UKFF Skyrim Thread

Kata Ha Jime

• Paid Members

You need to nab up/enchant a weapon that steals souls - I started out with a dagger that did it, with a decent enough lagtime of 6 seconds, but... it was just a dagger. Now I have an Elven sword that I whip out when a battle isn't too tough, with a 3 second lead time. Still don't know much about soul sizes, but then my grand gems are all full.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Each soul you trap charges one empty soul gem in your inventory. It's a shame there doesn't seem to be a way of choosing which souls charge which gems - it's a bugger when you've got a load of empty greater soul gems that end up being filled with lesser soul from smaller enemies (wolves, little frostbite spiders, that sort of thing). It'd be good if you could choose to only fill small gems with small souls and greater gems with grand souls (like from human enemies). I guess it wouldn't make a massive difference really, but at least you'd know that your grand soul gems were going to be good for putting a decent charge onto a weapon.

• Paid Members

I ended up trading Skyrim in, as it was just too big a game for me to be bothered with. I loved Oblivion and Fallout, as they were massive but had great settings too. Skyrim for me is just too big a scale, and set in a really boring place where everywhere are snowy mountains and caves.Great game but I just couldn't be bothered with it.

• Paid Members

I've been reading this thread because I'm really tempted by Skyrim, but I've never played a game of this sort of scale or even anything close before. I think I'd be too overwhelmed by it and probably give up too soon. It sounds like it consumes an insane amount of time.

• Paid Members

I've been reading this thread because I'm really tempted by Skyrim, but I've never played a game of this sort of scale or even anything close before. I think I'd be too overwhelmed by it and probably give up too soon. It sounds like it consumes an insane amount of time.

I'd say give it a try. I've never played games like this in the past and was put off for the same reasons, but Skyrim is simply brilliant. Yes it's massive and can be daunting but it is so good to play. Rent it and have a look.

lol, saw that earlier ^^^

so I just completed the Quest 'Throat of the World' and shall spoiler this...

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

so really interested in the story now, I chose to go back to the Temple, instead of talking to the greybeards, do they tell you the same thing? Go to Winterhold and look in the College etc? Now I'm starting the long, tedious, ridiculous looking journey to get there from Solitude...

• Paid Members

I just started yesterday and really like it so far. Haven't got into the magic side of things yet (and I'm a bit worried that it will completely baffle me) but am having alot of fun clobbering fuckers with my axe. After only a few hours of play I've already had a bunch of tasks/quests to do unlocked so that's cool. It's also not as hard to find your way around as it often can be in the Fallout games (and so far it's a lot less glitchy too but after New Vegas that's not really paticularly shocking).I got arrested and fined 40 gold pieces for killing a chicken with an axe though...it was only a chicken!

• Paid Members

I got arrested and fined 40 gold pieces for killing a chicken with an axe though...it was only a chicken!

It was only a chicken to you, selfish murderer! Clucky the chicken not only provided the farmers of Riverwood with excellent quality eggs, but he was a good friend to the children there. They would play chase, and oh how they would laugh. Until you came along, Murderer.

• Paid Members

Had some spare time to play last night, and had a blast - bought the house in Markarth, and I'm now going out on forays to steal shit weapons, enchant them up real cheap for the bonus to my enchanting skill, and then sell them on. It's a nice little industry. Does anyone know if the bigger the enchantment, the bigger the boost to enchantment?Also did the House of Horrors quest - easiest thing I ever did, got a sweet mace, and it's a really cool idea for a storyline.

Archived