UKFF Skyrim Thread

Kata Ha Jime

I had the reverse effect - got Skyrim for my birthday (Christmas Eve), and then Arkham City and Battlefield 3 for Christmas, along with a new headset - tried to play Battlefield, but realized that Skyrim was under my skin by then.

I bought Skyrim and Assassins Creed Relevations just after launch, thought I'd take time to get into Skyrim so had a quick shot of it, planning to get stuck into ACR (I got completly hooked on the previous 2) after that, then go back to Skyrim afterwards. To this day ACR remains in it's wrapper, while Skyrim has had now about 85 hours put into it.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only solution is to take Lydia up to the top of one of the mountains then shout her off of it.

Aah, maybe that's what happened to her, she just disappeared during a mission and hasn't been seen since. I miss her.

Checked she isn't in Dragonreach?

Ah no I haven't but I will! Cheers.

Alas, she was not.

• Paid Members
I've developed this complete fascination with Mirabelle Ervine that just grows and grows :love:.

At the Mage's college? Yeah she's not bad certainly. I wanted Ysolda in Whiterun for a long time, and she was one of the 'marryable' characters too but for some reason I couldn't get her quest going. Obviously I won't tell my lovely wife Sylgia that she was second choice.

Christ. Talking about which computer generated girls I wanted to marry in a fantasy role-playing video game thread on a wrestling forum. Yep. That's me done I think. :(

I've developed this complete fascination with Mirabelle Ervine that just grows and grows :love:.

At the Mage's college? Yeah she's not bad certainly. I wanted Ysolda in Whiterun for a long time, and she was one of the 'marryable' characters too but for some reason I couldn't get her quest going. Obviously I won't tell my lovely wife Sylgia that she was second choice.

Christ. Talking about which computer generated girls I wanted to marry in a fantasy role-playing video game thread on a wrestling forum. Yep. That's me done I think. :(

I married Ysolda, but only at the end of the game for the achievement. I wish I'd done it sooner what with the getting a house for free and also getting some money into the bargain.

While I remember, has anyone had the Markarth Bounty glitch? Ever since doing the forsworn quest (SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

you get framed for murder, thrown in the Cidna mine jail then breakout with the forsworn to allow them to take over the town again

) I've constantly got a bounty in the region, and anytime the guards stop me about it I can't pay the bounty (if I try, it just glitches back to the start of the conversation tree). Pain in the arse, since I now have to fight my way through the town anytime I've got a quest location there.

• Paid Members
While I remember, has anyone had the Markarth Bounty glitch? Ever since doing the forsworn quest (SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

you get framed for murder, thrown in the Cidna mine jail then breakout with the forsworn to allow them to take over the town again

) I've constantly got a bounty in the region, and anytime the guards stop me about it I can't pay the bounty (if I try, it just glitches back to the start of the conversation tree). Pain in the arse, since I now have to fight my way through the town anytime I've got a quest location there.

Yep, utter pain.

Yep, utter pain.

I've read on line that if you haven't done the quest "A Night to Remember" (The one based on The Hangover) then you can start that quest and get an option to pay off the bounty during it and fix the glitch. I'd already done it though so no luck to me. Others have said that they've been able to pay it off outside the city but not in, I've just had no success.

• Paid Members

I've had a good afternoon. Managed to locate Lydia so now I've got some help onside and some extra space to lug my finds. Located the Amulet of Mara and did a bit of research on potential Brides. Because I'm a bit of a dosser I wanted someone with a shack so Camilla Valerius from the Riverwood Trader was a good choice. Shotgun wedding~

Downside is we live with her Brother.

Edit - Googling 'Women to marry in Skyrim' is a sad moment in my life.

Not sure if it will work for everyone but someone told me challenge Sam in Whiterun to a drinking game. I did and the Markarth guards were cool with me again. I even got to go back into the shrine of Talos and the whole guards trying to frame you sequence starts again. Let them take you to jail. It begins an awesome jailbreak quest.

I feel too bad to do that - Lydia is like the follower intern or something, and I gave her the job permanently.

Im starting to get slightly more intrigued by this game, but still dubious about getting it. Basically I bought Fallout 2 and bloody hated it, and I know this has many similarities to the Fallout series.

I really want to like this, and I generally enjoy quest like games, but not sure right now. What are peoples thoughts in regards to it's similarities to the Fallout series? And what EXACTLY makes it so good?

For your references the main reasons I dislike Fallout 2 was (a) it threw me WAY too far into the deep end which is always a massive turn off for me and (b) once I got out of the bunker at about 2 hours into the game I just thought "okay... now what?" I.e. it seemed utterly directionless to me.

It can be a little overwhelming with so much on offer, but if you don't like complete freedom and prefer more linear games, then it's probably not for you. It's not utter directionless, neither is Fallout 3, I you want to follow the main quest line it'll tell you where to go and who to talk to. But the beauty of it is discovering it for yourself. There's so much to see and do in Skyrim, some crazy quests and some serious ones, the main story is just the beginning.

Speaking of the main story, I finished it now...

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

...and because I'd left it to so long it was really easy in the end. There were some really cool bits like capturing the dragon and that awesome Asgard type place where you fight Alduin. So yeah it was pretty good, think I preferred the Oblivion main overall though. Maybe it's because I didn't get round to it until level 49 and breezed through it. Still enjoyed it a lot though, 95 hours in now and just clearing up everything else on offer

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Yes! Finally found something with the soul trapping enchantment! I was having a nightmare trying to fill up soul gems because the soul trap spell takes all of my magicka to cast.

Lydia is starting to really get on my tits, and is outgrowing her usefulness. She has two purposes - to create a diversion and to be a walking suitcase. I found a staff full of Flame Atronachs that I can use as a diversion now, and there's no point looting everything I find to sell as I don't need the cash (the transmutation spell I found recently is just a license to print money; it's amazing!)

I had a soul trap enchanted bow that was easiest for me. The spell just took too long, too much magicka and didn't work as much. Lydia pissed me off ages ago and she may have "accidently" walked into a dual wielded glass sword attack. Stupid bitch. But all I used her for was the walking suitcase, but then I found the Steed stone, that's your friend.

Thanks for giving me your thoughts. Might try it when it's gone down in price a little and after I get through a few other games first.

Saw a video of the gamely and those dragons look bloody ace.

Archived