Smackdown SPOILERS

The Natural

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The problem with Zeke is that, if your gimmick is that you're a massive muscle monster 'personification of domination' type character, then as soon as you start doing jobs on Superstars, or tapping out to nobodies like Mahal, you're dead- the game's up. The fans aren't going to give a fuck about you anymore. That's what happened to Zeke after his face turn from The Corre completely bombed.

He's got a great look, but no intensity. It's not that his moves are shit, or he can't perform them adequately, it's the fact that despite his size, he's not believable as a monster that makes him shite.

Mason Ryan is in the same boat. He tapped out to Jack Swagger this week. I'd have no problem with either of them getting Future Endeavoured now.

Exactly. He has a gimmick and nickname that is the total opposite of how he is portrayed. The problem they have is that they are unwilling to have too many monsters on the roster at the same time, but employ these big dudes like Zeke, Ryan etc and job them out, or make them look interchangeable. It's typical booking. Have loads of guys, do fuck all with a lot of them, then wonder why they aren't over.

• Paid Members

Monsters are just really hard to book in the modern era. They aren't sustainable characters when you've got so much TV time to fill. You have to humanise them sooner or later and then they become just another average worker, filling out the undercard. Who was the last great monster? It was probably Brock Lesnar, almost a decade ago now.

Either Umaga or Mark Henry. But they don't have any jobbers as such just a load of guys we aren't meant to give a shit about. So they either use them as cannon fodder or build those same guys up so THEY mean something. Dibiase vs Hunico and Mahal vs Zeke? Are they really what anyone wants to see? None of them have been built up or had any reason for fans to care about them, but are on tv every week regardless.

• Paid Members

Good shouts on Umaga and Henry. I too forgot about Henry, because his status as the top monster heel seems somewhat uncertain right now. I hope to God he gets fit and reclaims that World Title this year, but I don't know if the poor timing of this current injury has tested Vince's patience too much to ever push him as hard as they did again.

I didn't really enjoy SmackDown but did enjoy Santino winning the Battle Royal. I like the guy I'd like to see him become more credible again as he has been buried for far too long and its a shame as the fans do give a shit about him. He's not bad in the ring and does a great job with the gimmick. Kudo's to the WWE for giving him abit of a push. Bryan's gonna win the Chamber I recon.

Archived