Smackdown SPOILERS

The Natural

I pretty much dislike everything about Santino.

That said, the main event just was wrestling. It was beautiful, triumphant, uplifting and, actually, rather heart warming. I wish I hadn't known beforehand. If they go down the hokey 'OH! LOOK HE'S BEEN BEATEN DOWN! LETS REWARD THE PERSON THAT'S GONE DONE IT WITH A TITLE MATCH! route, i'll be heartbroken.

If D-Bry is going to Mania, they could do worst than having him and Santino as the last two in the match; a few false finishes in Santino's favour would have the live crowd soiling themselves, I think.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't get how anyone can hate Santino.

The guy gets fantastic reactions when he's pushed like this, he's NOT actually that bad in the ring, he plays his character to perfection and people care about him more than they do a lot of meaningless people on the roster.

Why not have an underdog character in the Chamber? It worked for him in the Rumble finish last year, and it worked here as well. I'm not saying he should win it, but if I were to list who actually gets their character booked right, and who performs it the best he'd be up there near the top.

He's been ridiculously consistent when given the chance.

• Paid Members

Love the finish to the battle royal, the crowd were ecstatic about Santino's victory. Magic stuff.

Considering the lack of stars on the show, I thought they did well to sow the first seeds of Sheamus challenging Bryan and possibly set up a short Otunga vs Santino match for WrestleMania, representing their GMs.

If i was booking Smackdown until Mania now, i think i'd have The Big Show take the title tomorrow, and have him defend against Sheamus at Mania. That would free up Bryan/Orton to feud with Orton wanting vengeance for Bryan costing him a chance at the World Title at EC. Does anyone thing we're going to get a match for control of Raw & Smackdown at Mania with Teddy and Mr Excitment in there respective talents corners?

Jericho and Punk already have a storyline built into their little feud. It doesnt really need the belt.

A feud about who is the best wrestler in the world doesn't need the belt? Of course it does. Otherwise it's completely illogical.

They both call themselves "the best in the World" whether they are holding the belt or not. The belt would lend some credibility to their claims, but realistically it isn't needed. In fact, I'd say it either needs both the WWE and World Titles, or neither.

Totally agree. When Jericho first called himself the best in the world he was the undisputed champion. I thought the feud had legs, if Punk was claiming to be the best in the world while never having known how it felt to be undisputed. Just the WWE title in the match is meaningless. And fighting over the moniker is just weak.

Just caught the end of Mahal vs Jackson. By god that were shite. They were saying Big Zeke is the "personification of Domination" then 1 min later he taps to a camel clutch?! And the crowd clearly didn't give a fuck about either man. Zeke looks shit since he grew in his receding 'fro too. Hope they both go in the post-mania endeavours clearout.

Archived