UKFF Skyrim Thread

Kata Ha Jime

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yeah, I'm hoping that the DLC isn't shite like armored fucking horses, or some of the other rumors. I want another big quest... fact is, I want the occasional aboveground Falmer to turn out to be an expeditionary force, being manipulated by the Aldemeri Dominion, to take down the 'rim. That would be aces, though obviously it's just a pipe dream.

• Paid Members

I still haven't finished the main quest. I just broke into the Thalmor embassy, failing to take anything in with me, so surviving purely through luck and my conjured Storm Atronachs. I've done all the College quests, can't finish the Companion one 'cos it's glitched until the dungeon I cleared becomes uncleared again, and can't remember what I'm doing next.

I still haven't finished the main quest. I just broke into the Thalmor embassy, failing to take anything in with me, so surviving purely through luck and my conjured Storm Atronachs. I've done all the College quests, can't finish the Companion one 'cos it's glitched until the dungeon I cleared becomes uncleared again, and can't remember what I'm doing next.

Just a word of advice, when you eventually get back onto the companions quests. You'll start a quest called "Purity Of Revenge", you'll want to save your game as soon as this quest starts then finish this quest (it's fairly easy) without saving at all, as the quest that comes after, "Glory Of The Dead", can glitch and not start at all, making it impossible to finish the companions quests. If it doesn't start, you can re-load and do the Purity quest again in the hopes that it will trigger the Glory quest. Just don't save it mid-way through Purity as I'm not sure where abouts in that quest the glitch occurs.

I had to start my whole game over after encountering this nasty glitch. Thank god it didn't happen a second time.

• Paid Members

I've had some nasty dragon glitches.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Fighting Alduin for the first time (and for me, only time so far), I dragonrended him during his speech, making him unhurtable. Now, I'm trying to take down his mate in Dragonreach, and he is also invincible.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Moderators

I just figured out last night that if you hold down A and move around instead of tapping it, you can drag/carry objects about.

I had no idea! Apologies if this is only news to me.

Anyway, this is helping my current ninja steez as I can now hide dead bodies as well.

Also helpful if you want to arrange decorations in your house.

• Paid Members

Last night I played hide and seek with a ghost...which was fun.

That's what I like about this game, inbetween going into dungeons and killing dragons you can do stuff like deliver religious propaganda. Just to break things up.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought the game today. I don't really play RPG's so its all new to me really.

Does the game have a set story to follow, so to speak? (i.e. am I going to get to see credits after a big final battle, one would assume without potential spoilers?!) or is it a game you just play forever like say SIMS etc.

I ask because I keep on getting these missions to follow and apparently they are just going to grow and I've heard there is no set track to be on and no two games are the same. For instance I was in some cave looking for something or another then I left the cave but there is no way back in? Do I just fuck off and ride a horse to some place?

Just bought the game today. I don't really play RPG's so its all new to me really.

Does the game have a set story to follow, so to speak? (i.e. am I going to get to see credits after a big final battle, one would assume without potential spoilers?!) or is it a game you just play forever like say SIMS etc.

I ask because I keep on getting these missions to follow and apparently they are just going to grow and I've heard there is no set track to be on and no two games are the same. For instance I was in some cave looking for something or another then I left the cave but there is no way back in? Do I just fuck off and ride a horse to some place?

There are set missions and developments that are affected by decisions you make and all that. I'd stick to the main story for a few missions, then go off exploring. Once you've discovered a place, such as a cave, you can fast travel back there.

• Paid Members

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

I was underwhelmed by the main quest, but that was mainly because I'd leveled up to a terrifying degree by that point. Actually, saying that, I was only level 40 or so, but with the double enchanted dragon and daedric equipment, Alduin was useless. Tsun was more of a problem.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

I think I've given up on the game. I'm only up to level 31 but I feel like I've seen the whole map and from this point on it's all more of the same.

Talk to some guy, go speak to another guy, then go into a cave/dungeon and kill everybody, get the thing I'm supposed to get, go back to the original guy, give it to him. Quest over.

Saying that, I think I'll get back to it at some point. Mass Effect 3 comes out in 2 weeks I think, I'll get on that shit and when I'm done with that I'll go back to Skyrim where everything will feel fresh again.

Archived