Raw Discussion 20/2/12 *SPOILERS*

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Cena's promo was fucking great, the best wrestling promo's always come when they blur that line between reality and fiction. I'd love to know how much of what Cena was going to say the Rock knew about, cause there's some touchy shit being said. I'd love to know if it's a case of trying one-upsmanship or if it's 100% mutually agreed on with what's going to be said. Regardless it was fantastic stuff. I'm by no means a Cena fan either, to me he represents the direction of wrestling that i don't care for but you have to respect him as a performer... it also goes to show how much different things are when they bring real emotions into play, the difference between the quality of Cena's work last night compared to the absolute shite he was doing with Kane/Ryder for the past month is like night and day.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
The truth? What's the truth? None of what Cena said is a lie. The only retort is surely "you would have done the same if you had the chance" and that isn't a fact, it's speculation. Though probably true.

I'd guess Rock's just going to re-run his fruity pebbles promo from last year. Strudel. Lol.

Hopefully we get more of that.

Whilst I really enjoyed Cenas promo it really wasn't any better than what he was pulling out when The Rock first called him out a year ago, infact it was about the same. Still good stuff though and I look forward to more from Cena, im somebody that has been won over by him in the last 8 months or so.

• Paid Members

It totally was. He was dog shit in his exchanges with the Rock last year. They were all laced with jokes and faux Attitude era shite to try and tap into the little nostalgia trip the WWE was on. Most of his promos were all said with a smile and a joke to get little digs in at the Rock, because he wasnt actually feuding with the Rock in 2011. Last year, he had to bend over for the Rock's return. The promo last night was a massive change of pace from the above it all Cena character. Cena looked flustered. His promo was similar to the direction they took Bret Hart's promos in back in 1997, where the people who hate him cant look past how right he actually is, and the people who love him are going "THANK YOU FOR TELLING THE TRUTH!" Or even better, he was like when Batista suddenly looked like the best promo man in the business after years of being put on a lead. Cena's tone, facial expressions and delivery were not the norm.

Cena didn't look like a bloke who'd come out the next night grinning if he lost to the Rock.

• Paid Members

I just finished watching Cena's promo, fucking brilliant stuff. Really wish he was that good all the time. I agree that it blew any of last year's promos out of the water.

I'm way more excited about Mania after the HiaC announcement too. What a spectacle that's going to be.

The lead into Elimation Chamber was pretty awful I thought, but it seems the Road to WrestleMania really started last night.

It totally was. He was dog shit in his exchanges with the Rock last year. They were all laced with jokes and faux Attitude era shite to try and tap into the little nostalgia trip the WWE was on. Most of his promos were all said with a smile and a joke to get little digs in at the Rock, because he wasnt actually feuding with the Rock in 2011. Last year, he had to bend over for the Rock's return. The promo last night was a massive change of pace from the above it all Cena character. Cena looked flustered. His promo was similar to the direction they took Bret Hart's promos in back in 1997, where the people who hate him cant look past how right he actually is, and the people who love him are going "THANK YOU FOR TELLING THE TRUTH!" Or even better, he was like when Batista suddenly looked like the best promo man in the business after years of being put on a lead. Cena's tone, facial expressions and delivery were not the norm.

Cena didn't look like a bloke who'd come out the next night grinning if he lost to the Rock.

In fairness, Cena did do one bang-on-the-money, non-hilarious promo when he went face to face with Rock on the RAW before 'Mania. This week's RAW was that turned up to 11.

• Paid Members

Not much to add from me. Tremendous promo from Cena. Good stuff from HHH/Cena. Better than last week's show in every way. Worst elbow drop ever from Aksanna.

Also I think C.M. Punk made that girl's entire year when he shook her hand before sitting down for commentary. 50 seconds in here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...;v=fIC14HD5Two#!

Cena's tone, facial expressions and delivery were not the norm.

This. He seemed like a different bloke. Now bearing in mind I dont watch Raw as much as I should so I don't know if he's been acting like this for a while but he was intense as fuck during that promo, I was finding myself falling under the age old spell of "Does he actually mean what he's saying or is it 100% a work". Definately one of the best promos of the modern era. Hopefully Rock doesn't reply with some generic bullshit and come up with a promo that really means something. I'm really starting to get behind they hype for this match now, which up until this promo, I wasn't hugely fussed about.

This has probably been mentioned but I thought it was odd that Taker did the whole patronising tap on the shoulder to HHH when he said Hell in a Cell and now they are advertising it. When HHH did that it meant no, so how should I have read what Taker meant from that? Sort of a "Thanks, you've played into my hands"

• Paid Members
Takers bald right? We saw him cutting it. Although the shaul was very fetching they should of had the balls for him to unveil the baldness and deliver his reasons in the promo. When will they unveil now without it being a bit awkward?

If they're going down the route of 'Taker having gone a bit insane then I think that during an altercation with HHH the hood will come off to reveal his new, presumably satanic, look whilst HHH backs away in absolute horror

Archived