The Ultimate Fighter Season 15: 'Cruz vs Faber' Thread

wandshogun09

I must say I am firmly on Team Cruz. Forced or not Faber is coming across like a right douche. This week for example in the argument they had at the weign ins when Cruz said it is about the fighters and not them and Faber came out with this witty remark.

"I dont give a shit about you Cruz"

Cruz is coming across as a softly spoken genuine guy. I really do not think he is playing up for the cameras, he seems like a very harmless guy where as Faber comes across as being right up his own backside. I hope Cruz finishes him when they fight.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I must say I am firmly on Team Cruz. Forced or not Faber is coming across like a right douche. This week for example in the argument they had at the weign ins when Cruz said it is about the fighters and not them and Faber came out with this witty remark.

Cruz is coming across as a softly spoken genuine guy. I really do not think he is playing up for the cameras, he seems like a very harmless guy where as Faber comes across as being right up his own backside. I hope Cruz finishes him when they fight.

Well you know its UFC's normally create a heel and a face in TUF, it just adds to the fight. I got to say its one of the best seasons so far its how TUF was meant all about training and fighting.

• Paid Members

Yeah I think Cruz is coming off much better of the 2 coaches so far. I always liked watching Cruz fight but he's made a bit of a fan of me on this season, seems a good bloke.

Oh yeah this has been bugging me for a couple of days now. Me and my mate were watching TUF a few days ago and I was saying I thought Justin Lawrence was the guy in the Anderson Silva 'Like Water' documentary. You know, the one who Anderson was cornering who lost and Anderson was bollocking him for not listening or something? My mate said he doesn't think it's him.

Who's right? I'm sure it looked like Lawrence in the doc and he does train at Black House. But looking up Lawrence's record I fear I'm the one who's wrong because it says he's unbeaten but the guy in Like Water lost. Maybe an amateur fight?

I can't find the link to the doc now but it's gonna irritate me until I settle it.

EDIT - Never mind. Just found the link Jim posted a few weeks back, I skipped through it and.....it's not Lawrence and in fact looks fuck all like him either :blush:

• Paid Members

Yeah, maybe he was on screen at some point in the doc or something. I've defo seen him before, been nagging me since episode 1.

While we're on the subject, here's the link to Like Water which Jim posted in the MMA News thread

http://www.putlocker.com/file/3C695CC3B5BBA875#

Well you know its UFC's normally create a heel and a face in TUF, it just adds to the fight. I got to say its one of the best seasons so far its how TUF was meant all about training and fighting.

They've done that in past seasons where there's more time for post-production, but under the new format, it's mostly what you see is what you get. Shame, because I like Faber far more as a fighter than Cruz, but there's no denying that Cruz does seem like a decent bloke.

In case Wand or anyone else is wondering.

I was interested in who that guy with Anderson was so I did a bit of googling a while, and here he is.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Damaso-Pereira-30022

His record is a bit crap. It is easy to forget there are tons of fighters who never make it to the big leagues these days, this does stand out because he comes from such a great camp.

I watched Like Water a couple of weeks ago, I'd say it's worth watching for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

I've never been a big fan of Faber, so this show is just making me dislike him even more. Cruz is coming across really well though.

I'm firmly behind Cruz when he faces Faber and I hope one of his fighters wins the show, hopefully Sam Sicilia. He seems like a nice genuine guy and obviously has some power in his punching after that knockout in his elimination fight. Dunno what the rest of his game is like but with a 10-0 record which includes 5 knockouts and 4 submissions he should be pretty well rounded.

• Paid Members
In case Wand or anyone else is wondering.

I was interested in who that guy with Anderson was so I did a bit of googling a while, and here he is.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Damaso-Pereira-30022

His record is a bit crap. It is easy to forget there are tons of fighters who never make it to the big leagues these days, this does stand out because he comes from such a great camp.

Thanks for that. Cracking new sig aswell :laugh:

Havent watched the show in a few weeks. Has Ross Pearson's coaching been featured at all in the build ups?

Really pulling for Team Cruz but would like to see Ogle win overall cause he's from our part of the world and Pearson's stated he won't participate in coaching anyone fighting Ogle that week.

• Paid Members

Ronda's arse was the best part of the episode by far. And it was a very good episode.

How awkward were the fighters around her though? Fuck sake, you'd think they'd never spoken to a girl before they way some of them carried on.

Gotta admit though, a very evil move by the UFC. Okay guys, you'll be locked in a house for months with no TV, no phones and no girls. You only have a bunch of sweaty blokes to talk too and not even enough time to sneak a crafty wank in at bedtime cos there's no privacy, But we're bringing in this hot girl to help you with your grappling. Throwing Ronda in there, and especially having her go to the house, I think whoever came up with that idea had hopes for a gangbang taking place. But...errr....not that I've been picturing that filth. Not at all.

Oh yeah and a really good fight this week aswell.

Archived