Raw Discussion 20/2/12 *SPOILERS*

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very interesting Raw. Yeah, HHH still walking out after Undertakers comment would have been cool but they had to pull the trigger sometime and Hell In A Cell is gonna be epic.

I'm hoping and praying we get double blood. Both men 'went off script' last year with the chair shot to the head and, even if Vince doesn't green light it, I can imagine both have enough money/clout that if they did bleed all over the place the repercussions would be minor at most.

After 4 and a half years they have finally let Eve show some personality. Sure, it was cheesey but her breakdown could [hopefully] be the start of a new character....unless she's kept off TV for a few weeks and then re-appears like nothing's happened, of course.

Anyone else notice the 'Funkasaurus Extinct' sign?

Cena's promo was great. Can't really say much more.

Shame Beth didn't come out and proclaim that there is no Diva as dominant as her, no-one left to beat etc. and then have Kharma return but, maybe next week.....

So, let's see - we've got HHH v Undertaker, Rock v Cena, Sheamus v D.Bryan, Punk v Jericho, Kharma v Beth [probably].....

Any ideas for other matches?

Probaby Del Rio vs Randy Orton (Mr Excitement backing DR and Teddy backing Orton). Winner gets to be General manager of both brands.

MITB match too. Expecting the likes of Cody, Miz, Dolph, R-truth, Kingston, Swagger, Christian, Santino to be in there.

Ohhh, and most probably Kane vs Ryder.

Big Shaq vs Big Show too.

I'l go out and say that this Mania has the potential to be as good as Mania 17 if not better if booked correctly. Give the matchs the right time, the right booking and it could be unbelievable.

Raw was amazing, mostly throughout.

-Cena's promo. Wow.

-Taker vs HHH Hell in a Cell. Wow.

-Actually looking forward to the prospect of Jericho/Punk. Could be the show stealer. Give them 20/30 mins.

-Bryan is a great heel. Cowardly and cocky when facing the likes of The Big Show, but can also come across like a complete vicious bastard in the ring.

-Eve is underated. Can actually cut a good promo.

-Diva's match = snooze.

-No Swagger or US title. He's made that title non existent recently.

Next week The Rock needs to come out strong. Seriously strong. This is a guy who we all favoured growing up. If he comes out with his 'i'll whoop your ass' when Cena's using rationality, common sense and reason it isnt going to end well with Rocky. He'l look like a fool. Give us a reason to why you think Cena is a phony, why he gets boo'ed.

I'm torn. Cena or Rocky? hmmmmm.

• Paid Members

One thing i do hope, is they retire the HIAC gimmick for a while after this though. Over the years HHH and Taker have been the two marquee performers in these matches, and (almost) all of the memorable ones have featured one or the other. Would be a good way to give the gimmick a bit of a rest after overexposing it so much in the past few years.

Maaaan, that was a good promo.

No, more than that, that was a great promo. That felt real, it felt from the heart. I don't know if it is or not, and it doesn't matter, though I reckon there's a lot of what he said that he really believes. I also liked him using the phrase 'professional wrestler', it's something the figurehead of the sport should be proud to say.

Cena should always be that character, if he was I'd probably watch Raw more than twice a year.

I'm entirely on Team Cena, both in storyline terms and for real. Can't wait for the match.

Hope Dolph and Wade are alright, both deserve something at 'mania. Otunga is my new hero and Big Zeke must surely be looking at being caught in the post wrestlemania cull.

I think Dolph's fine, he was gone a long while before they had move Wade.

Ziggler was fine, he was obviously just doing the big sell. He wrestled against Punk in one of the dark match main events after.

Cena's promo was fantastic. Will be one of those YouTube gems that people can pull out in years to come. Rest of the show was 'blah' to me, but glad some here enjoyed it.

You'll notice the crowd whatted Taker, but didn't do that to Cena. Think people can just 'feel' when something is special and faux-real. They know when they have to sit up and pay fucking attention! That's why that garbage from last week with all the performers standing at podiums was so stupid. So pantomime, and so worthless. And also why the what chants were deafeningly loud at times. It wasn't important or real on any level. It was just some stagey crap. People instinctively know the difference.

Hence why I hate it when people defend episodes of Raw that are just a combination of 'good' matches and some stagey/nonsensical fake crap. They are not good! They don't connect. Only really worth praising if things are gonna stick/resonate. The Monday Night War era was compelling appointment television. Let's not just accept guff now.

So yeah, this wasn't bad overall. But also wasn't amazing. Would call it a step in the right direction though.

• Moderators
The Monday Night War era was compelling appointment television. Let's not just accept guff now.

Some of it was, lots wasn't. It wasn't exactly all fucking fine and dandy. In fact, the WWF mid card was an absolute joke until The Radicals moved over. There was a shit load of guff back then, with the dodgy Crash TV ethos and constant heel/face changes. Did they stick and resonate? Did they fuck.

• Paid Members
Hopefully they wave the no blood rule for one night because Hell in a Cell in the no blood era is just pants imo.

I'm really looking forward to it though.

It's waive. Sorry to be a pedant, but that currently means they are waving about a bit of paper with rules on it, rather than waiving the rule.

The Monday Night War era was compelling appointment television. Let's not just accept guff now.

Some of it was, lots wasn't. It wasn't exactly all fucking fine and dandy. In fact, the WWF mid card was an absolute joke until The Radicals moved over. There was a shit load of guff back then, with the dodgy Crash TV ethos and constant heel/face changes. Did they stick and resonate? Did they fuck.

WWF midcard had guys like Road Dogg, Godfather, Val Venis, Goldust etc. Who were very memorable and over FOR THE TIME. They did stick and resonate and entertain in a big way. I disagree with you. Those same characters probably wouldn

• Moderators

The Eve turn was fine apart from it being incredibly rushed. As per usual WWE used her to get Cena some cheap support. Big Fatty at ringside was more than happy to call her a whore while snapping photos of her arse on his iPhone. Pretty much sums up the WWE mentality towards women.

Cena's promo was great. I went from initial not being interested to entirely drawn in.

HHH/Taker was good stuff. Why Taker didn't show his bald head I don't know. Agreed with the poofter in chat who said "lol wait what hbk?" made it a bit too sudden. Perhaps if they'd had Taker show up earlier in the evening and with HHH saying no and Taker ending it with the HBK stuff. Then leaving HHH to stew over it during the course of the show and then having him being unable to deal with it and agreeing to the match later on. Think that would've drawn a bit more drama out of it.

• Moderators
WWF midcard had guys like Road Dogg, Godfather, Val Venis, Goldust etc. Who were very memorable and over FOR THE TIME. They did stick and resonate and entertain in a big way. I disagree with you. Those same characters probably wouldn

Archived