UKFF Skyrim Thread

Kata Ha Jime

• Paid Members

Ok so had a good run through yesterday and did some fun stuff. The ghosts that attack you while telling you how sorry they are are brilliant and I hope to find out more about their story. I did the first Companions mission where the wizard tricks you down into a hole and then basically sets you on fire and I also got the tree knife and got the sap from the hot spring and had to fight some hard glowing tree bastards who did a serious number on me.

Still haven't really got the hang of magic yet. I worked out how to enchant weapons and armour but when I use the enchanment ring(?) it says I need an object and a soul gem (which I have many of) but also an enchantment which I have none of. How do I get an enchantment? I'm doing OK in the game so far but I feel that if I don't ge ta hang of all this enchantment and magic malarky soon bad guys are gonna really start fucking me up.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Still haven't really got the hang of magic yet. I worked out how to enchant weapons and armour but when I use the enchanment ring(?) it says I need an object and a soul gem (which I have many of) but also an enchantment which I have none of. How do I get an enchantment? I'm doing OK in the game so far but I feel that if I don't ge ta hang of all this enchantment and magic malarky soon bad guys are gonna really start fucking me up.

If you go back a couple of pages we were talking about that stuff, basically you have to disenchant an enchanted weapon in order to learn an enchantment. I assume what you mean by an enchantment ring is a ring you can equip to improve your enchantment by x%?

• Paid Members

You'll need to disenchant something else. At various points you'll either pick up enchanted weapons or find them for sale in random shops. Take them to the enchantment table, select disenchant and you're done. You will of course lose the weapon/item you disenchant but it's worth it in the long run as you can use the enchantment you learn an unlimited amount of times.

In general Skyrim news I've somehow spent around 90 hours on this game already (playing as an Imperial named Dexter Morgan). Probably spent most of that time reading books, smithing/enchanting and trying to decide which of the 40 odd objectives I've got to get on with. The only thing I know for sure is if the guy who works at Bellator's Goods Store tells me where he works once more I'm gonna fucking kill him.

• Paid Members
I assume what you mean by an enchantment ring is a ring you can equip to improve your enchantment by x%?

I meant the glowing circle table thing where you actually go to enchant stuff. I can't remember what they called it in the game.

Okay so I'll have a look around in shops for enchant weapons. Thanks fellas.

• Paid Members

I've just re-read through the thread and there are so many things talked about that I'm not using/doing. Poisions being a big thing. I must have 40 or so of them that I've not looked at and not thought once about using while I'm banging my head against a brick wall trying to clear a room and constantly dying. I'll be playing about with them next time I get a chance to have a go.

Any tips on boosting enchantments? I managed to learn a Soul trap enchantment yesterday but haven't done anything with it yet.

Edit - I'll also apologize for constantly asking stupid questions in this thread. I just don't wanna miss out on anything in the game.

• Paid Members
The only thing I know for sure is if the guy who works at Bellator's Goods Store tells me where he works once more I'm gonna fucking kill him.

Yeah, most of the residents of Whiterun piss me off with their dialogue now.

"I work with Belethor, at the local goods store"

Yes mate, you told me. Also, we're IN Belethor's general goods store.

"I work with my mother, to sell fruits and vegetables. It's fun most days, but hard work."

Shut up child. If you weren't protected by the game to have infinite hit points I would burn you.

• Paid Members
My bro has just bought a really nice house in Markrath. It's so much swankier than the Whiterun house. You should ditch that one horse town of Whiterun and never go back.

Yeah, I remember in Oblivion though that I bought the nicer houses and they seemed too big. But yes I'm on 90,000 gold now, saving up for the 100k achievement, once I get that old Eddard Stark's going on a super spending spree, with property investment being top of the tree.

I've never been too keen on Markath though, it's beautiful to look at but I always get confused / lost navigating around it. I guess once I moved there I'd find my way around though. I imagined I'd probably end up in Riften. I like Riften.

• Paid Members

That place in Markarth is lovely, I'm imagining I'll move everything there once I finish up decorating (too busy the last few nights). Just did the Forsworn Conspiracy quest, the ending is exceptional, I thought. Don't know what I want to do next, though, probably go start the Companions storyline.

• Paid Members
Any tips on boosting enchantments? I managed to learn a Soul trap enchantment yesterday but haven't done anything with it yet.

Edit - I'll also apologize for constantly asking stupid questions in this thread. I just don't wanna miss out on anything in the game.

Sorry missed this earlier. OK well I tried to boost my smithing and enchanting early in the game, I'd go to Whiterun, buy as much leather and leather strips as I could off Warmaidens, smith it into leather daggers and bracers (I think they are the two that use the least materials), then go up to Dragonsreach and put the enchantments with the weakest soul gems I had that gave the item the best value (fortify sneak is good). Then sell it all off to Beletho. Rinse and repeat. At first you'll lose a lot of money doing this as you'll have poor skills in speech, smithing and enchanting, but it'll rank up all 3 doing this and you'll gradually see it improve to the point where you're making a tidy profit and boosting your stats. Also equipping a "Improves barter" amulet before you buy and sell will improve your margins obviously.

As for the soul trap enchantment, stick on a weapon, then buy, find or steal every soul gem you can get your hands on. Head out into a Draugr infested dungeon and swipe as many souls as you can. One other thing to mention, you can't take human souls until you have a black soul gem or the Star of Azura

• Moderators

You bought leather?

I don't think I ever did that.. I go hunting for wolves and bears to get my smithing up. Gives you the added bonus of being able to fill up your petty soul gems as well, whilst you're at it.

The route East through the forests down towards Riften from the mountains is good hunting grounds I found the other day. Killed about 4-5 bears and even more wolves on one little jaunt.

• Paid Members

Sorry missed this earlier. OK well I tried to boost my smithing and enchanting early in the game, I'd go to Whiterun, buy as much leather and leather strips as I could off Warmaidens, smith it into leather daggers and bracers (I think they are the two that use the least materials), then go up to Dragonsreach and put the enchantments with the weakest soul gems I had that gave the item the best value (fortify sneak is good). Then sell it all off to Beletho. Rinse and repeat. At first you'll lose a lot of money doing this as you'll have poor skills in speech, smithing and enchanting, but it'll rank up all 3 doing this and you'll gradually see it improve to the point where you're making a tidy profit and boosting your stats. Also equipping a "Improves barter" amulet before you buy and sell will improve your margins obviously.

As for the soul trap enchantment, stick on a weapon, then buy, find or steal every soul gem you can get your hands on. Head out into a Draugr infested dungeon and swipe as many souls as you can. One other thing to mention, you can't take human souls until you have a black soul gem or the Star of Azura

Thanks man. I've actually been doing what you've suggested, but most of the Enchantments I have put on my armour/weapons tends to be quite weak. I guess the way to get that higher is to keep on enchanting things.

I'm gutted I won't be able to play until Sunday now. Bollocks.

Archived