Strange Eating Habits

Dead Mike

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

In my sixth form days nothing made a meal like a chicken and mushroom Pot Noodle with either a Dairylea or tuna mayo sandwich for dunking.

Lately I'm very much into Reggae Reggae sauce. Mixing it in with scrambled eggs as they cook is just amazing.

I occasionally buy a bag of Giant Buttons and put a dollop of peanut butter between two of them like a tiny little peanutty chocolatey burger.

I followed a basic recipe for bolognese sauce recently and after adding a couple of bit here and there that somehow ended up being the best balti sauce I've ever tasted.

There's a few chippies round these parts that do a tray of chips, pork, stuffing and gravy which is just indescribably great. Does that happen anywhere else?

My mate's brother used to be famous for his Fray Bentos pie sandwiches. A buttered slice of bread on either side of a pie -a pie designed in the first place as an edible container for food to avoid mess. Just such a needless innovation. It's like putting a burger in a pasty. Insane. There was also the time McDonald's were doing 2 for 1 on Big Macs and he frantically went out and bought like 30 of them and kept them in the fridge. Just Big Macs for every meal for days on end. Re-heated Big Macs at that. Dirty bastard.

I had this my only time in Aberdeen. Nearly died when ate it of heart failure.

I had a dish based around a chicken kiev idea. Usually a chicken Kiev has a cavity of garlic butter. This chicken I had in the cavity haggis meat in the centre. It was deep fried covered in batter. To top it off it was covered in grated cheese all over the box it was in. Then it had a cup of hot curry sauce. Dipped in this monstrous piece of deep fried meat and cheese in the curry sauce cup and took a bite. I felt my arteries seize up.

Lately I'm very much into Reggae Reggae sauce. Mixing it in with scrambled eggs as they cook is just amazing.

Yes! I also do this with mash potatoes too but my latest thing with RRS is mixing it in whilst making gypsy toast to accompany the scrambled egg.

I had a dish based around a chicken kiev idea. Usually a chicken Kiev has a cavity of garlic butter. This chicken I had in the cavity haggis meat in the centre. It was deep fried covered in batter. To top it off it was covered in grated cheese all over the box it was in. Then it had a cup of hot curry sauce. Dipped in this monstrous piece of deep fried meat and cheese in the curry sauce cup and took a bite. I felt my arteries seize up.

Where in gods name did you get this...i would happily trade in my heart for this meal!

• Paid Members

Where in gods name did you get this...i would happily trade in my heart for this meal!

Yeah, so would I.

• Paid Members
Just a note. I can't take normal spaghetti sauce. My stomach can't handle it. By about 11pm, I'm spewing it all over the place. Lovely.

That's fucked, do you have some sort of medical problem? Is that the only thing that fucks you up? (can't imagine it would be)

I also was wondering what the devil gypsy toast is.

Gypsy toast is just another name for French toast. Thats what I always knew it as too.

Incidentally, haggis stuffed in in chicken is a well known dish too, its called 'Balmoral chicken', which can sometimes even be wrapped in bacon. Not a usual one for a takeaway to do though, nor for it to be battered with cheese and curry sauce (Usually has a pepper sauce) so my hat goes off to them for the innovation there.

• Paid Members

I've also heard about these Chicken Parmos from comics I know who look forward to gigging in the North East so they can get one! They must be pretty bloody good. I'm keen to partake.

I was dubious about the American practice of putting syrup on a cooked breakfast. It works on the bacon as American bacon tastes nothing like English bacon. I don't think it's cured the same way & is far less salty so the syrup doesn't clash

Weird eating habit that isn't really about the food.

I only like to eat things in even numbers for some reason. Slices of toast, crackers, potatoes, carrots, bisuits, Jaffa Cakes.

Obviously for large foods such as a steak I will only eat one. And for foods in large quantities where it would be impossible to count Noodles, Rice, Pasta etc, I use an even number of serving spoons full.

Archived