The Ultimate Fighter Season 15: 'Cruz vs Faber' Thread

wandshogun09

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Book Faber vs Barao for 148 and then have Menjivar fight Mayday.

You lifted that word for word from Helwani's twitter, didn't you?
Yes...Yes I did but I agree with it.
You could have said as much instead of passing it off as your own observations ;)

For what it's worth, CM Punk's so gutted about Cruz that he's offering to drop 70lbs and fight Faber himself.

Considering he wasn't even allowed to walk to the cage with Chael Sonnen I'd say his chat is worth fuck all.

For what it's worth, CM Punk's so gutted about Cruz that he's offering to drop 70lbs and fight Faber himself.

What a twat he is. Would love to see someone knock him out in a mma fight

The first quarter-final matches were pretty decent I think, with the Lawrence/Chiesa fight being one of the better of the season so far in my opinion.The first fight was a fairly simple affair to score as Proctor really didn't do anything to suggest he was really in the fight.

Vick looked a lot more competent than he did in his first fighter where he pretty much won by fluke. As David said though Procter didn't do a lot to impress in that fight apart from getting a few decent combos in, but he never followed up on them. Chiesa did really well to pull out the win, I thought he had lost, but that sweep was great going straight into full mount and then just unleashing the G 'N' P. Lawrence looked completely lost as soon as Chiesa was on top, he should have tried to grab a wrist and pull guard at least.

Another interesting episode I thought. Chris Saunders gave a good effort, and I scored the first frame in his favour, with the second going to Pichel, but I have no doubt what the outcome of the fight would have been had we seen a third round.Andy Ogle was simply outclassed. I thought he was a tad lucky to get the win in his first bout against Rio, but Iaquinta seemed to have his number from the off.

Another interesting episode I thought. Chris Saunders gave a good effort, and I scored the first frame in his favour, with the second going to Pichel, but I have no doubt what the outcome of the fight would have been had we seen a third round.Andy Ogle was simply outclassed. I thought he was a tad lucky to get the win in his first bout against Rio, but Iaquinta seemed to have his number from the off.

Exactly my thoughts, that first fight definitely should have gone to a third round. Ogle wasn't doing too badly, but he was simply outclassed in the end.

• Paid Members

think it was pretty obvious early on that Ogle was outgunned on his feet, he was trading but there didn't seem to be an steam on his shots and Al was hitting very hard, just felt like a matter of time...The KO was nasty, i think with crowd reaction and stuff it sometimes masks how brutal and unsettling a knockout is, the fact that no one really celebrated and you could hear the smack of the elbow on Ogle's face just made a very unpleasant piece of viewing. Ogle will definitly be on the finale though, he's been one of the plus points of what has been a very bland season, he's a weird fucker but i like him.The live format has been a success fight-wise but its definitly harmed the overall quality of the show, i'll give em a pass cause it's new and they are clearly still experimenting with shit but some of the stuff live post-fight is just excruciating. This week's introduction of Renan Barao was poorly done, it feels like your watching a really poor quality show whereas the UFC is usually as polished and slick as anything. I miss the drama of the house too, i think it's split down the middle on what fans think the show needs to be about, there was a lot of people who called for a trimming of the in-house shit after stuff like the Junie Browning episdoes but it made for f'n must-see TV, obviously Junie was a special case, but the personalities this season just aren't there, outside of Tickle, Ogle & Lawrence is a pretty bland bunch (i'd in Chiesa but he only got major TV time under tragic circumstances). oh, Stephan Bonnar is lobbying to coach the next season opposite Forrest Griffin too, im well up for that.

Well Vick had a good first round, but as soon as Chiesa got on top you knew it was over, Vick just freezes on the bottom. Pichel/Iaquinta was a close one and I was expecting it to go to a third round. I can see Iaquinta winning this one because Chiesa is always a little off on his feet when he's being pressed. So I see Iaquinta's standup deafeating Chiesa's wrestling, because Chiesa never really faced a wrestler on the show and he has still struggled to get guys down a lots of the time. Everyone is going to fight in the finale apart Ogle because of him getting knocked out. But Ogle chased after Dana and he's going to let him fight on the Nottingham card in september.

Archived