn screaming at Andy Wang to take someone down? Or Dana and everyone in the house ripping into that guy who left because he missed his bird who he'd been seeing a whole 3 months :laugh: Now everyone's the same on the show and the last few seasons have been full almost solely of 'I'm the hardest cunt here' types.

Just a little complaint, but I still love the show and the last season and this one so far have been a big improvement on the Chuck/Tito and Brock/JDS seasons.

• Paid Members

Ha I forgot Blake Bowman existed. My best memory of him was when Danzig, who'd been his mate all season, turned on him like a pitbull cos he was slagging off Danzig's mate Andy Wang. Brilliant.

I loved Danzig on that season. Saving beetles lives and going mental if anyone went near his veggies or moved his bird food.

• Paid Members

Yeah that's a point. But I do kind of miss the days of the Thacker types for some reason. And as much as I hate him, Gabe Ruediger made TUF 5 one of the most hilarious seasons ever for me. What a knob he was.

I didn't know where to put this, here seems as good a place as any.

BRAZILIAN EDITION OF REALITY SHOW THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER

...don't forget Blake 'i blew out my knee' Bowman

...or Danny Abbadi who after losing his first round fight got out of the cage and yelled "YES, I'M A UFC FIGHTER NOW!". I still think if Rob Browning was let into the house in season 9 a Team UK guy would have killed him.

Ha I forgot Blake Bowman existed. My best memory of him was when Danzig, who'd been his mate all season, turned on him like a pitbull cos he was slagging off Danzig's mate Andy Wang. Brilliant.

I loved Danzig on that season. Saving beetles lives and going mental if anyone went near his veggies or moved his bird food.

TUF 6 was my favourite season. The Team Hughes trio of Danzig, Rollins and Dorian Price were Jungle Cat hilarious.

What was Faber's logic behind "Our guy is a Jujitsu beast, and hes fighting a guy with a much longer reach, therefore our tactic will be to keep it on the feet"? During the show, I just couldnt understand the logic. During the fight, when it was clear that Faber's guy was super average standing up, not one takedown attempt was made. Crazy.

• Moderators
...or Danny Abbadi who after losing his first round fight got out of the cage and yelled "YES, I'M A UFC FIGHTER NOW!". I still think if Rob Browning was let into the house in season 9 a Team UK guy would have killed him.

Abbadi surely holds the record, probably in any reality show, of the longest run of episodes before getting any airtime. It was literally about eight episodes before you even noticed he was there.

Archived