Smackdown SPOILERS

The Natural

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shame that Brodus has gone missing, he'd have been a nice replacement.

Pleased it's Santino though, out of the other realistic contenders. These Chamber matches are boring as fuck to me when you just stick all the main eventers in there. Okay, so I know they will win the things, but it's nice to spice up the middle portions with underdogs, just like the Rumble.

Christian or Henry to replace him a la Edge/Kofi the other year though, could totally see that.

I wish I hadn't had the big Santino win spoiled for me, it was a great moment. I really hope they don't rehash the Edge/Kofi thing to put Christian Button in there. Cracking end to the main event, he had the crowd completely behind him. McIntyre put in a top performance too, and I'm quite a fan of Otunga these days.

Bryan was good again, they cut to a crowd shot for the face-spitting so I hadn't a clue what he'd done to upset Sheamus that much. I thought maybe he got his knob out.

I skipped most of the autbooked stuff this week.

• Paid Members
Jericho and Punk already have a storyline built into their little feud. It doesnt really need the belt.

A feud about who is the best wrestler in the world doesn't need the belt? Of course it does. Otherwise it's completely illogical.

Jericho and Punk already have a storyline built into their little feud. It doesnt really need the belt.

A feud about who is the best wrestler in the world doesn't need the belt? Of course it does. Otherwise it's completely illogical.

Agreed. Punk has done more to get me to care about the belt and Jericho in the month, then Cena and Rock have done in a year.

Cena and Rock is a personal feud, Punk and Jericho should be about the belt.

• Paid Members

The storyline itself is already completely illogical since "the best wrestlers in the world" will be on just before Awesome Kong slaps Beth Phoenix about for the purple belt. The belts never been mentioned by Jericho anyway. He's jealous that someones stole his nickname, not that someone else is holding the belt. The 'Best Wrestler In The World' tag obviously means nothing, since Undertaker and Triple H are the "dying breed" and Rock and Cena are "mainstream celebrities" (both of which were mentioned on Raw).

Agreed with whoever it was the other day that said Jericho's already just another guy on the roster. He looks like something from TNA's 2003 roster with his kickpads and his joke jacket.

• Paid Members
The storyline itself is already completely illogical since "the best wrestlers in the world" will be on just before Awesome Kong slaps Beth Phoenix about for the purple belt.

Irrelevent.

Agreed with whoever it was the other day that said Jericho's already just another guy on the roster. He looks like something from TNA's 2003 roster with his kickpads and his joke jacket.

Was always going to happen as soon as it became obvious that they had no intention of making Jericho any different to the sulky little boy heel character he always plays. Those first couple of appearances were intriguing but they had shit all to follow it up with. So all of us who said "It's intriguing, let it play out" after that first appearance look fucking stupid now.

I do as well. Have done since all the "Jericho should be a creepy horror movie character, the girl from The Grudge can work in wrestling!" mongs started crying.

"The Best Wrestler in the World (besides all those better ones who are on above us)" feud is already doomed. The belt shouldn't be anywhere near anyone other than Rock and Cena on the night, and if it's not, if they're determined to put it on a throwaway match... Well, it's as much use being Ziggler vs Sheamus as it is Jericho vs Punk.

They both call themselves "the best in the World" whether they are holding the belt or not. The belt would lend some credibility to their claims, but realistically it isn't needed. In fact, I'd say it either needs both the WWE and World Titles, or neither.

• Paid Members
and I'm quite a fan of Otunga these days.

Me too, he's settled into his role well, and he isn't terrible in the ring like some make him out to be.

Plus, when he accompanied his wife Jennifer Hudson at the Grammys, he rocked the bow tie gimmick mode on the red carpet!

Ah Santino I can't begrudge that victory, it was awesome. Even though it was perhaps the least star studded Battle Royal in history. Add me to the David Otunga fan club too, he's doing great with his current role.

Honestly if someone is getting attacked before entering the Chamber I hope its Khali and not Santino.

Decent show though, and Smackdown didn't start with Teddy Long coming out interrupting bickering rivals and setting up a match! *shock*

For myself, that was bad. Real, real bad. The worst Smackdown for my personal tastes since the one before Vengeance in Mexico I think. I wasn't expecting much from the spoilers, but I still hated it. How many times am I supposed to sit through the same meaningless mid card match, for no reason week after week? It's ridiculous. On the positive side though, Mark Henry's insults to The Big Show tickled me, and Show's rage was pretty cool. Also Santino being in the thing has made Khali's involvement sound much better, so it's not all so grim I guess.

Archived