The Ultimate Fighter Season 15: 'Cruz vs Faber' Thread

wandshogun09

• Paid Members

I'll echo the praise for this week's episode. Would like to see a bit more in house stuff though like Silky said. Was a very good episode though.

Enjoyable show. The Cruz/Faber argument felt quite forced, especially when Faber accepted the apology and just went on with his business - it reminded me of when King accepted Cole's apology after Backlash (or something) and they continued as if it didn't matter.

Felt bad for Cruickshank, you could clearly see he was a better fighter but he got caught and that's that.

Cruz was great at the end. Made Faber and his team look like big girls and his his guy out like ECW Taz.

Yeah I actually think the beef between them isn't as strong as it was before their second fight. I think they kind of squashed a lot of that around that time. There were articles even before that fight took place with both saying they actually kind of got on when they were doing the promotional tours and stuff.

I'm not saying it's fake because there's obviously a lot of competitive rivalry there but I think that's all it is really. The rest is just playing up their history to hype the 3rd fight which is understandable.

Good episode missing the TUF theme (but might be on next week always like the TUF intros). What a knee talk. The new format is great they have a around 30 minutes to show some training which is nice for this series.

Keep it up UFC.

I'd be quite happy to never hear that shite again to be honest. "You're gonna get hit, you're gonna get knocked out, you're gonna feeeeel it, this is the ultimate". Fuck off. It's even shitter than 'Face The Pain'.

I'm really enjoying the series so far. And remember TUF Brazil starts on the 25th aswell. Anyone know where we're getting that yet? Probably be ufc.tv I'd imagine right?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd be quite happy to never hear that shite again to be honest. "You're gonna get hit, you're gonna get knocked out, you're gonna feeeeel it, this is the ultimate". Fuck off. It's even shitter than 'Face The Pain'.

I like them!

Still thinking about the gutsy move by Cruz originally giving up the right to pick his fighter's opponent and for this week it paid off because Urijah couldn't choose an opponent for Lawrence and worse still when he asked his team to take the fight, the silence said it all. Really bad. Surely there will be consequences because of that? Cruz got his pick back as a result.

• Paid Members

Yeah Cruz played that brilliantly.

As for the songs, I just think they seem so dated now. MMA's moved on I think.It's not like Eastenders or something, where the tune is so tied in with the show they can't change it imo.

I hate Face the Pain but I get why it's there, it sounds violent if nothing else. That TUF theme sounds awful though. Dunno about anyone else but it doesn't get me pumped up, which I'd assume was the aim, and it sounds like something a goth would cut themself to.

Mute buttons are a wonderful invention :) for that and that cunt off the Tesco ads.

• Paid Members

I think Face The Pain is a great theme, it always gets me pumped up for a PPV/show. I agree TUF theme is woeful though.

Also, I don't mind Faber/Cruz bullshitting some beef to hype a fight (it's nothing new in UFC), but they need to do a far better job than this show. Nothing worse than a forced rivalry in real sports.

Finally got around to watching this weeks show and that final fight was a complete shock. I think the knockout was as much of a shock to Vick as it was Cruikshank. It does show the importance of setting up takedowns rather than just shooting for a double leg from distance. Faber's team did look like bitches when none of them stepped forward and I think Marcello is one of the stronger guys on Faber's team so next week should be a good fight.

Have we ever had a series where one coach recently lost to the other coach? Really weird dynamic. They REALLY want Faber as a champ :)

I liked the live fight. Added something unpredictable. Good KO and Cruz had me smiling with his tactics.

Have we ever had a series where one coach recently lost to the other coach? Really weird dynamic. They REALLY want Faber as a champ :)

I liked the live fight. Added something unpredictable. Good KO and Cruz had me smiling with his tactics.

Well is Faber looses hes got 3 options really, drop to 125lbs go back to 145lbs and face aldo or even bump up to 155lb be a good wrestling match between Faber and Henderson

• Paid Members

I think Faber would be too undersized at 155. Big lightweights like Maynard and Bendo would be too strong for him I think. I could see him going back to 145 again but even then I don't see him doing any better against Aldo in a rematch either. He's better off staying put at 135 I reckon, when Aldo eventually, inevitably makes the jump to lightweight I think that's when Faber might go back up to featherweight.

• Paid Members

excellent episode.

I think there was abit of a uncertainty about the series after episode 1 but the new format seems great. The whole thing is geared toward the 'live fight' and although i always like the house stuff it definitly did a great job of building upto the fight.

The lack house stuff/training was primarily down to the Michael Chiesa thing though, that was super sad. I welled up pretty bad when he came back to the house and informed his friend, poor guy. I actually picked Chiesa early, i'll keep the pick but it's gonna be tough for him to come in with a clear head now.

The fight: We quite clearly saw one of the better guys in the house get eliminated, Vick seemed lost out there with Cruisank's movement and style but again it shows how one tiny mistake can cost someone, that knee fucking killed Ziggler. I kinda liked the post-fight interviews and stuff too, i hadn't factored in that we wouldn't get the post fight pre-taped shit so the interviews were a nice change, the live fight pick is great too.

As for the live fight pick...that's gotta go down as a TUF moment classic, Justin Lawrence must be a f'n beast because when Urijah asked for someone to fight nobody stuck their hand up, haha it was brilliant stuff. I'm actually favouring Faber because im a fan but Cruz punked him pretty f'n good. I'm pretty sure Urijah had someone in mind to pick but kept it quiet with him saying 'shall we do the finals now?' (which kinda shit on his own team ha!), wonder if it was Marcello?

Thought it was a great episode, and im fucking pumped to see next week's fight!

• Paid Members

Well is Faber looses hes got 3 options really, drop to 125lbs go back to 145lbs and face aldo or even bump up to 155lb be a good wrestling match between Faber and Henderson

the UFC definitly want Faber as champ, he's the poster boy for the lighter weights, rightfully so in some respects but he got fast tracked to a title fight with Cruz, then he got given the rematch, and TUF. If he loses he's in a weird Rich Franklin-esque spot, i think he'll go back to 145 when Aldo finally leaves the division. There's no way he can make 125 or 155 surely?

Urijah Faber needs to beat Dominick Cruz because losing a UFC Championship fight to the same guy twice means it's going to be tough to get a third shot. I thought Cruz won the second fight last year by four rounds to one, possibly three rounds to two if I'm asked again but Cruz won. Really looking forward to the third fight as I like both fighters and the first two fights they had were great. I guess Faber loses it's either back to Featherweight or stay at Bantamweight.

• Paid Members

Another good episode which left me really wanting to see the fight. The live aspect of this really does give each fight more of an important feel and that's great for the show. I'd like to say Cruz comes across a nice bloke aswell. I thought I'd be rooting for Faber but I'm definitely on Team Cruz in the rubbermatch.

Marcello looked real nervy on his feet (Chin Down!) and I was suprised he didn't really commit to getting the fight to the floor at all. Lawrence has some good power in his hands.

jlko.gif

Oh yeah, Tickle is a knob.

The live thing is a much needed shot in the arm for the show. I think the introduction of qualifying for the house has worsened the show and gets rid of some of the larger characrters before getting them in the house. This season is good though. I'm Team Cruz all the way as they have Ross Pearson (who now trains at Alliance MMA) as an assistant coach. I do however want Ogle to win the show overall, despite him being a Geordie. Lawrence looks a monster.

Anyone know where I can watch the episodes? MMA Core is proving unreliable.

Archived