Strange Eating Habits

Dead Mike

When I moved house last year, I spent ages trying to find a good chippy. My closest one had soggy chips but the fish was good, the next one looked like it was two rat droppings from being condemned.

Then I found one about a mile and a half away that is utterly devine and cheap as all hell. Mini fish and chips for

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator

When I moved house last year, I spent ages trying to find a good chippy. My closest one had soggy chips but the fish was good, the next one looked like it was two rat droppings from being condemned.

I am now imagining your chip shop search to have gone a little like this:5211_gall_009.jpg"I do not vant nasty soggy chips, I vant mine crisp unt light brown.""Now look here, if I say you're going to eat soggy chips, you'll eat soggy chips.""Soggy... chips..."

• Paid Members

I'm loving spaghetti with brown sauce all over the top. Nothing else on it apart from the spaghetti and brown sauce. It actually is quite good.If you're feeling a bit game, put some Branston Pickle over the pasta rather than the brown sauce. Tangy.

I take it you're not the most proficient cook? It's not hard to make an actual decent pasta sauce and you get the bonus of it actually being food.

A tomato pasta sauce is the easiest thing in the world, and only requires a tin of chopped tomatoes, some garlic, some dried basil, a touch of sugar and some Worcester sauce, all of which any kitchen surely has.

• Paid Members

Even tuna mayo on pasta is something a little more substantial, and super-piss-easy to make. Was a staple meal when I was a student. And since then, I've tested myself with a few of the more simple pasta recipes on the BBC Good Food website, all of which have been well-received by the missus. Doing easy stuff with pasta is the window to a bunch of relatively simple yet pretty impressive meals.

• Paid Members

The topic is "strange eating habits" so not sure why Baz is being singled out for liking brown sauce on pasta. He didn't say he couldn't make a pasta sauce, just that he likes Daddies on it*.When I was younger I used to love salami with strawberry yoghurt (folding the salami over so it could be used to scoop out the yoghurt) and cucumber in chocolate yoghurt (skinned and chopped then mixed in with the yoghurt). Both are delicious though I'm yet to meet a single person who agrees.Edit: *though I admit that does sound student-tastic

• Moderators
The topic is "strange eating habits" so not sure why Baz is being singled out for liking brown sauce on pasta. He didn't say he couldn't make a pasta sauce, just that he likes Daddies on it*.

Like you say, it is very studenty. Nobody over the age of 18 should be dumping brown sauce on a pile of pasta and considering it a meal. What are we, animals?

• Paid Members

Just a note. I can't take normal spaghetti sauce. My stomach can't handle it. By about 11pm, I'm spewing it all over the place. Lovely.

I'm currently obsessed with Baked Potatoes with Tuna and Branston Pickle (I could survive on that pickle stuff). Mmmm.

Mumzie likes to have a sandwich of cheese and Salt & Vineger crisps. I don't like the sound of that.

• Moderators

I used to put Ribena in milk for a Council House Milkshake as a child. Tried it again a couple of years back and it was fucking disgusting. Lord knows why I used to imbibe that stuff like a labourer does speed.

Archived