UKFF Argumental Challenge

A Screen Up

A bit late for suggestions I know but I think this could be an interesting twist. Perhaps for the next round, everyone sees what the subject is but only those involved know which side they will be arguing. They then send their entries to you and you post them. People then vote for or against.

By making the submissions anonymous, it might lead to a better thought out vote. What do you think?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any chance of a War Games Argumental? Two people argue against each other, then the next hour someone else joins in and it'd be 2 on 1. Each hour, someone else would join in the argument until someone surrenders. Or is knocked unconscious.

It started off as a joke...but boy does it have potential.

Any chance of a War Games Argumental? Two people argue against each other, then the next hour someone else joins in and it'd be 2 on 1. Each hour, someone else would join in the argument until someone surrenders. Or is knocked unconscious.

It started off as a joke...but boy does it have potential.

Piss off.

A bit late for suggestions I know but I think this could be an interesting twist. Perhaps for the next round, everyone sees what the subject is but only those involved know which side they will be arguing. They then send their entries to you and you post them. People then vote for or against.

By making the submissions anonymous, it might lead to a better thought out vote. What do you think?

I think Screen Up said there's a judging panel rather than it being a public vote (although it's a vote for the final, so definitely a good idea for that).

I'm liking that idea, Keith. I've just spoken to the lads I'm doing the judging with and they suggested to do your idea for the semi finals as well as the final. I think it will work well so that's how we'll play it. Thanks for the input.

No, thank you, man. Good idea for a thread you have here!

• Paid Members

[bRACKET F]

Chilli Dog - The BarbarIAN

The stable does not fill a place in wrestling anymore.

I am just going to argue this in favor of national promotions, but stables have no function in the current wrestling climate. At the moment the last great stable in WWE was Evolution. Way back in 2003/Mid 2004 when the group was at there peak. Evolution had the standard official stable members. The Top Dog, The mid-card title worker and the tag team. How many of them in today's WWE can be pulled off? The chances of any are not likely due to the fact WWE does not WANT to book stables, it's the same with the reason for less Tag Teams. They want marketable solo stars and not a stable of workers.

WWE for me also do not book stables that well. Evolution was never going to fail with Triple H at the helm and members like Orton and Batista who The 'E WANTED to make stars. But The Cabinet or La Famillia were filled with lower workers working around as run-in lads for main event guys and therefore did not look dominant to viewers or the audience. That is the key to a good stable. Looking dominant. Some people would argue that Nexus was a good stable. To me however Nexus do not count as they are a gang and not a stable. A stable needs a pecking order. In Nexus you sort of had Barrett barking orders and six other nobodies in no real positions. Gangs and stables in wrestling are different. Stables need defined characters but characters on different tiers and levels. WWE had a good chance last year with a little group among Christian, Otunga, Swagger, Ziggler, Vickie and Cody Rhodes that sadly did not go beyond two weeks. The potential is there but the willingness and effort are not.

In TNA, Fortune and Immortal also both suffered to not reach the peak of the MEM. In Immortal you had a case of too many chefs spoiling the broth with Hogan, Bischoff and Flair all involved in some vague leadership role with what was a good build for a stable underneath that never really got established. Fortune on the other hand had a great blueprint for a stable but lacked the main event star to enable really them to look dominant. The problem TNA suffers from as does WWE is that no-one stays established in one role long enough. In TNA there are always heel turns and vice versa and Immortal seemed to be changing members week in week out. A stable needs established longevity for it to succeed. Split them in the end but build it, make people give a shit. For me at the moment a 'traditional' wrestling stable has no chance of succeeding on a national level because the climate currently simply does not wish to require one.

Chilli_Dog

461 words (I think), incredibly hard to actually think about when I sat down and thought about it.

• Paid Members
Hey lads,

Got to take my mum to hospital tomorrow so don't think I'll have a chance to do this, but I'll see if I get a spare moment. Cheers for organising it though, hope there's a future one.

I'm sure no one would mind you having a bit of an extension if needed in the circumstances mate!

Hey lads,

Got to take my mum to hospital tomorrow so don't think I'll have a chance to do this, but I'll see if I get a spare moment. Cheers for organising it though, hope there's a future one.

Yeah, I don't see there being any problem if that's the case. We'll put the cut-off date for the first round entries back until Sunday (22nd). If you don't think you'll get a chance in the next week or so then just let us know and you can have a crack next time. Hope it's nothing serious mate.

Bracket B

CracktonMoj - LariatTom

John Cena should turn heel at this year's WrestleMania.

I am arguing against this statement

In my opinion, John Cena turning heel would be one of the biggest mistakes that WWE could make. There are no other viable replacements on Raw who could take Cena's place as the face of the company and the figurehead around which shows are built around. Who are the suitable replacements? You've got CM Punk who is bombing as WWE Champion in terms of the ratings, R-Truth is most likely too goofy, guys like Rey Mysterio and Triple H are basically on their way to retirement. Outside of that, I can honestly say that I'm struggling to think of anyone else who could potentially be the top face on Raw.

Yes, John Cena will get booed at WrestleMania against The Rock. That's almost a given. But John Cena will be on Raw the next night and while the Rock might be there as well, the chances are that The Rock won't be there the week after that. Or the week after that. Cena will. Turning John Cena heel because of a man who hasn't been in WWE full time for almost a decade,

To say that it isn't Cena is the focal point of the WWE, in my eyes, is wrong. Even without the WWE title, Cena is still in some of the highest rated segments of Raw, and the vast majority of weeks is in or around the main event.

At the moment, WWE seem to be in the mindset of short term fixes to try and resolve problems like falling PPV buyrates (gimmick PPVs galore) and TV ratings. But throughout all of this, John Cena stands tall. He

Archived