The Ultimate Fighter Season 15: 'Cruz vs Faber' Thread

wandshogun09

• Paid Members

They did take a point for the knee. What people misunderstand is that you apply the point deduction after scoring the round. The judges all gave Chiesa the round 10-9, then they took of the penalty point and the round was scored 9-9. Another 10-9 win for Chiese in the second meant he won 19-18.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

UFC confirmed the scoring on its website, but it totally wasn't explained on TV, and they never made clear about the point deduction so you had to figure it out from the scores (the only other way to get 19-18 would be if one of the rounds was scored 10-8). Of course, having commentators might have helped in that regard.

Did anyone actually think that the point deduction was correct, i don't think Chiesa had a chance to realise larson had dropped his knee.

Also Jonathan Brookins vs Charles Oliveira has been added to the finale

• Paid Members
Did anyone actually think that the point deduction was correct, i don't think Chiesa had a chance to realise larson had dropped his knee.

I thought Larson's knee was always down, and that Chiesa threw the knee when he saw Larson move his hand off the canvas.

I thought Larson's knee was always down, and that Chiesa threw the knee when he saw Larson move his hand off the canvas.

After checking when Larson hit the cage he dropped down to one knee but its difficult to tell whether Chiesa knew he had dropped the knee

Its a contact sport accidents will happen, but Larson continued and in TUF we've seen people take dives from less.

Dispite not knowing peoples names I like the focus more on training this year.

I hope tickle gets his ass handed to him. Most of his issues are down to cardio but if you know your going to be on TUF your Cardio should be top notch.

• Paid Members

the fight kinda summed up why the 10 point must system shouldn't be used in this kind of situation, Larson clearly didnt understand the scoring i think he assumed because of the point it automatically gave him the first round, but he clearly lost it so it was a 9-9 round. The 2nd round was basically a sudden victory round.

As for the show, i think we're starting to see the negative side of the format in terms of drama. Before the whole show was edited after filming so i guess they built the stories in the house from scratch knowing how it was going to turn out. This time they pretty much have to play with what they got for the week and at the moment there's not much going on. They are clinging onto the Tickle is lazz thing but that's about it.

The focus is clearly on the live fight, which some people are clearly liking (including me) but i am missing some of the in-house drama.

• Paid Members

Good one this week. Plenty of in house stuff and less of the live studio bits which is nice. Good fight too. I think it's a safe bet that Tickle will be drinking and stirring up some stuff now that he's out.

• Paid Members

enjoyed this week's episode. You have to say though that if it wasn't for Tickle this show would be drama free, i think the UFC will give him a shot on the finale cause hes definitly got potential, hook him up with a proper camp and he could be a good. Proctor looke decent though, think i'll always side with someone from Lauzon's camp so it was nice to see him do well, he could easily have allowed himself to be overawed by Tickle but he stayed calm and did what he needed to do.

The Faber/Cruz stuff seemed so forced, the meeting outside the training center looked setup, i get a kick out of trash talk though so i can live with it.

• Paid Members
enjoyed this week's episode. You have to say though that if it wasn't for Tickle this show would be drama free, i think the UFC will give him a shot on the finale cause hes definitly got potential, hook him up with a proper camp and he could be a good. Proctor looke decent though, think i'll always side with someone from Lauzon's camp so it was nice to see him do well, he could easily have allowed himself to be overawed by Tickle but he stayed calm and did what he needed to do.

The Faber/Cruz stuff seemed so forced, the meeting outside the training center looked setup, i get a kick out of trash talk though so i can live with it.

I agree with everything you have said there and yes, the agro does seem a bit forced and scripted in parts, especially the bit outside of the centre.

Archived