Raw Discussion 20/2/12 *SPOILERS*

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
The Rock can say "this business is in my blood" all he wants. Fact is he wouldn't have done it at all if it wasn't for the fact he couldn't even get into the CFL, and even then only was full time for about five years. Whereas Cena was in UPW with Chris Masters ages and ages ago. He did the Chris Masters thing of building the body to get into wrestling, not getting into wrestling because he failed like The Rock.

Yet another reason to jump on the bus and ride TEAM CENA.

I know that's not your point, but I'm doing the propaganda innit.

That's not true actually. Cena's big dream was to become a world class body builder, but wasn't good enough to compete at the elite level. So he went into wrestling.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Everyone who relentlessly shouted 'what' during Undertaker's promo should die a slow and painful death.

I'd expand this to anyone who shouts it ever now. But it was particularly shit and annoying during this segment.

I think the only thing you can do, as a wrestler, is to ignore the "what"s and hope they stop. You twats who went to Wembley were doing it to Sting for Christ's sake.

I think the only thing you can do, as a wrestler, is to ignore the "what"s and hope they stop. You twats who went to Wembley were doing it to Sting for Christ's sake.

Someone - I think it was Vince, or maybe Michael Cole - had a great way to power through it. As soon as the 'whats' started, they just started talking straight through without pausing for anything more than half a second. The fans gave up.

Everyone who relentlessly shouted 'what' during Undertaker's promo should die a slow and painful death.

He was slow and cutting a shit promo up untill Trips came out. I dont blame the crowd. Undertaker lost them.

• Moderators

He should have broke out the "Say what if you sleep with your sister", then got on his motorbike and rode up the ramp.

I miss the American Badass. Must be the only person on earth who preferred that gimmick to The Deadman.

• Paid Members
He should have broke out the "Say what if you sleep with your sister", then got on his motorbike and rode up the ramp.

I miss the American Badass. Must be the only person on earth who preferred that gimmick to The Deadman.

Absolutely not! I much preferred it, too. Nothing against the various incarnations of The Deadman, I think he's changed things up remarkably frequently with that character. But the different face and heel versions of American Badass, his demeanour, his look, his promos and even his matches were just in a different class. He was brilliant. I think it deserves a thread of its own at some point, to be honest.

The Undertaker is just fucking great.

• Paid Members

I did think for a second that he might bust that line out again, that was a cracker. Especially when some of the dumb arses still said it afterwards.

I definitely preferred the Bad Ass Undertaker over the magic powers version. I don't think I rated much (possibly any) of Undertaker's storylines between 2004 and the second Shawn Michaels WrestleMania. Then his Kane feud was awful, but I've really enjoyed his Clint Eastwood gimmick for these Triple H feuds. Biker Undertaker was forever coming out with great lines and moments.

• Moderators
I definitely preferred the Bad Ass Undertaker over the magic powers version. I don't think I rated much (possibly any) of Undertaker's storylines between 2004 and the second Shawn Michaels WrestleMania. Then his Kane feud was awful, but I've really enjoyed his Clint Eastwood gimmick for these Triple H feuds. Biker Undertaker was forever coming out with great lines and moments.

I thought it was a tremendous gimmick for a face. Coming out of the shadows on a motherfucking Harley to awesome music (which was only awesome when he'd come out to it) to mess people up. It was brilliant. Bikers are supercool. Far cooler than Zombies.

Case in point, the DOA gimmick even nearly made The Harris Brothers not seem like the shittest wrestlers of all time. Nearly.

I didn't enjoy his "GET OUT OF MY YARD!" phase though, as he just reminded me of an old man at the end of the street who'd say "You're not getting your ball back, I'll pop it next time. There's a field down there, play there. Stop kicking your ball in my garden".

• Paid Members

If Austin hadnt come back from his original neck surgury in 2000, it would be a shame that we didnt get the WrestleMania X7 match, but it would have been worth it just to get rid of those "what?" chants. Its done more damage to the business than any angle in history I think. At least you can have control over the Red Rooster or TL Hopper. Those "what?" chants are the worst.

Archived