UKFF Argumental Challenge

A Screen Up

SECOND ROUND

Entries to be submitted by Sunday 5th February at 9:00PM. (Strictly no later than this please.)

Scenarios.

(A) - Choose a match; argue why this is the greatest ever.
(B) - Choose a wrestler; argue why they are the greatest ever.
© - Choose an event; argue why it was the greatest ever.
(D) - Choose a wrestling DVD/video; argue why it was the best ever.
(E) - Choose a championship tite; argue why it is the best ever.
(F) - Choose an era from any promotion; argue why it is the best ever.
(G) - Choose a gimmick match type; argue why it is the best ever.
(H) - Choose a storyline or angle; argue why it is the best ever.

You can choose the same answer as your opponent

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
SECOND ROUND

Entries to be submitted by Sunday 5th February at 9:00PM. (Strictly no later than this please.)

Yeah, I'm going to have to bow out from this, then. I'm away in Manchester until Saturday from tomorrow and on Sunday I'm going out for a day in London with my family. Give tom a bye.

I'm quite chuffed at getting through, but I think the truth was Chris B got sidetracked with enforcing the brand split and I won on a technicality. Shame as Chris B imo is very good at putting his point across in most scenarios and I'd have thought a front runner for this contest.

Oh well, pretty sure I've got a DVd already.

• Paid Members
I'm quite chuffed at getting through, but I think the truth was Chris B got sidetracked with enforcing the brand split and I won on a technicality. Shame as Chris B imo is very good at putting his point across in most scenarios and I'd have thought a front runner for this contest.

Oh well, pretty sure I've got a DVd already.

That wasn't what the question meant? That's how I interpreted the question. That the "Raw+Smackdown Supershow" idea isn't better than the actual brand split.

• Paid Members

Bracket E vs Gladstone Small

Arguing that : WWE's World Heavyweight Championship is the best Championship ever

Big-gold-belt-WWE.jpg

Take a championship that's been going for ten years in WWE with esteemed champions such as Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Batista, John Cena, Undertaker and Edge, and it would be prestigious. Now take the same championship and factor in its previous ten year stint as WCW's title to add greats such as Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Lex Luger, Randy Savage and even The Rock to the list of former holders, and it would be special. But we're not done yet, not by a long shot. You now need to trace its lineage all the way back to the 1904 reign of George Hackenschmidt and add in the NWA lineage which gives you Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes and Flair at his very best as previous holders. And with all that history, prestige and specialness, you just don't have an important championship but you have THE best championship of all time.

Now, championships come and go in wrestling, it's just the nature of the beast but what makes the World Heavyweight Championship different is that in one form or another it's always been around and now that it's nestled in the arms of the WWE machine then it's likely that it will be around forever. Everyone that matters in this industry in terms of North America has held it, every major star has had the honour of being its champion and it's a championship that means many things to many people.

For some, it's the beautiful Big Gold Belt that was the heart and soul of WCW, that saw Goldberg go through absolutely everyone to win; it's the belt that Lex Luger racked his way to in 1997 as one of the most over guys in both WCW and WWF at the time, and the belt that defined an entire company and era. For others it's the championship that was so important that when WCW and WWF went to war in 2001 even the WWF wanted a piece of the action so much that they sent The Rock after it.

And for others, it's the championship that Bischoff brought back to RAW and, no matter how much WWE want to erase the result from history, was the prize on the line in the main event of the event constantly referred to as the biggest and most important event up to that point in the most iconic building in wrestling; WrestleMania XX in Madison Square Garden. It was where it all began again, and this championship was at the very heart of it.

And besides all that, it's a fucking beautiful bastard of a belt isn't it?! It's all gold and big and it just screams of prestige, honour and importance; who the fuck wouldn't want that?

454 Words

• Paid Members
(G) - Choose a gimmick match type; argue why it is the best ever.

tiger rick vs. Bernard Rage

This is a tough question. To answer it, you have to eliminate dozens and dozens of matches which have been the brain child of one promoter or another over the past 60-odd years. To start with, you can discount the one-time feud-enders and the regional gimmicks. You can discount the matches associated with just one wrestler and the endless variations of the

Archived