WON 2011 Awards

Dearly Devoted Dexter

The criteria:.................

Which answers one question... and then raises another;

3. MOST OUTSTANDING WRESTLER: This is based on working ability in the ring only. Simply, the best workers in the world on a consistent basis over the past year. Drawing power, charisma and push shouldn't be considered.

11. BEST TECHNICAL WRESTLER - This is for having the ability to use high level technical wrestling moves within the context of building a great worked pro wrestling match.

What's the difference between those??

• Paid Members

There are separate categories for technical, brawling and high-flying. Most outstanding is an overall in-ring award. For example, in his prime Dean Malenko might have been a candidate for technical, while prime Eddy Guerrero would be a candidate for most outstanding.

The criteria:.................

Which answers one question... and then raises another;

3. MOST OUTSTANDING WRESTLER: This is based on working ability in the ring only. Simply, the best workers in the world on a consistent basis over the past year. Drawing power, charisma and push shouldn't be considered.

11. BEST TECHNICAL WRESTLER - This is for having the ability to use high level technical wrestling moves within the context of building a great worked pro wrestling match.

What's the difference between those??

I would guess that "technical wrestling moves" (as used in the BEST TECHNICAL explanation) really means mat-based wrestling; i.e holds, submissions, chain-wrestling, that kind of thing. The MOST OUTSTANDING is overall working ability, in-ring (of no single particular style).

So for example, Rey Misterio could win MOST OUTSTANDING, because of his exciting, consistent in-ring work, but he wouldn't win BEST TECHNICAL because he is more of a Lucha/Highflyer, than a technical, mat-based grappler.

Must say, Tanahashi has got a good look for a Chinese bloke.

It wasn't funny when the arsehole announcer at Indypendence Day 2008 said 'the Chinese blokes aren't here' (referring to NJPW stars who had pulled out weeks before) and I don't think it's funny here either. I'm no Japanophile but it's not that clever really.

Big Eddie's description of the difference between the awards proves that many of them are fairly arbitrary, really.

• Moderators

I'm hoping Chinese Tanahashi starts chucking salt and Pearl Harbouring like all the yella fellas in the US at some point.

Davey Richards to get "Most Outstanding" though? Pisstake. His match against Edwards at Final Battle was proof positive of why he's actually quite dump. "We aren't getting a reaction cosplaying strong style? Let's nut each other full on. Oh wait, that's not getting a reaction either."

rovertslapper1.jpg

• Paid Members

It wasn't funny when the arsehole announcer at Indypendence Day 2008 said 'the Chinese blokes aren't here' (referring to NJPW stars who had pulled out weeks before) and I don't think it's funny here either. I'm no Japanophile but it's not that clever really.

Lighten up for once you moody git.

• Paid Members

He's a Rangers fan.

Yeah, it's a bit like how I always thought Booker T looked pretty good...for a nigger.

CM Punk's the best interview? They've clearly not been keeping up with the Hulkster's blaize trailing UK media tour.

I presume they mean Punk's straight edge gimmick for the Gimmick of the Year award, as opposed to the smug, unlikeable, ratings killer.

Archived